Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by big mervyn »

pip14 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:28 am Anyone ever seen a pack over 1000kg before?
That's over a ton/tonne both metric and in "old money"

We're not feeding Marty enough!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:14 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 pm Predicting a sell out for Saturday now..... can anyone remember the last time we had a sell out?

Sell out as in the ticket variety, not the Shame Logan type!
Or John “my back is a bit tender” Afoa, or Jonno “I’m a wee bit homesick” Gibbes.
... or Marcell ^my contract isn't worth the paper it's written on" Coetzee
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

StandUp wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:30 pm
Leargas wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 pm Well done, our Northern brethren.
Not sure BOD agreed.

Tommy was c0ck-a-hoop, but BOD a little subdued. :lol: :lol:
BOD is a hateful little b@stard.
What did BOD say?

Ulster have won the first half (brilliant first half all the same) but job far from done with the likes of Dupont and co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Just goes to show that you dont want to be winning at half time.
We are though....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 am
StandUp wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:14 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 pm Predicting a sell out for Saturday now..... can anyone remember the last time we had a sell out?

Sell out as in the ticket variety, not the Shame Logan type!
Or John “my back is a bit tender” Afoa, or Jonno “I’m a wee bit homesick” Gibbes.
... or Marcell ^my contract isn't worth the paper it's written on" Coetzee
Hmm how did I forget about that one?
Too much celebrating yesterday methinks.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:38 am
StandUp wrote:
Not sure BOD agreed.

What did BOD say?

Ulster have won the first half (brilliant first half all the same) but job far from done with the likes of Dupont and co.

Not what he said so much as his general demeanour.
Tommy was ecstatic in the studio because Ulster did so well. Bod looked like someone stole his wallet.
We all know he has no love for us nordie b@stards, but the Ulster win probably killed his bet too. :cheers:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The muted celebrations at the final whistle were a good sign. A bit disappointed to have conceded the try and already focused on next week.

Should be the best atmosphere at Ravers for a few years. By rights it should be sold out already. Too many fairweather fans and naysayers about these days
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Les poils du chien, some sunshine and Johnny Hallyday on the tannoy and I feel like a new man.

Should be a good game today
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:38 am
StandUp wrote:
Not sure BOD agreed.

What did BOD say?

BOD still paying the price on here for his basket case comment. It's only half time in the tie and the short period of post match analysis meant all we saw was him looking more subdued than a beaming Tommy who saw his old team win.

Didn't care for his punditry much when he started but think he is pretty decent and fair these days.

I think a 13 point lead would have made things look a lot different. May even have impacted Toulouse selection. As KOTH says still a long way to go in this.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dan has rightly identified the breakdown and Line-out as key work-ons. I wonder if Carter may come into the mix as the one area where I think he operates pretty well is at the Line-out and arguably ulster's best exponent there.

We can't afford to give away so much possession there again.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Carter is a total liability on the pitch. Wouldn't be dropping the Strangler or hendo for him
Dura lex sed lex
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Between turning them over in their own backyard, some self perceived “ref injustice”, and DuPonts spikey little comments I can see the game getting a bit spicy- which is prob what is needed to get the Ravenhill atmosphere right back to its peak. It has all the ingredients of a Ravenhill classic euro performance. We have an opportunity to put down a serious marker.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I don't mind dupont getting narky, it shows he can be rattled. They will come all guns blazing next week, will probably have marchand back, but will need at least 3 changes to their 23. Placines was carried off, The winger will be banned and the no. 23 had to go off injured so will be dipping to the reserves backs. Not much of an issue if they go for 6/2 split again though. When's the ref announced???
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

As Merv said it should be a sell out for this Saturday already.
Loads of tickets available throughout the stadium.
The Easter Saturday fixture does not work here.
Too many away in Donegal which is disappointing as it will be a great spectacle and we need all the support we can get.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dharper wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:21 pm Between turning them over in their own backyard, some self perceived “ref injustice”, and DuPonts spikey little comments I can see the game getting a bit spicy- which is prob what is needed to get the Ravenhill atmosphere right back to its peak. It has all the ingredients of a Ravenhill classic euro performance. We have an opportunity to put down a serious marker.
Hopefully ulster starts strong this time.

Always seem to concede 7 or 10pts before going through phases and scoring ourselves. Won’t be good enough next week.

What did DuPont say? Must say the whinging from Toulouse supporters on their forum is a bit surprising. It was a red card and Baloucoune was onside prior to their SH lifting the ball.

Shouldn’t surprise me given that they think Brennan is a hero of the club.