Jonny Depp and "Metoo"

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Jonny Depp and "Metoo"

Post by rumncoke »

What are the views of the unclean with regard to the above .

Personally I believe that it is possible 90% of the woman have at some time had an uninvited and unwelcome sexual encounter -- from verbal suggestions and flashers to groping and rape . Not all are are serious but unwelcome and therefore remembered .

The experience provides them with an emotional recollection which can be the basis of any untruthful allegation which could be directed at any male who they take a serious dislike to and make any accusation plausible .

It is usually only in a court that truth of the accusation can be established .

Thus " METOO "has a a basis of truth but the blind acceptance that every allegation is the truth just be because the accuser is a female is the flaw if the Jonny Depp v Amber Heard trial has burst this balloon well and good .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jonny Depp and "Metoo"

Post by BR »

I won't comment on a trial at which i have not heard and understood all the presented evidence (what a novel idea?)

But I think your 90% ballpark figure is way too low.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

That idea will never catch on BR. Far too sensible.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

BR -- the evidence and performances of both parties are on you tube

Well worth watching his performance was slightly better than hers and his legal team much much more sharp than hers--

1-Her legal team could hardly format a question at one stage without the it raising an objection.
2 Amber tried to answer questions which had not been asked trying to avoiding answers to questions which had been asked .
3 She rarely directed the answer to either the judge or lawyer but to the jury in an arrogant manner failing to recognise that in a civil case it is essential that the jury initially like you and therefore trust the answers given .

Her major problem was she was unbelievable and her " acting " was over the top and therefore unconvincing .

But my question is not directed essentially at the nature of the verdict ( was it right or wrong ) but the effect of the case on the "Metoo "
and the repetition of an accusation which has not been proven .

Jonny Depp claimed the case was never about the money but the restoration of his reputation .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist