Ulster v Munster Friday April 22 7:35pm KO BBC2NI / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Munster Friday April 22 7:35pm KO BBC2NI / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Neill_M »

Munster Injury Update ahead of Friday Night away to Ulster.

Aside from various bumps and bruises that will be monitored as the week progresses, there are no significant injury worries to report following the weekend’s Champions Cup clash against Exeter Chiefs at Thomond Park.

Jack O’Sullivan is unavailable for the coming weeks having sustained a knee injury against Exeter Chiefs at Sandy Park.

Continuing to rehab: Gavin Coombes (ankle), Dave Kilcoyne (neck), Tadhg Beirne (thigh), Andrew Conway (knee), James French (knee), RG Snyman (knee).
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday April 22 7:35pm KO BBC2NI / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by StandUp »

Four excellent players missing from the pack. Granted they won’t miss Snyman as he’s hardly played for them.
If UR get their heads in the right zone, and if Timoney or Marcus can contain O’Mahoney, then this is definitely within reach. Massive line speed to put them under pressure and the crowd will react accordingly. I hope.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday April 22 7:35pm KO BBC2NI / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Big-al »

StandUp wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:51 pm Four excellent players missing from the pack. Granted they won’t miss Snyman as he’s hardly played for them.
If UR get their heads in the right zone, and if Timoney or Marcus can contain O’Mahoney, then this is definitely within reach. Massive line speed to put them under pressure and the crowd will react accordingly. I hope.
Within reach?

I’d like to think ulster would go into the match as favourites.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s United Rugby Championship fixture against Munster at Kingspan Stadium.

Billy Burns and Kieran Treadwell sustained concussions during the Heineken Champions Cup defeat against Toulouse on Saturday. Both players will now follow the Graduated Return to Play protocols.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

South Africa's Jaco Peyper has been appointed to ref the Ulster vs. Munster game on Friday night.

Via @murray_kinsella on twitter.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Big-al wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:44 pm
StandUp wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:51 pm Four excellent players missing from the pack. Granted they won’t miss Snyman as he’s hardly played for them.
Within reach?

I would never count a Munster side out at this time of the year. They have a mental desire and determination that we can only dream of. Although it seems we are improving in that area.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:45 pm South Africa's Jaco Peyper has been appointed to ref the Ulster vs. Munster game on Friday night.

🙄
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Within reach?

I would never count a Munster side out at this time of the year. They have a mental desire and determination that we can only dream of. Although it seems we are improving in that area.
He's forgotten what happened in the reverse fixture.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:54 pm
StandUp wrote:
Within reach?

He's forgotten what happened in the reverse fixture.
Yep.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:South Africa's Jaco Peyper has been appointed to ref the Ulster vs. Munster game on Friday night.

Wil be a free for all at the breakdown. If he allows hands on the ground before going for the ball, munster will have a field day.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sometimes it will be allowed. Other times it won't.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If only Hendy could put in a performance like Beirne did the last time.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:53 pm The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s United Rugby Championship fixture against Munster at Kingspan Stadium.

Billy Burns and Kieran Treadwell sustained concussions during the Heineken Champions Cup defeat against Toulouse on Saturday. Both players will now follow the Graduated Return to Play protocols.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
Will be interesting to see who plays 10 if Burns is out. Madigan and Lowry have been given scraps whereas Billy has been given plenty of chances to find form.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

It’s time for Lowry. He would be missed at fullback but burns has been given plenty of time and for me has done ok. But ok just isn’t good enough any more.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I thought Burns was pretty good last time out but no consistency match to match.