Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by Dave »

Scrum was good until Warwick went off. Didn't catch why he went off??
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:41 am Scrum was good until Warwick went off. Didn't catch why he went off??
Someone called in sick at McBurneys.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Big-al wrote:
solidarity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm Good to see a decent number of Munster supporters in the crowd but disappointing to see so many empty seats. Anyone know why ticket sales were poor for such an important game?
I'm assuming the Jubilee weekend had an effect, people going to local events, or taking advantage of the long weekend. The roads are very quite this afternoon/tonight.
The people who wanted to be there were there. The atmosphere was no less lacking even with a smaller crowd.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Atmosphere last night and vocal support from the crowd was huge. You could visibly see the attendance down but not the noise.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:41 am Scrum was good until Warwick went off. Didn't catch why he went off??
He left the warm-up a few minutes early which had us worried, but he didn't seem in any distress - actually jogged off the pitch and down the tunnel, so we assumed possibly need to fix some of his strappings or something like that, but maybe tweaked something in warm-up?

He had been lifting in the lineout in warm-up, so maybe an upper body injury which would account for him running off (maybe ) to see Mike Webb?

We were relieved when his name was announced with the team and he took the pitch. Good to get 20 minutes out of him anyway, so long as he hasn't compromised himself for next week. Hopefully removed before he could do any serious damage to whatever was hurting.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:37 am Atmosphere last night and vocal support from the crowd was huge. You could visibly see the attendance down but not the noise.
I think the people that make the noise are the same people that made the noise when we had 5k there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:18 pm Why did McIlroy pass!!?
Didn't have the legs. Didn't leave anything out on the pitch.
I was worried he was injured. If he doesn't have legs then I suppose he can't injure them so that's a plus.
Can a legless man be "off his feet". Discuss
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 pm What chance Glesgie do a number on the Mexicans?
Presumably the downside of that scenario is potentially having to travel to Glasgow?
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:16 am
Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:18 pm Why did McIlroy pass!!?
Didn't have the legs. Didn't leave anything out on the pitch.
I was worried he was injured. If he doesn't have legs then I suppose he can't injure them so that's a plus.
Can a legless man be "off his feet". Discuss
I've no answer for that but I do remember playing against a guy with five legs. People often ask me how his shorts fitted...... in all honesty, like a glove.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’m reliably informed that there’s a lady on Bakebook asking why the French national anthem was being sung last night.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:19 am
StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 pm What chance Glesgie do a number on the Mexicans?
Presumably the downside of that scenario is potentially having to travel to Glasgow?
Hmm, yeah wouldn’t wish that on anyone. :lol:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Watching the build up to the match. Andy Trimble is the funniest pundit of the lot. Standing in the car park among the fans he says “It’s great to see so many Munster fans have travelled up here to celebrate the jubilee”. :lol: :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Must say I wasn't expecting that > Munster were the Architects of their defeat too many penalties -too many players playing for themselves - too many loose and dropped passes - and a game plan that came back to bite them .

Munster like to play a forward game of in your face rugby --hence the early hand bags picking on Henderson --except it was the wrong time -- Munster expected that the penalty would be taken after they all got behind the line and would be either a shot at the posts or a five yard line out kick..

From that point on they were playing catch up rugby when mentally banjaxed -- when they scored it looked as if the had recovered --only to be left open mouthed by the next Ulster Try .. scored by Moore - a player I expected Munster had seriously underrated .

The margin of Munster's defeat was the the most unexpected bit of the evening and the manner in which the Ulster backs were able to run though the Munster backline .

A very enjoyable result a visit to Munster Fans might be entertaining a record of" RED EYES" from weeping and not from tunnel vision -- because most of the comments normally read like a one eyed English Pundit .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Agreed rum’n - I think that notwithstanding however well or poorly Ulster played last night (and they did play well) Munster would still have conspired to lose! It was a game that Munster lost!
Hope is not a strategy.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:12 am Watching the build up to the match. Andy Trimble is the funniest pundit of the lot. Standing in the car park among the fans he says “It’s great to see so many Munster fans have travelled up here to celebrate the jubilee”. :lol: :lol:
Trimbie was always the funniest, and most candid and honest, at the meet the players events
Last edited by big mervyn on Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Neville Southall