Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:49 pm Anyone know what happened Henderson? Off in the first 5 minutes

Went off during the TMO decision for the Timoney yellow card.
Another head knock I read somewhere.

Which bit of himself did Stu hurt?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:00 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:49 pm Anyone know what happened Henderson? Off in the first 5 minutes

:thumleft: hopefully three week rest clears that up
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

justinr73 wrote:

Stu had ice on a hamstring / groin. Hopefully just a strain and a couple of weeks will sort it. He needs a rest that's for sure. Thought Moore did well for the remainder of the game. We have 4 good centres now and I hope to see the load shared better next season.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just watched the game and read the comments. Really disappointed not to see a 'winning ugly' comment so far. Disappointing to see we've run out of cliches so soon.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:41 pm
justinr73 wrote:

Stu had ice on a hamstring / groin. Hopefully just a strain and a couple of weeks will sort it. He needs a rest that's for sure. Thought Moore did well for the remainder of the game. We have 4 good centres now and I hope to see the load shared better next season.
Load needs shared out in a number of positions! to often we're required to look down the depth chart to 3/4th choice and they aren't fit!

What has happened to our new hooker we signed? Moore?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just watched the game. I think Edinburgh need a new skills coach or something. They left a few tries out there. In reality they could/should have won that handy. Great fight from the Ulster side, following the loss of Hendy and Stu early on. Doak was magnificent (there I said it). Timoney and Rea, both outstanding. Billy's tackling is getting worse which is a pity. The rest of his game has been good. Take the rest now and get everyone fit for the playoffs, hopefully a home quarter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Agree Dave, with Hendy and Stu both off and losing a further two forwards for total of 20 mins with yellow cards thought lads stuck at it, that last 10 mins was a bit "behind the sofa" stuff BB couldn't tackle a Medallion school player holds back and slips off without commitment. pity he cant tackle like Rob B or Mikey he would then be pretty decent. I remember a lad that could do all that played for us for a while had real class, think I heard he was shafted by his then CEO and a crowd from D4, "still not movin on" :stir:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm That's next season's Heineken Cup berth secured at any rate.
I fear you are getting ahead of yourself there Merv.

Not secure yet according to my fag pack calcs.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BR wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:34 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm That's next season's Heineken Cup berth secured at any rate.
I fear you are getting ahead of yourself there Merv.

Not secure yet according to my fag pack calcs.
Am sure I read somewhere that ulster needed to finish 7th to guarantee a heiny place.
If that's right then with Glasgow playing Edinburgh in the last match 7th is as low as ulster can finish
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I wouldn't believe everything you read,

Haven't been keeping as close an eye on it as previous years, but i think we need 6th to guarantee HEC place.

Hefty defeat to Sharks and Glasgow give Edinburgh a hiding, we could just about be 7th
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

If the loser of the Scottish Derby goes on to win the challenge Cup then they will qualify for Europe at the expense of the 7th placed team is what i believe. Will need to beat saracens to do so but still a possibility.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

7th would do it.

Leinster, Sharks or Stormers, Welsh team, Weegies or Embra will top their pools.

Leaving four other births. If Ulster are 7th then there would be Munster, 2 bok teams ahead. Then only really Embra with a possibility of finishing ahead.

For sake of argument if it ends like below:

Leinster (Irish pool winner)
Munster (1st other)
Stormers (SA pool winner)
Sharks (2nd other)
Bulls (3rd other)
Embra (Italian/Scotch pool winner)
Ulster (4th other)
Weegie (Parker pen)

Disclaimer: I might be wrong.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Could you hypothetically finish 8th then win the grand final through the playoffs and not qualify for the Heiny?
Or would that result in pushing everyone else down a slot on the seedings?

BOOM

Mic drop, exit stage right
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Where's Neill? This sort of stuff is usually his bread and butter.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:29 pm Could you hypothetically finish 8th then win the grand final through the playoffs and not qualify for the Heiny?
Or would that result in pushing everyone else down a slot on the seedings?

BOOM

Mic drop, exit stage right
I thought winning the final guaranteed a Heineken spot but might be wrong.