Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Post by Neill_M »

European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) is delighted to announce that Dublin’s Aviva Stadium will host the 2023 Heineken Champions Cup and EPCR Challenge Cup Finals.

The 2023 Finals were originally scheduled to be staged at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium; however, with the Premier League concluding later than usual due to the 2022 FIFA World Cup taking place in November and December, coupled with the impact of Rugby World Cup 2023 on the EPCR calendar, it was decided to select the Aviva Stadium as next season’s host venue.

McKay added: “We are very happy to continue working with Tottenham Hotspur to stage our Finals there soon. It is a sensational stadium with a burgeoning history of hosting rugby matches.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Post by big mervyn »

When are tkts likely to go on sale?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

big mervyn wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:08 am When are tkts likely to go on sale?
tomorrow
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:08 am When are tkts likely to go on sale?
Can sign up at the below link to access the Golden Tickets from tomorrow.

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-profe ... ewsletter/
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well three of us are heading down for both finals this weekend. I believe our seats are on the lower tier behind the posts at the end furthest away from the open end. Think we are supporting the French teams but will be sitting beside our host for the weekend who unsurprisingly is a Leinster supporter.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

For the record, and Lest We Forget, Glasgow v Toulon is officially DAY 5963 and Leinster v La Rochelle is officially DAY 5964.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

2024 heineken final early bird tickets for London on sale today. At Tottenham Hotspur ground.
What does anybody think?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:10 pm 2024 heineken final early bird tickets for London on sale today. At Tottenham Hotspur ground.
What does anybody think?
Very expensive (London prices) compared to the Dublin ones, golden tickets started from £95 excluding fees and those seats are behind the posts etc. Good seats in the long stands are something like £130 excluding fees.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

presumably usual Ticketmaster ploy of the "best available" seats behind the posts and in the corners being released first ( as happened recently re the Leinster game).

Better seats ( at same price) were available after the UR ST alleged "priority booking session" , as was the seating plan about 1 hour later. . Chat on the Leinster fans forum suggest this is common practice and the TM business model is to sell the worst seats to the most keen supporters in the first hour ............before releasing the better ones.

Sharp practice, if not fraud. The TM defence is " best available at that time.....but that is not what the web site makes clear at the point of purchase.

When I , as an ST, was trying to buy an additional 6 tickets for the Connacht game , ( I know, I know!!) and facing what seemed to be a restricted choice for a game which was far from being a sell out, the UR ticket office advised me to wait for an hour. So the practice seems to be well known.

I am still pursuing TM re this chicanery!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Further update from TM to my enquiries .
They claim that phased release of “best available “ is done in agreement with the event organisers. If true, then , for example xample UR are complicit in the con as far as tickets at Kingspan are concerned ( and Leinster in Aviva games)

Are ST holders being advantage of in the alleged priority booking session?

The best tickets are being held back?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Could it be that the best tickets are being saved for the fans of the two sides who will be playing and not having to pay inflated touts prices to get them?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Th I would have hoped that but experience of the sold out Aviva for IT v Leinster suggests otherwise
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

that was UR not IT!!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Fantastic match, on a level ulster can only dream of. Congratulations to LR, it was a superb comeback. Leinster trophy less once again, bigger chokers than ulster???
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Another glorious QF exit beckons.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999