Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Have had my free bus pass for 3 years now, but never used it.
So you just keep paying the bus fair?
just haven't been on a bus in years
Well then you should definitely stop paying the bus fair.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:13 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Have had my free bus pass for 3 years now, but never used it.
So you just keep paying the bus fair?
just haven't been on a bus in years
Well then you should definitely stop paying the bus fair.
Worst fair I've ever been to.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

From here in Bangor, I take the train for anything in the city centre. Read the paper on the way. Or heading to the airport, free journey there and back and no parking costs. Couldn't whack it with a big stick.
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

You can finish the Ulster and a half bottle of Smirnoff between Botanic and Bangor
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 pm From here in Bangor, I take the train for anything in the city centre. Read the paper on the way. Or heading to the airport, free journey there and back and no parking costs. Couldn't whack it with a big stick.
Bit of a shame you can't take the train to the International (or Dublin airport for that matter) especially as the tracks go past both of them !
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:55 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 pm From here in Bangor, I take the train for anything in the city centre. Read the paper on the way. Or heading to the airport, free journey there and back and no parking costs. Couldn't whack it with a big stick.
Bit of a shame you can't take the train to the International (or Dublin airport for that matter) especially as the tracks go past both of them !
Indeed, Merv. If I'm right, the only airport in Ireland with a rail link is Belfast City and even it is a bit awkward.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:37 pm
Indeed, Merv. If I'm right, the only airport in Ireland with a rail link is Belfast City and even it is a bit awkward.
Kerry Airport (Farranfore) can be accessed via train also technically.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Worst fair I've ever been to.
All the more reason not to pay for it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:48 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:37 pm
Kerry Airport (Farranfore) can be accessed via train also technically.
Aha, two of the island's big players!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Always like the idea of getting the train to the airport (I favour BHX when going to England for this reason).

But reopening the station at Aldergrove doesn't really stack up that well. Ignoring the fact that you would currently need to get a bus transfer from the terminal to the station - you're talking about a 30 minute journey into GVS. A bus could just about equal that, with lower costs and increased flexibility.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I shall be bringing 2 Durbanites with me to the game, who are flying in for the occasion. I am looking forward to this one immensely!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

nonplussed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:14 pm I shall be bringing 2 Durbanites with me to the game, who are flying in for the occasion. I am looking forward to this one immensely!
Yes but which airport willl they be flying into and does it have a train link?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s United Rugby Championship fixture against Cell C Sharks at Kingspan Stadium.

The following players are currently unavailable for selection due to injury:

Jack McGrath (hip)

Will Addison (lower leg)

Jacob Stockdale (ankle)

Cormac Izuchukwu (shoulder)

Greg Jones (thumb)

Marty Moore (concussion)

Tom Stewart (hamstring)

Stuart McCloskey sustained a groin injury in the recent URC win against Edinburgh. His availability for selection for the Cell C Sharks game will be monitored through training this week.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Bart S wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:29 pm
nonplussed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:14 pm I shall be bringing 2 Durbanites with me to the game, who are flying in for the occasion. I am looking forward to this one immensely!
Yes but which airport willl they be flying into and does it have a train link?
International... Nonplussed Executive Cars will be in attendance due to lack of train service......
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Marty Moore will be a big loss - our performances without him have generally been our worst ones this season. Big Stu would also be a big loss given the bulk the Sharks are bringing - it would have been good to have him in defence. Having said that, if he didn't get fit enough for the game, we have some decent options we could put in at 12 instead. Luke being the obvious choice, maybe with Stew on the bench? We should have pretty much our (2021/22) first XV available other than that though so there is every reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Am I right that if we win this one by any amount, we get a home QF and European Qualification? Whereas if we lose we probably would end up with a QF in SA and would have to wait until the Scottish Teams fall out of URC title contention to see if we qualify for Europe?