Stuart McCloskey

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Stuart McCloskey

Post by Dharper »

For me this is the clear message that no matter how well he plays unless there are injuries SMcC is not gonna go to the WC.
I’d say he’s been URs most influential player along with Marcell & Cooney for at least 5yrs, with the dirth of ball carriers he was absolutely integral to UR winning any kind of gainline to launch attacks off. Huge performer for UR, and will rightly end up a local legend at career end all things being well.
I’d actually say possibly under appreciated perception wise, he’s so good carrying it’s easy to forget he has nice hands and although rare enough a very effective boot on him too. Hume has been superb this yr, but it certainly helps that’s big Stu has been really good inside him. Although Hume was MoM v Munster Frankly Stu did an absolute job on DAllende, and he was making yards for fun and taking men with him in contact.

I can understand the look at Frawley as a distributor 12/cover at 10 re a poss WC squad place. Big Stu is an out & out 12 these days. With so few UR players selected I anticipate a nice fresh squad for next season…..with hopefully a new LH chucked in too.

Treadwell is a lucky boy, hopefully this tour will be a wake up call - he has the size & athletic attributes, but never dominates a game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stuart McCloskey

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dharper wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:33 am Treadwell is a lucky boy, hopefully this tour will be a wake up call - he has the size & athletic attributes, but never dominates a game.
Agree with you on that harpy, looking at looking availability in Ireland, he's there as much as needs must rather than on merit. I'm unsure whether the tour will be a wake up call or give him a sense that he has made it.... I hope it doesn't put him in a head space that he's better than what he is.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18