Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Thelaw
Steward

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by Thelaw »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:00 am I’m reliably informed that there’s a lady on Bakebook asking why the French national anthem was being sung last night.
There was definitely a Muppet on Munsterfans asking the same and called us the worst home crowd in the league
Dura lex sed lex
Thelaw
Steward

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by Thelaw »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:25 pm Congrats to Ulster.
But as a neutral I have to say that was one of the most inept performances Munster have ever played. They gave the impression they could not give a toss about the URC and were worried about having to fly to SA next week.

How Conor Murray holds down a central contract defies me. Utterly arthritic in the first half. A junior club team would have had less knock ons. Ulster did all rhat was asked but impossible to judge

Enjoy the semi.
Baggy is that you??? Own up
Dura lex sed lex
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

But as a neutral I have to say that was one of the most inept performances Munster have ever played. They gave the impression they could not give a toss about the URC and were worried about having to fly to SA next week.

How Conor Murray holds down a central contract defies me. Utterly arthritic in the first half. A junior club team would have had less knock ons. Ulster did all rhat was asked but impossible to judge

Enjoy the semi.
Baggy is that you??? Own up
Dura lex sed lex
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Thelaw wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:00 am I’m reliably informed that there’s a lady on Bakebook asking why the French national anthem was being sung last night.
There was definitely a Muppet on Munsterfans asking the same and called us the worst home crowd in the league
Eejit. I think somebody put him right a few posts later.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

If Ravenspan wsn't full on Friday, RDS was even less full today. To be fair, they missed nothing.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's June, ffs. Rugby season is over. People have lives. Cost of living crisis. Plus a jew ba leeeee.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:15 pm It's June, ffs. Rugby season is over. People have lives. Cost of living crisis. Plus a jew ba leeeee.
What have our non-shellfish-eating friends got to do with it?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:15 pm It's June, ffs. Rugby season is over. People have lives. Cost of living crisis. Plus a jew ba leeeee.
What have our non-shellfish-eating friends got to do with it?
That would be an ecumenical matter
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't believe Robert BALOUCOUNE is such a good player. The kid is unreal. It's just a pity that his name so often misspelled on the UAFC. Everyone is drunk about this. The dogs in the street say he's off to Leinster because of it. Fermain is putting Baggy on a task force to deal with any culprits.

I purpose a useful new nickname. 1A. There's only 1A in Baloucoune, 1A in Baloucoune,... etc..
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Was there an offical attendance announced for Friday nights game? Would be interested to know.

Best atmosphere in a long time at Ravenhill, fewer numbers did not detract.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Fermain is putting Baggy on a task force to deal with any culprits.

Now I know you’re spoofing :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:36 am Can't believe Robert BALOUCOUNE is such a good player. The kid is unreal. It's just a pity that his name so often misspelled on the UAFC. Everyone is drunk about this. The dogs in the street say he's off to Leinster because of it. Fermain is putting Baggy on a task force to deal with any culprits.

I purpose a useful new nickname. 1A. There's only 1A in Baloucoune, 1A in Baloucoune,... etc..
I propose a useful new nickname for you There's only 1a in spelling mistake . . . etc

or a useful new nickname for me, There's only 1A in Gotcha . . . etc

I'm just trying to decide how much to credit you with. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Perfect assessment D4

I said on the night that we'll never have such generous opponents again. Now it may be that it was Ulster pressure that caused Munster to crumble lie that, but that's not the Munster way, and I do think it's a one in a generation match. I do think it was in a large part that as the game unfolded and the knock-ons mounted, it got into their heads until they expected to knock-on.

At one point Junior Grumps said to me that if Munster had a three-on-one just metres form the line and the Ulster "one" deliberately knocked it forward to prevent the score, the ref might give a yellow card, but would not have given a penalty try, by reason of thinking that Munster would probably have knocked it on anyway even with the line at their mercy.

TBH, I was nearly bored with the "he knocked it on, he knocked it on" by the end - I said nearly - we don't often get to have such fun at Munster's expense, so I still took the fun when we had it. I just hope we don't expect Stormers to knock on as much next week to accommodate us.

We're gonna have to work much harder next weekend and win it for ourselves, not expect the opposition to gift it to us.

It all does seem a little ironic now that an erroneous "knock-on" call by a South African TMO with a 6 point swing between Ulster and Stormers is what is making us travel to South Africa this week instead of enjoying a home semi-final. I hope it acts as motivation to complete the job second time around that we were robbed of at the first time of asking.

Meanwhile, I trust that when Ireland play France anytime in the next 5 years, none of the Munster players who were at Ravenspan on Friday night are anywhere near the match-day 23. At the first notes of the French national Anfem, a Pavlovian response would turn to their hands to butter and France would take full advantage.
I'm not arguing -
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:20 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:36 am Can't believe Robert BALOUCOUNE is such a good player. The kid is unreal. It's just a pity that his name so often misspelled on the UAFC. Everyone is drunk about this. The dogs in the street say he's off to Leinster because of it. Fermain is putting Baggy on a task force to deal with any culprits.

I propose a useful new nickname for you There's only 1a in spelling mistake . . . etc

or a useful new nickname for me, There's only 1A in Gotcha . . . etc

I'm just trying to decide how much to credit you with. :lol:
Or educate the crowd

Give me a B
B
Give me an A
A
Give me a L.....

>drinks
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:13 pm
Dublin4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:41 pm Lots of credit to Ulster and they were as clinical as they needed to be.
My point is that your opposition were shockingly bad. Almost sub professional for what was supposed to be a major season defining game
Fair points. They were poor ar the Aviva and at Ravenhill.

It's a shame that Ulster's worst performance of the season was against them in the league on the back of the Toulouse defeat. Cost us a home semi.
Poor performances happen - it's the nature of sport.

Even referees make mistakes, but when TV replays are available to correct those mistakes, or more importantly not overturn correct decisions, that should not be happening. It was a Saffa TMO in South Africa more than any other incident that cost us a home semifinal. We should have had 3 more points, and Stormers 3 fewer points on the overall table. That one's gonna stick in the craw for a long time yet. The pictures were there, the evidence was there, but thon guy who has the nerve to collect his professional fees for being TMO, basically made up his own narrative to gift the match to Stormers.

Am I bitter though? :scratch:

You better believe it! :evil:

BTW, have I ever mentioned that Ulster have been the best team in Europe - possibly the world - and deserved to win the league and Heineken cup in every one of the last 20 years, but it's always been someone else's fault every year that we haven't managed that? >EW :duck: :lol:
I'm not arguing -