Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by UlsterNo9 »

:scratch: :lol:

https://www.unitedrugby.com/latest/abou ... tion-rules
EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL CLUB RUGBY (EPCR) QUALIFICATION AND SEEDING QUALIFICATION

(1.) Eight Clubs participating in the Championship will qualify to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup, with the remaining eight Clubs qualifying to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Challenge Cup (in each case subject to – among other things – nomination by the relevant union, acceptance by EPCR and compliance with the relevant participation agreement).

(2.) Subject to paragraph 3, below, the eight Clubs that qualify to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup will be made up of the following:

(2.1) the four Clubs that are top of the respective Geographic Pools at the conclusion of the League Stage (assuming that those Geographical Pools reflect simply the relevant points and positions of the Clubs in those pools after – and having taken into account – all League Stage Matches, and applying the provisions in clause 2.7 of the Championship Rules to determine the positions of the Clubs in those pools); and

(2.2) the four highest placed Clubs in the final Standing League Table (ie after the League Stage has concluded) after having removed from the Standing League Table all Clubs that have qualified as a result of finishing top of the Geographical Pools as set out in paragraph 2.1, above.

(3.) In the event that: (a) a Club wins the Championship; and/or (b) a Club wins the 2021/22 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup (and therefore qualifies for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup pursuant to EPCR's play-off regulations 2021/22); and/or (c) a Club wins the 2021/22 EPCR Challenge Cup (and therefore qualifies for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup pursuant to EPCR's play-off regulations 2021/22), but that Club/those Clubs has/have not qualified to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup via either paragraph 2.1 or 2.2, above, then the eight Clubs that qualify to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup will be made up of the following:

(3.1) if applicable, the Club that has won the Championship, but has not qualified to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup via either paragraph 2.1 or 2.2, above;

(3.2) if applicable, the Club that has won the 2021/22 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup, but has not qualified to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup via either paragraph 2.1 or 2.2, above;

(3.3) if applicable, the Club that has won the 2021/22 EPCR Challenge Cup, but has not qualified to participate in the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup via either paragraph 2.1 or 2.2, above;

(3.4) the four Clubs that are top of the respective Geographic Pools at the conclusion of the League Stage pursuant to paragraph 2.1, above; and

(3.5) the highest placed Clubs in the final Standing League Table (the number of which shall be determined by the number of Clubs that qualify through paragraphs 3.1.-3.4, for example if three separate Clubs qualify through paragraphs 3.1-3.3 there will only be one Club that will qualify through this paragraph 3.5) after having removed from the Standing League Table all Clubs that have qualified as a result of paragraphs 3.1-3.4.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:25 pm 7th would do it.

Leinster, Sharks or Stormers, Welsh team, Weegies or Embra will top their pools.

Leaving four other births. If Ulster are 7th then there would be Munster, 2 bok teams ahead. Then only really Embra with a possibility of finishing ahead.

For sake of argument if it ends like below:

Leinster (Irish pool winner)
Munster (1st other)
Stormers (SA pool winner)
Sharks (2nd other)
Bulls (3rd other)
Embra (Italian/Scotch pool winner)
Ulster (4th other)
Weegie (Parker pen)

Disclaimer: I might be wrong.
If Weegies win the Grand Final we would drop to 8th mate

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

To the URC organisers :-

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

Hope Avril doesn't read this forum
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:25 pm 7th would do it.

Leinster, Sharks or Stormers, Welsh team, Weegies or Embra will top their pools.

Leaving four other births. If Ulster are 7th then there would be Munster, 2 bok teams ahead. Then only really Embra with a possibility of finishing ahead.

For sake of argument if it ends like below:

Leinster (Irish pool winner)
Munster (1st other)
Stormers (SA pool winner)
Sharks (2nd other)
Bulls (3rd other)
Embra (Italian/Scotch pool winner)
Ulster (4th other)
Weegie (Parker pen)

If Weegies win the Grand Final we would drop to 8th mate

Good thing we're trolleying the Sharks mate.

Disclaimer: I might be right.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Remember the good old days when you just had to finish ahead of Connacht?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brexit for you.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:35 pm Remember the good old days when you just had to finish ahead of Connacht?
:lol:

Was there not a time before that it didn't matter whether Connacht finished above us or not :scratch: they still went into Parker Pen
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

My earlier remarks were not meant as negativity. They were a hope that a bit of steel would be introduced to the mental approach.........Fergie like!
Him as interview hinted that something similar to this has gone on
Good
Toughen up
Suck it up
No more soft touches
Not an inch
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:12 pm If the loser of the Scottish Derby goes on to win the challenge Cup then they will qualify for Europe at the expense of the 7th placed team is what i believe. Will need to beat saracens to do so but still a possibility.
How intriguing.

I fancy a gung ho Wasps to win at Embra but Glasgow may find Lyon to be in a generous mood given the situation in the Top 14.

Sarries have a tough game on paper at Glos but they (Glos) probably want out of the Parker Pen as much as Lyon do.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:30 pm Where's Neill? This sort of stuff is usually his bread and butter.
Neill was en route to Edinburgh last I heard.

I’d like to think he woke up this morning in a stranger’s bed in Leith with a smile on his face as wide as the Firth of Forth.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:05 am
jean valjean wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:12 pm If the loser of the Scottish Derby goes on to win the challenge Cup then they will qualify for Europe at the expense of the 7th placed team is what i believe. Will need to beat saracens to do so but still a possibility.
How intriguing.

I fancy a gung ho Wasps to win at Embra but Glasgow may find Lyon to be in a generous mood given the situation in the Top 14.

Sarries have a tough game on paper at Glos but they (Glos) probably want out of the Parker Pen as much as Lyon do.
Edinburgh cant catch ulster in the league though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
How intriguing.

Emrba are 5 points behind Ulster. A BP win for Edinburgh with Ulster losing without a BP would see them level on points. Ulster have a better points difference by some 26 points. Ulster lose by 13 or more, Embra win by 14 or more, then it's switcheroo time in the table.

It remains unlikely.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:13 am
BR wrote:
How intriguing.

Emrba are 5 points behind Ulster. A BP win for Edinburgh with Ulster losing without a BP would see them level on points. Ulster have a better points difference by some 26 points. Ulster lose by 13 or more, Embra win by 14 or more, then it's switcheroo time in the table.

It remains unlikely.
I think games won trumps points difference this year Dave. Embra can't match our 11 wins.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

This is a fiasco.

Who can we possibly blame for this?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:13 am
BR wrote:
How intriguing.

It remains unlikely.
I think games won trumps points difference this year Dave. Embra can't match our 11 wins.
Ah good spot Image