Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:41 pm Should be the best atmosphere at Ravers for a few years. By rights it should be sold out already. Too many fairweather fans and naysayers about these days
Let's hope Toulouse can keep 15 on the pitch this Saturday, because once Ravers gets going they're going to be playing 16!

Every tackle made by an Ulster man, every knock on by a Toulouse player..... every one inch win will be roared!

Dupont and co will be hearing us in their sleep come bed time on Saturday night!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by HammerTime »

The atmosphere has been dung for a good few years now. Let’s hope we can recreate another saracens type noise when even George Hook said on news talk it was the best atmosphere he’d ever experienced in Ireland. The frogs are livid and will believe the hype about the ‘injustices.’ Going to be an occasion alright.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:50 pm The atmosphere has been dung for a good few years now. Let’s hope we can recreate another saracens type noise when even George Hook said on news talk it was the best atmosphere he’d ever experienced in Ireland. The frogs are livid and will believe the hype about the ‘injustices.’ Going to be an occasion alright.
There hasn't been an occasion like this to roar in a long time. This is our biggest home game since Saracens.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You sons of bitches, I'm in!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wonder if wee Dupont is up for some Top Bants?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You're just a merde Paul Marshall!!
You're just a merde Paul Maaaarrrsshhaaaallll!!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Its a real shame this is scheduled for Easter Saturday. That could really blunt the support as I imagine lots of people will be away for the weekend. You'd like to think it will still be a sell out crowd though. Regarding the Toulouse whinging, what I picked up was:

1. They agree it was a red card so they weren't arguing about that.
2. They thought there was a forward pass in the sequence leading up to Baloucoune's second (on watching it back on the TV, the commentary team thought it was forward too in fairness)
3. For the intercept they thought either(/both) Baloucoune was off side or that play should have stopped due to their injured player. They are wrong on both counts in my view. Replays clearly show ADP lifting the ball before Baloucoune breaks - it is only Baloucoune's acceleration that makes it look offside. In terms of the injured player, they could have stopped play themselves at that ruck, but ADP chose to play so that's on them too. The player who was down was never endangered by the continuation of play, and lets face it, if they had gone on to score themselves, they would hardly have been arguing it should be chalked off, so their only complaint is that we scored rather than them.
4. They didn't think their try should have been disallowed for the earlier knock on by ADP, but I couldn't discern any real reason why they say that should be the case.

Overall I thought Barnes was a fair referee, the above points by them are nitpicking really - I think we had plenty to complain about ourselves so it balances out fairly.

The toulouse forum is debating whether they should send the B team or the first XV. The prevailing view seems to be that they should do something in between - rest some front liners but go with a strong team nonetheless.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:47 am Its a real shame this is scheduled for Easter Saturday. That could really blunt the support as I imagine lots of people will be away for the weekend. You'd like to think it will still be a sell out crowd though. Regarding the Toulouse whinging, what I picked up was:

1. They agree it was a red card so they weren't arguing about that.
2. They thought there was a forward pass in the sequence leading up to Baloucoune's second (on watching it back on the TV, the commentary team thought it was forward too in fairness)
3. For the intercept they thought either(/both) Baloucoune was off side or that play should have stopped due to their injured player. They are wrong on both counts in my view. Replays clearly show ADP lifting the ball before Baloucoune breaks - it is only Baloucoune's acceleration that makes it look offside. In terms of the injured player, they could have stopped play themselves at that ruck, but ADP chose to play so that's on them too. The player who was down was never endangered by the continuation of play, and lets face it, if they had gone on to score themselves, they would hardly have been arguing it should be chalked off, so their only complaint is that we scored rather than them.
4. They didn't think their try should have been disallowed for the earlier knock on by ADP, but I couldn't discern any real reason why they say that should be the case.

Overall I thought Barnes was a fair referee, the above points by them are nitpicking really - I think we had plenty to complain about ourselves so it balances out fairly.

The toulouse forum is debating whether they should send the B team or the first XV. The prevailing view seems to be that they should do something in between - rest some front liners but go with a strong team nonetheless.
The French were whinging???
I can’t believe it…
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Resale tickets for some parts of the ground available now. Didn't realise they increased in price, more gouging by ticketmaster? Does the seller get full price? I had it from before that they only got 75% of value.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:31 pm You sons of bitches, I'm in!
Let’s just say that if Ravenhill is not rockin, I mean like 1998/99, on Saturday at 8pm, when will it ever? Leave nothing out there, at least until Munster the following week, also a huge game for home advantage in the league.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:22 pm Resale tickets for some parts of the ground available now. Didn't realise they increased in price, more gouging by ticketmaster? Does the seller get full price? I had it from before that they only got 75% of value.
Bonjour mon ami Jean Valjean - Regarde ci-dessous
StandUp wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm The French were whinging???
I can’t believe it…
Au revoir :duck: :lol:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

It's easy this year :-

Group Stage - we have avenged the snake Gibbes
Last 16 - we'll avenge the thug Brennan
Last 8 - we'll avenge the gloater Zebo
Last 4 - we'll avenge the basket case BOD
Final - we'll avenge Mrs Afoa
Also win the URC and through world domination we'll avenge the bullshi^^er Logan

Gonna be a bad year to be an Ulster hater
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Not quite sure how we avenge Delon the spide Armitage this year but one thing's for certain as ulster fans : we shall never forget or forgive him
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:22 pm Resale tickets for some parts of the ground available now. Didn't realise they increased in price, more gouging by ticketmaster? Does the seller get full price? I had it from before that they only got 75% of value.
Something like that. They fleece the buyer and the seller (twice given that he has already been fleeced).
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Not quite sure how we avenge Delon the spide Armitage this year but one thing's for certain as ulster fans : we shall never forget or forgive him
London Irish redeemed themselves by telling their immoral sponsors to do one.