Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

False dawn numero........

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
murph1973
Novice

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by murph1973 »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:20 pm The only problem with this game is that we are going to be so dominant we will go into the final against Leinster with false hope.
Not too sure we are going to be so dominant. I think the game will be pretty tight.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:20 pm The bookies have this one wrong. We beat them last time around and we will definitely beat them again. We aren't just going to beat them, we are going to totally gub them a la Munster last week. We will have 4 tries plus before half time. Not only have we got some of our key players back for this rematch, but we have a raft of players in the form of their lives. Look at the recent form of:

Warwick (best season he has ever had)
Herring (returning to best form after slight dip)
TOT (early promise stalled but recently starting to deliver - upwards trajectory)
Hendy (has been playing as well as at any time in the last 5 years)
Timoney (minor mid season dip, back now better than ever)
Cooney (as for Timoney)
Burns (much maligned on this forum but unfairly so - has proved his worth in recent games and may just be at the start of something special)
Stu (has never had a dip in form, but is playing incredible rugby in the last few games)
Hume (best Irish Centre since BOD?)

They are all playing something close to the best rugby they have ever played. And the players that are omitted from that list are only omitted because they are either ever evergreen (DV, AOC) or are young and consistently doing well (BB, McIlroy, Moore, Marcus [not sure where Marcus fits on this but he is doing well]).

The only problem with this game is that we are going to be so dominant we will go into the final against Leinster with false hope.
allezlesverres wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:20 pm The bookies have this one wrong. We beat them last time around and we will definitely beat them again. We aren't just going to beat them, we are going to totally gub them a la Munster last week. We will have 4 tries plus before half time. Not only have we got some of our key players back for this rematch, but we have a raft of players in the form of their lives. Look at the recent form of:

TOT (early promise stalled but recently starting to deliver - upwards trajectory)
Cooney (as for Timoney)
Burns (much maligned on this forum but unfairly so - has proved his worth in recent games and may just be at the start of something special)
Stu (has never had a dip in form, but is playing incredible rugby in the last few games)

They are all playing something close to the best rugby they have ever played. And the players that are omitted from that list are only omitted because they are either ever evergreen (DV, AOC) or are young and consistently doing well (BB, McIlroy, Moore, Marcus [not sure where Marcus fits on this but he is doing well]).

The only problem with this game is that we are going to be so dominant we will go into the final against Leinster with false hope.
You must have started early today and had a few too many verres already
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bart S wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:36 pm

Cooney (as for Timoney)

Cooney (as for Timoney)

You must have started early today and had a few too many verres already
Irony
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

So good it merited quoting twice BR! It's as well you quoted it though, it will make it easier for me to say I told you so tomorrow. For reference purposes my last bold prediction was that we were going to chin Munster so my record on these is pretty good recently.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

StandUp wrote:I have no doubt the boys CAN pull off a really good result but that fear of the last 20 min mental fragility still looms. If they have managed to work that out, then Ulster are favourites in my mind.
IMO herring is imposing himself more and more in each match and should undoubtedly be in green (FIRFU) this summer.
Choice for player of the season is going to be a ballache which is a wonderful situation to be in. (The choice, not the ballache).
If its any consolation the stormers are more wet behind the ears than we are. I can see us frustrating them and master roos losing the run of himself. I only hope the refs are strong enough to withstand the pressure from the crowd when things don't go their way.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Will be interesting to see what size of crowd turns up, will it be of much interest to the locals as super rugby was in the past
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Elrigh Louw is some pup. Wonder if he fancies coming to a championship winning team when DV calls it a day. :D
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Will be interesting to see what size of crowd turns up, will it be of much interest to the locals as super rugby was in the past
Nothing like a global pandemic and the prospect of winning a few games to bring back the fans. It's been refreshing to see how well the SA sides and fans have taken to the league....if only our Welsh cousins could do likewise.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Things just got interesting, home final at stake next week. Hopefully not a repeat of 2014/15.

Can blame allezlesverres if we lose😉😂
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:fleg: , Allen
I am with you in to the optimism
Let's go
:fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Apologies Allez........not Allen!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Back on topic. The match tomorrow. It would be classic Ulster to be dreaming of a home final to fcuk up the semi final. Stormers have home advantage. They are favourites. Ulster haven't had a sending off in while. Plus the squad is paper thin. We are a fart tearing hamstring away from Matty Rea starting.

Let that sink in. Sober up and tighten up.

STFU and SUFTUM.

UTID.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watched Leinster v the Bulls

Leinster got caught on the Bulls horns chasing a 7 + points deficit for most of the match playing a predictable game of ball into the corner .and losing the line out -- Now how much of the Bulls line out was legal I'll leave to others to decide but without Toner the Leinster jumpers seemed predictable and the Bulls coming on a run in front of the jumper.

The Leinster Back row got muscled at ruck time and Leinster failed to get over the ball and win ?? their usually number of ruck penalties .

Leinster are a side who unfortunately lacked a PLAN B until Sexton came on to lob the ball behind the defence .

Byrne at out half is basically barely of an average professional out half does the basics but lacks vision or the skill vary his game. Henshaw a great defensive centre but in attack is restricted to a 10 metre white line charge -- Ringrose seems to have lost a bit of pace and last nights back 3 played well below the necessary standard for most of the match and yet they scored the best try of the match .

The Bulls -- have a better than average second row and back row who play a very tight forward game but if denied possession the Bulls look vulnerable --- leinster were basically like Munster playing Ulster the architects of their own defeat to many errors trying to play and implement a predictable PLAN A when the most important aspect of their game -- their Back row was being out muscled
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Decent number at Ravenhill.