Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:18 pm Why did McIlroy pass!!?
Didn't have the legs. Didn't leave anything out on the pitch.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by solidarity »

Good to see a decent number of Munster supporters in the crowd but disappointing to see so many empty seats. Anyone know why ticket sales were poor for such an important game?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I was worried he was injured. If he doesn't have legs then I suppose he can't injure them so that's a plus.

Last edited by Dave on Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:55 pm I reckon money changed hands before the match! Munster couldn't catch a cold all night, were running like headless chickens in all directions in the second half and gave away far too many penalties. We were good but not great. Improvement needed at the breakdown. A few turnovers lost and a couple that Munster should have had but for their own folly. Having said that, Hendy's steal in the last minute was class.

I might have gone for Cooney for MOTM but won't argue with Hume getting it.
Yes, it was most enjoyable, but we'll never face a team who knock on so many times in the future. Their handling errors must have been into the 20s. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Hehe the comedy value on MF must be priceless right now. I’m not gonna look coz I don’t want the bile taking the shine off this win.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I was worried he was injured. If doesn't have legs then I suppose he can't injure them so that's a plus.
If that had been in the first 50 minutes of the match, he would have burned him off, but he'd give his all by then and hadn't anything left to give. Good game again for the young man.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:32 pm Hendy was very very good. Should be next captain of Ireland IMO
Hendo has been immense in the last few games. he's needed to string a few together (for Ulster) to get his mojo back, and he is showing what he's worth now. Superb perfomance.
I'm not arguing -
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Back from Ravenhill. Much better performance than the last outing against Munster, and Cooney had a spring in his step he hasn't had for a while. Great pace to cut off a Munster break and kick the ball into touch. He hasn't been at his best this season with the injuries, so it was nice to see him perform like that. Two TMO decisions on grounding went our way, making up for the one that went against us against the Stormers. Built up a good lead before having to turn to the bench. Man of the match: Munster's ball handling. So many knock-ons. (I've been wondering all season what words people have been singing to La Marseillaise, it's only tonight I've made out "you knocked it on".)

I'll be rooting for Edinburgh tomorrow, but we can beat the Stormers - would have done last time but for a dodgy TMO decision.

Also, the touch judge Ben Blain is tiny. He's no bigger than Hollie Davidson on the other touchline - I initially thought maybe Hollie was taller than she looks, but at one point I saw Ben next to Rob Baloucoune, and no, he really is that small.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm Good to see a decent number of Munster supporters in the crowd but disappointing to see so many empty seats. Anyone know why ticket sales were poor for such an important game?
I'm assuming the Jubilee weekend had an effect, people going to local events, or taking advantage of the long weekend. The roads are very quite this afternoon/tonight.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 pm Good to see a decent number of Munster supporters in the crowd but disappointing to see so many empty seats. Anyone know why ticket sales were poor for such an important game?
From where I was, there were far more up for the group match a few weeks back. Didn't see many tonight, but heard a few singing out of tune. Suspect they were 3 sheets to the wind.

One Munster fan got a selfie with Cooney after the match, but then dropped his phone. ...

... he knocked it on, he knocked it on.
I'm not arguing -
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
fermain wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:51 pm Plays getting a bit scrappy. so many errors on both sides, needs settling down
Both sides?

Fields of Athenry has officially been replaced by "He knocked it on, he knocked it on" as Munster's newest anthem.

They'll be hearing it all the way back on the coach, and it will haunt their dreams for weeks to come.

Even when they came out to acknowledge the crowd at the end, they were greeted with a rendition of "YOU knocked it on, YOU knocked it on".

At one stage the crowd were counting the passes that were held - 1, 2, 3 ..... He knocked it one .... Image

They got to 10 once.
On Munsterfans they thought it was a wind up to Leinster losing to La Rochelle! A real horrible bunch we are apparently.
Just had a look at the Munsterfans site. Boy are they in a tizzy. Reminded me a bit of the Baggy days here.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Anyone who has watched much rugby this season will know that Munster are pants.

They couldn’t attack a fish supper.

That first try was hilarious.

John was back on it against Sharks and boy did he crown his 100th cap tonight. What a well deserved reception as he left the playing arena.

Glad that Sean got a good send off too.

We creaked for all of five minutes until Bobby made the hit and turnover, then set up the brilliant try for Moore by coming off his wing. Pack your bags for NZ son.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 pm Not much time to recover and prepare if we’re heading south. Not too many beers tonight boys!
Speak for yourself. I’ll be grand!
Last edited by justinr73 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Need to see more of Rob coming off his wing. It’ll cause defences to shoite themselves.
Herring had another cracking game and the strangler covered every blade of grass looking for victims.
Hendo had some real nastiness in him tonight. Keep that up big lad.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Credit to Dan Soper for some if his work in attack tonight. The Ulster backs were sharp. Some talent there.and a good win.

Breakdown was poor tonight. Get turned over far too often. Scrum will also be targeted next week. Munster were so poor.