Pedrie Wannenburg

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

grassroots supporter
Novice

Re: Pedrie Wannenburg

Post by grassroots supporter »

He always showed great commitment both on and off the pitch

RIP
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

According to local news station KHOU-11, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said a deputy had attempted to pull over a 16-year-old suspect, only for the car to speed away and lead to a chase.
The suspect eventually crashed into the back of Wannenburg's car near an intersection.
Gonzalez further stated that the 41-year-old - along with his son Francois - was flown to hospital but later succumbed to his injuries.
His wife Evette and daughter Isabelle escaped serious injury.
Thon country needs shutting down. What an utterly needless and tragic thing to happen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

A fine player and adopted Ulsterman gone too soon :(
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:42 am That's tragic news. Very fond memories of Pedrie. He'll always be remembered here as part of that 2012 side. He was good for Ulster and I think Ulster was good for him at that time. Always looked as if he he left everything on the pitch. RIP :red: :salut:
Couldn't put it better, myself, Merv. Pedrie and Ulster were very good for each other. I had a lot of time for the big lad.

I know we can'r generalise but Dave's not far off the truth, there's something really odd about American society.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:00 pm
I know we can'r generalise but Dave's not far off the truth, there's something really odd about American society.
They say the same about us.

Maybe the wrong time to debate this, but as a South African, P3 would have been at least twice as likely to die on the roads at home than in the US. (Considerably more by some statistical measurements).

2 road fatalities every minute and I'm sure nearly everyone here will know of some tragedy personally. In Ulster, we shouldn't be looking at other shores and tutting complacently.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:06 pm

Maybe the wrong time to debate this, but as a South African, P3 would have been at least twice as likely to die on the roads at home than in the US. (Considerably more by some statistical measurements).

2 road fatalities every minute and I'm sure nearly everyone here will know of some tragedy personally. In Ulster, we shouldn't be looking at other shores and tutting complacently.
Much more likely to be murdered in SA too.

The legal gun culture in the US is seriously f*cked up though. Deaths caused by firearms among the young has now overtaken deaths in car accidents for the first time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Just so saddened by this news. Pedrie was a most likeable character, and an incredibly quick-witted and funny guy. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

It's not strictly speaking solely a road safety issue. It's the issue of bystander deaths resulting from police chases. Particularly in Texas. The figures keep rising and nothing seems to change.

https://www.thefinelawfirm.com/people-k ... ce-chases/
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Loved watching him play such sad news.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:42 am That's tragic news. Very fond memories of Pedrie. He'll always be remembered here as part of that 2012 side. He was good for Ulster and I think Ulster was good for him at that time. Always looked as if he he left everything on the pitch. RIP :red: :salut:
sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Rice University RFC has a gofundme and 7s tournament to support the family - doing brilliantly so far, but if anyone wants to bump the pot further here's the link - https://www.gofundme.com/f/pedrie-wanne ... fundraiser :red: