Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by Neill_M »

Ref: Matthew Carley (England)
Assistant Ref 1: Andrew Jackson (England)
Assistant Ref 2: Phil Watters (England)
TMO: Ian Tempest (England)
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by justinr73 »

I think Mr Carley was in charge when we beat Racing at home and also when we lost in Clermont in January 2020.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Wonder how this will go down in France. Another carve up by the Anglos ?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They can’t have been watching too much of the URC if they think the Lionel refs are useless.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Very bad losers :D
Attachments
E019C918-2451-4B2F-8798-3F9530C1CDC1.jpeg
E019C918-2451-4B2F-8798-3F9530C1CDC1.jpeg (47.71 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dharper wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:55 pm Very bad losers :D
Here’s hoping they are as sore at 10pm Saturday :cheers:
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:22 pm Resale tickets for some parts of the ground available now. Didn't realise they increased in price, more gouging by ticketmaster? Does the seller get full price? I had it from before that they only got 75% of value.
Some interesting stuff going on here (and I mean interesting in the way this is being handled).

A comparison of a ticket for the Family Terrace - where both 'standard' and 're-sale' are available to purchase:
Standard = £25 + £2.75 Ticketmaster handling fee = final price of £27.75
Re-sale = £27.75 (original £25 + original Ticketmaster handling fee of £2.75) + 15% VAT (= £4.16) + £2.75 Ticketmaster handling fee = a final price of £33.29

So it would seem that (a) in a re-sale the sale price includes the original £2.75 handling fee on the original sale (fair enough that the private seller might want that back as well) and (b) the purchaser gets charged a further handling fee for this transaction (since it is the fee for Ticketmaster offering the 'market-making/ticket exchange' facility). In the T'cs & C's it is explicit that if a business which is registered for VAT is selling them then VAT will have to be added to the re-sale price but I'm intrigued to note the application of VAT even as a private, non-registered for VAT, individual especially as Tmster is only offering the service, not doing the buying and re-selling of them.

The Ticketmaster online exchange T's & C's are remarkably clear, and do all sorts of useful things - such as does not allow you to set your own re-sale higher than the total price you paid for them (although a later clause says you can do that), and demonstrating what the original price paid was. What they don't appear to do is sell the ticket for less than you paid for it (clause 9.1 explicitly states what the price has to include) although it would be interested to hear if anyone has tried ?

As for what Ticketmaster take - it seems it's only the £2.75 'handling aka market place' fee, and the seller would get all their ticket money back, less whatever fees are deducted by the Ticketmaster payments agent (Adyen - this is set up at the same time as listing for re-sale). I'd doubt that these are free, and they are not listed in the T's & C's but I would be interested to know what these might be (similar to credit card fees of say 2.5% ?).

From a commercial point of view, it is obvious from the way that this is set up that Ticketmaster (and by extension UR) want to see their (primary) un-sold sticket stock shifted before the re-sale of any (secondary) 'sold' ticket stock. Re-sale is a service that allows you to get some/nearly all of your money back, but only if there is sufficient demand. It also seems to try and allow a reasonable price to be set for 'second-hand tickets'. Not an unreasonable position or set-up, I'd suggest designed to facilitate ticket exchange, not profit-making. What it appears you can't do is give your ticket away on their exchange platform.... but then I doubt there would be a welcome in n the Albert Square market for someone giving fruit and veg away there either.

The Ticketmaster rip-off is still the 12.5% handling fee on each ticket, not each transaction. [Although interestingly in the re-sale if you bought 2x ticket, it seems to be only 1 handling fee for that transaction - which shows it can be altered.]

As for where the (seated) tickets appear to be available - as is usual, in the corners (Mem blocks 1 & 6, Fam Stand blocks 1, 2 & 5, Grandstand 1 & 9, Prem 2a & 2b), and in most of the inner blocks (Mem 2, FStd 2) in the first 2 or 3 rows. These are all the places that get filled last, or are left empty on standard URC nights -and/or get filled/sold to the away support. I'd suggest that there won't be too many Toulouse fans in on Saturday.....
Tightheadsdoitbest
Novice

Post by Tightheadsdoitbest »

1 Ticket for the Prom available at face value - DM me for details if interested :fleg:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Saturday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Toulouse at Kingspan Stadium.

Ben Moxham sustained a concussion early in the Round of 16 first leg Heineken Champions Cup game against Toulouse at Stadium de Toulouse, and will now follow the Return to Play protocols.

Tom Stewart suffered a hamstring injury in training last week, and is unavailable for selection. He joins Will Addison (lower leg), Jacob Stockdale (ankle), Jack McGrath (hip), and Greg Jones (thumb) on the current injured list.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

No mention of big stu. He looked a bit uncomfortable coming off but had a couple of big collisions so hopefully he will be ok.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:No mention of big stu. He looked a bit uncomfortable coming off but had a couple of big collisions so hopefully he will be ok.
I was concerned about stu. He had a concerned look coming off, which was concerning.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I didn't see any mention of Jack's hip causing him problems again until this. Was there a previous announcement about it? Is it the same hip or the other one I wonder. He really hasn't looked comfortable since his return from injury. You'd love to hope for the best with him but it's starting to look unlikely he will reach his peak again.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Rumour or fact? this just been reported
"Toulouse may have to try and overturn the five-point deficit against Ulster at Kingspan Stadium without the services of scrum-half Antoine Dupont.

The talismanic French number nine was missing from Toulouse’s training on Tuesday, with the club keeping very quiet on any possible reason for the absence. Coach Ugo Mola refused to answer any questions on the matter." >clapping
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Was looking forward to seeing his ugly bake.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dodgy tummy for Antoine. Not from eating too much humble pie clearly.

The french hooker Marchand won't be fit for a return on Saturday.