Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:08 pm I don't mind dupont getting narky, it shows he can be rattled. They will come all guns blazing next week, will probably have marchand back, but will need at least 3 changes to their 23. Placines was carried off, The winger will be banned and the no. 23 had to go off injured so will be dipping to the reserves backs. Not much of an issue if they go for 6/2 split again though. When's the ref announced???
Costing Toulouse two tries must have stuck in his craw a bit.

He’s not done much wrong in his career until now and he’s not got long to get over it.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:20 pm
jean valjean wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:22 pm Resale tickets for some parts of the ground available now. Didn't realise they increased in price, more gouging by ticketmaster? Does the seller get full price? I had it from before that they only got 75% of value.
Bonjour mon ami Jean Valjean - Regarde ci-dessous
StandUp wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm The French were whinging???
I can’t believe it…
Au revoir :duck: :lol:
Touché monsieur. :lol:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bart S wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:41 pm It's easy this year :-

Group Stage - we have avenged the snake Gibbes
Last 16 - we'll avenge the thug Brennan
Last 8 - we'll avenge the gloater Zebo
Last 4 - we'll avenge the basket case BOD
Final - we'll avenge Mrs Afoa
Also win the URC and through world domination we'll avenge the bullshi^^er Logan

Gonna be a bad year to be an Ulster hater
If Leicester keep up their current form Leinster will need to be red hot to beat them at Welford Road
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 pm
Bart S wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:41 pm It's easy this year :-

Group Stage - we have avenged the snake Gibbes
Last 16 - we'll avenge the thug Brennan
Last 8 - we'll avenge the gloater Zebo
Last 4 - we'll avenge the basket case BOD
Final - we'll avenge Mrs Afoa
Also win the URC and through world domination we'll avenge the bullshi^^er Logan

Gonna be a bad year to be an Ulster hater
If Leicester keep up their current form Leinster will need to be red hot to beat them at Welford Road
Agreed. They were very impressive against Clermont.
Imho Genge is a bit of a prat, but he leads them very well.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

PNE fan Borthwick could well pick up a trophy or two before he takes over from Eddie.

Making a belated return to the Melting Pot - the barman thought he’d got rid of all the Ulster fans.

Pub O’Clock opposite is worth a couple of pints for future visits.

The veal chop in Le Pyreneen nearby was delicious this evening, although I’ve had better snails. The waiter looked like Dupont. Lovely fella too.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:28 pm PNE fan Borthwick could well pick up a trophy or two before he takes over from Eddie.

Making a belated return to the Melting Pot - the barman thought he’d got rid of all the Ulster fans.

The veal chop in Le Pyreneen nearby was delicious this evening, although I’ve had better snails. The waiter looked like Dupont. Lovely fella too.
Is De Danu still there?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bart S wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:34 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:28 pm PNE fan Borthwick could well pick up a trophy or two before he takes over from Eddie.

Is De Danu still there?
I believe it has dropped the 'De' and is an English bar now.

Hope you had a good trip Justin. I have a lot of time for Toulouse.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yes thank you BR.

Toulouse is an excellent place.

The Melting Pot is nicely busy as we sit here now on a Monday night and a pub we could do with in Belfast.

Brive was super quiet but the locals were friendly.

I wasn’t overly keen on Montpellier tbh. Dunno how it worked for the Ulster game as that was just before I came on board. The ground itself was fine and we had a great view from the steep stand behind the goal. The bar area/ fan zone’ was a bit cramped before the game although I did randomly meet bump into a chap I know from Bishop’s Stortford rugby.

Anyway, it was just great to be away again and I trust my fellow travellers enjoyed it and got home safely.

As you can imagine, there’d be no worries about the atmosphere on Saturday if UR would station us all together again and pay for a few drinks!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Montpellier was an excellent trip. Iirc beer /food zone outside before game and then supporters club type bar for a few hours afterwards.

Then back into place Comedie for a mass game of touch (well it started out as touch)

Been back since - I do like the city.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Didn’t help with it being a Sunday for the game yesterday.

Had some decent charcuterie and Minervois today tbf but it was a chilly day. There was a band on in place Comedie.

Looks like Toulouse and Montpellier will be ten degrees hotter next weekend.

Hopefully the lady from our game will bring over her shellfish and white wine stall!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BR wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:55 pm Montpellier was an excellent trip. Iirc beer /food zone outside before game and then supporters club type bar for a few hours afterwards.

Then back into place Comedie for a mass game of touch (well it started out as touch)

That's brought back some very hazy memories! I think Jim Nagusa got involved in the mass game at some stage, although thankfully not too physically.

A great trip indeed!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Aye, Jim didn't stray too far away from the champagne bottles. IIRC he was fined for missing training the following day.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Enjoyed Toulouse a few years back (10 years i think) when we got our first competitive win in France at Castres. I used Toulouse as our base for the weekend and Travelled down to Castres on the day. Excellent place to stay with a few good eateries and drinkeries. :stout:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:55 pm Montpellier was an excellent trip. Iirc beer /food zone outside before game and then supporters club type bar for a few hours afterwards.

My daughter was in Montpellier a couple of weeks back for the World Figure Skating Championships.

Not quite the same as a messy rugby weekend, but she enjoyed it. :D

She would recommend it as a city to visit, but almost certainly not for the same reasons as you, BR :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:39 pm

My daughter was in Montpellier a couple of weeks back for the World Figure Skating Championships.

Not quite the same as a messy rugby weekend, but she enjoyed it. :D

She would recommend it as a city to visit, but almost certainly not for the same reasons as you, BR :lol:
Au contraire. I have been there for a family holiday too.
www.stoutboys.co.uk