Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by big mervyn »

Superb from McIlroy who got some undue criticism when he was crocked against Connacht.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:13 pm Same oul Ulster … get yer hopes up and they let you down year after year. Plenty of effort but Very predictable played into their hands every time. Atrocious luck effectively being down to 12 men for their try at the death. Beyond gutted.
McCloskey taken beyond the horizontal in a ruck clear out in run up to Dupont try, also think that we won the ball there. See link below.

https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/ ... QbpvI5p7pg

Again no sour grapes. Great to genuinely be back at the top table in Europe competing.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:49 pm ... anyway there's more important things going on in the world. For the love of God, will somebody not sort HWM out with a fridge freezer?

Preferably one with a towbar!
Put him in a fridge freezer and tow him away more like. :lol:

Was standing beside me tonight - when he wasn't falling over - and never shut up spouting the same old same old tripe. :shock:

Even Owen (spelling?) one of his own mates was threatening to have him disappear! :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Referee definitely missed several fouls on both sides but imo I don’t think that caused our loss.
The game was there to be won but we weren’t smart enough.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jeez I hope there isn't any back slapping over a defeat in the dressing room. Whatever about Toulose and their squad, that is a game Ulster should have won. No one will ever convince me of anything different.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:53 pm Just home and absolutely gutted but with no complaints,
Sorta feel the same way, but one complaint was that several times they put up long clearing kicks with no chasing players. Kicker stayed back which meant that when we ran it back at them every single Toulouse player bar the kicker was offside and he was back in his 22. We got tackled and ref let them. :banghead:

Happened a few times.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:36 pm Jeez I hope there isn't any back slapping over a defeat in the dressing room. Whatever about Toulose and their squad, that is a game Ulster should have won. No one will ever convince me of anything different.
I'd hoped we had left the "valiant loser" tag behind some time ago. I hope it doesn't rear its ugly head again.
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:36 pm Jeez I hope there isn't any back slapping over a defeat in the dressing room. Whatever about Toulose and their squad, that is a game Ulster should have won. No one will ever convince me of anything different.
100% Dave. I’m sick of this plucky Ulster tom kite.
Either we are serious contenders to really win silverware or we are just journeymen. Defeat by 1 point or 20 points is still a defeat. I very much doubt Leinster or Munster would be content with “almost” winning.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Crap!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Disappointing to say the least. We need to cut out the momentum killing parts of the game. Roberts yellow, the intercept try, TOTs red, all knocked us back and left us chasing the game. The effort couldn't be faulted but that's something we expect of any side and we need more than that. Feels like we left that one hanging which is the disappointing thing.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

allezlesverres wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:52 pm What a heartbreak, and so typical of ulster. In fairness there was a real contest tonight even when we went a man down. Against the toulouse galacticos you have to say well done ulster. The draw did us dirty this year because of covid but we showed we aren't just here to make up the numbers. That was a valiant effort and the team should hold their heads higg in defeat. O'toole will feel raw, but for me the tide only got turned by the penalty against Hume for going off his feet, which was a very harsh call. That gave them access from which they scored the killing try. Up to then we were competitive even with a man down.

I was screaming at hendo to kick the points all night. we left their 22 empty handed more times than not. If we had kicked for goal, who knows, but I feel against big opposition, you have to kick your penalties. Also, for all cooney did well (and of that there was a lot) the box kicks between 55ish mins and 70ish mins killed us. They were all awful, kick after kick. Just terrible. It must have been part of the game plan but the execution was grim. Far too long, too infield and no kick chase.

Another tough night to be an ulster fan but there are some promising signs for the future. The URC will still be a bridge too far this year, with leinster just hitting their straps but we should have some big days out left in the season.
Absolutely
. closing stages, , we are 6 points up, and we persisted with kicking the ball down the throat of their full back.......who for most of the second half was Ntamack, having worked out if he stood there he would be given free uncontested ball. Shambles, if this was a plan, someone needed to intervene to change it . It was inviting disaster, and indeed so it came.
Maybe we need a brain cell coach, as well as a coach, a defence coach, an attack coach etc etc

Big big opportunity missed,
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:11 am
allezlesverres wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:52 pm What a heartbreak, and so typical of ulster. In fairness there was a real contest tonight even when we went a man down. Against the toulouse galacticos you have to say well done ulster. The draw did us dirty this year because of covid but we showed we aren't just here to make up the numbers. That was a valiant effort and the team should hold their heads higg in defeat. O'toole will feel raw, but for me the tide only got turned by the penalty against Hume for going off his feet, which was a very harsh call. That gave them access from which they scored the killing try. Up to then we were competitive even with a man down.

I was screaming at hendo to kick the points all night. we left their 22 empty handed more times than not. If we had kicked for goal, who knows, but I feel against big opposition, you have to kick your penalties. Also, for all cooney did well (and of that there was a lot) the box kicks between 55ish mins and 70ish mins killed us. They were all awful, kick after kick. Just terrible. It must have been part of the game plan but the execution was grim. Far too long, too infield and no kick chase.

Another tough night to be an ulster fan but there are some promising signs for the future. The URC will still be a bridge too far this year, with leinster just hitting their straps but we should have some big days out left in the season.
Absolutely
. closing stages, , we are 6 points up, and we persisted with kicking the ball down the throat of their full back.......who for most of the second half was Ntamack, having worked out if he stood there he would be given free uncontested ball. Shambles, if this was a plan, someone needed to intervene to change it . It was inviting disaster, and indeed so it came.
Maybe we need a brain cell coach, as well as a coach, a defence coach, an attack coach etc etc

Surely DV should have the experience to call this out and change the game plan, no?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

How many more heartbreaking defeats are we to endure?

I'm struggling to fit into my bridesmaids dress these days.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:14 am
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:11 am

Absolutely

Surely DV should have the experience to call this out and change the game plan, no?
He is no Muller.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I fear we are getting a reputation among the other teams as a squad who choke under the pressure. We have shown that over many years.
And if the other teams regard us as such, how do our own players see the squad as a whole? How does the squad turn that around?
Is this another group who are happy to ponce about the Lisburn Road and drink their mochaccino’s and pretend to be Billy big balls?