Holiday flights and airport shambles

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Holiday flights and airport shambles

Post by Bobbievee »

Amidst the chaos of flight cancellations and airport queues, apparently plenty of free seats in UK sponsored flight to Rwanda today. VIP access through check in and security, take off time guaranteed, and wide choice of seating at no extra charge, plus no limit on cabin or hold luggage.

Can't be matches by any other airline!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Holiday flights and airport shambles

Post by big mervyn »

It's a pity Priti Patel's parents hadn't made the short journey from Uganda to Rwanda instead of coming all the way here.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The ECHR have potentially stopped the trafficking to Rwanda of 1 of the 7. An Iraqi torture victim.

These tories are cruel kuntz.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm The ECHR have potentially stopped the trafficking to Rwanda of 1 of the 7. An Iraqi torture victim.

...and then there were none :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Even RAF flights being cancelled!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm The ECHR have potentially stopped the trafficking to Rwanda of 1 of the 7. An Iraqi torture victim.

...and then there were none Image
Great fun explaining the following to racists on twitter: 1) Nothing to do with the EU. 2) Nothing to do with the ECJ. 3) How Churchill called for it to prevent despots in Europe abusing humans.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Had a fantastic 10 night trip to Amsterdam and Berlin.

Local trains, buses, underground, canal boats etc were all excellent (albeit it was weird when we all had to mask up on the train between the two cities as we entered German territory).

In Germany, over the summer, it’s NINE EUROS A MONTH to use public transport.

Nightlife in both cities was, as you can imagine, very lively indeed without the merest hint of any trouble.

Squeezed on to the Dublin Airport bus back home last night, wearing that nice new red UR T-shirt, only to find it full of drunk up Armagh fans.

Made for an interesting journey back to Belfast, to say the least, where we then found that getting a taxi at 11pm was nigh on impossible.

When we eventually managed it, we were then verbally abused by a charming orange-skinned young lady for not agreeing to drop her and her mate “around the corner” (notwithstanding the fact that the cab was barely big enough for me and the wife and four bags).

I think it was only the combination of being tired of thirty degree heat and wanting to see my cat that stopped me taking the next flight back.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:51 am Had a fantastic 10 night trip to Amsterdam and Berlin.

Local trains, buses, underground, canal boats etc were all excellent (albeit it was weird when we all had to mask up on the train between the two cities as we entered German territory).

In Germany, over the summer, it’s NINE EUROS A MONTH to use public transport.

Nightlife in both cities was, as you can imagine, very lively indeed without the merest hint of any trouble.

Squeezed on to the Dublin Airport bus back home last night, wearing that nice new red UR T-shirt, only to find it full of drunk up Armagh fans.

Made for an interesting journey back to Belfast, to say the least, where we then found that getting a taxi at 11pm was nigh on impossible.

When we eventually managed it, we were then verbally abused by a charming orange-skinned young lady for not agreeing to drop her and her mate “around the corner” (notwithstanding the fact that the cab was barely big enough for me and the wife and four bags).

I think it was only the combination of being tired of thirty degree heat and wanting to see my cat that stopped me taking the next flight back.
Hmmm perfect storm as soon as you came back into Ireland then. Can imagine the airport bus back north was "interesting" , Armagh beat by Galway on penalties in the QFs. Had similar issues re a taxi in Belfast on a Sunday night when I came back up from Dublin after a weekend watching Edinburgh Ulster, some characters floating around Great Victoria Street, taxi eventually came around 20 minutes after the Europa had called Value Cabs etc.

Berlin is a great city, plenty to see and do. The European transport systems are world class compared to here. I remember in Berlin the U-Bahn ran 24/7, the gap between trains was maybe 30 minutes in the wee hours of the morning v a shorter gap at peak times etc.