AIL Energia Leage Rugby/Ulster League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

DogsMutts
Novice

Re: AIL Energia Leage Rugby/Ulster League

Post by DogsMutts »

Another bonus point win for a Instonians today. What is going on at Omagh? Hard to believe they don’t have a front row. Stuffed Clogher in the scrum when they played them I hear. Instonians offered them a game with uncontested and they declined. Odd. Quins pulled the same trick at start of the season too. Genuine or abusing the system? £400 quid fine and -5 points for a meaningless league fixture. In that note, where does the £400 go to?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Yeah really odd. Be interesting to see if many other teams concede against Instonians this season... 2 in 5 weeks?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

Quins probably regretting not pulling out of CV game this morning. Beaten by a team that hasn’t played AIL just yet😆😆
chunky
Novice

Post by chunky »

All these cancellations must be saving Instonians a fortune in match fees.

I think it's got to the stage where the other clubs just take the hit and concede, why risk a demoralising 70 point loss to a team that is clearly abusing the rules on paying players and are practically semi pro in an amateur league. Not worth the hassle.

Clogher will shock a few more teams this year i expect.
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

chunky wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:00 pm All these cancellations must be saving Instonians a fortune in match fees.

I think it's got to the stage where the other clubs just take the hit and concede, why risk a demoralising 70 point loss to a team that is clearly abusing the rules on paying players and are practically semi pro in an amateur league. Not worth the hassle.

Do not think Instonians are 70 points better than Omagh. Hear plenty of clubs paying players throughout Ulster and Ireland. Clubs that historically paid players in recent years did not do well. Instonians seem to have a settled squad for last few years like clogher and this all helps. Quins will be better off financially now that McKinney is moving to Bath
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

DogsMutts wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:09 pm
chunky wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:00 pm All these cancellations must be saving Instonians a fortune in match fees.

Do not think Instonians are 70 points better than Omagh. Hear plenty of clubs paying players throughout Ulster and Ireland. Clubs that historically paid players in recent years did not do well. Instonians seem to have a settled squad for last few years like clogher and this all helps. Quins will be better off financially now that McKinney is moving to Bath
Settled squad who just signed a rake of players from QUB and a recently retired ex pro :lol: :lol:

Plenty of clubs are paying players but no where near the money / quantity of players they are forking out. DPD??
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:12 pm

Settled squad who just signed a rake of players from QUB and a recently retired ex pro :lol: :lol:

Plenty of clubs are paying players but no where near the money / quantity of players they are forking out. DPD??
The ex pro being Ian whitten was always coming back to N Ireland to play for the club that his father played for and with his brothers. David came to make it all four brothers, that is priceless surely. The queens lads had to leave if they wanted 1st team rugby. Quite a few QUB lads went to quins too. Ulster academy players would start regardless of other players form. Interesting to see how that will pan out for Queens and Ulster. University clubs in Ireland offer money to play for them in the form of scholarships, gym memberships and contributions to fees.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

DogsMutts wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:49 pm

The ex pro being Ian whitten was always coming back to N Ireland to play for the club that his father played for and with his brothers. David came to make it all four brothers, that is priceless surely. The queens lads had to leave if they wanted 1st team rugby. Quite a few QUB lads went to quins too. Ulster academy players would start regardless of other players form. Interesting to see how that will pan out for Queens and Ulster. University clubs in Ireland offer money to play for them in the form of scholarships, gym memberships and contributions to fees.
This response is priceless :lol:

So you're telling me that two ex Lansdowne players just decided, off their own bat, to come up from Dublin and play junior rugby / 2C for the craic? And that there was no significant housing or employment benefits that were offered to them? Or so the story goes anyway... Likewise the Hond's match fees for playing/benching for Instonians blew what Lurgan could offer out of the water. Ironically they poached Lupari from Queens to start ahead of him after that.

What a club :duck:
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:03 pm
DogsMutts wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:49 pm

This response is priceless :lol:

So you're telling me that two ex Lansdowne players just decided, off their own bat, to come up from Dublin and play junior rugby / 2C for the craic? And that there was no significant housing or employment benefits that were offered to them? Or so the story goes anyway... Likewise the Hond's match fees for playing/benching for Instonians blew what Lurgan could offer out of the water. Ironically they poached Lupari from Queens to start ahead of him after that.

What a club :duck:
Who knows ulsterarebeill? Who cares? Rumours of all clubs paying at some stage or another over the years.Know the whitten family really well and certainly they are enjoying being back together. Who knows how the ulster teams will do this year but hopefully they all do well. Hinch to consolidate, Armagh to show and stay. Queens hopefully push on and get the Ulster academy lads pushing for development contracts. Malone, Banbridge and Ballymena to push for top 4 and get to 1B. 2B will be interesting. Looking forward to Quins Inst derby at Christmas time. Excited to see how Clogher get on. Omagh and Bangor will be hard to beat at home and will need to get a few wins on the road. Looking forward to watching some local rugby this season. Hear Instonians are paying their new 4th xv team too😆😆😆
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Hinch pay no one , fact.
Available for weddings May to August only
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

TheSnapper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am Hinch pay no one , fact.
Bound to pay their coach?
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

TheSnapper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am Hinch pay no one , fact.
hilarious.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

What’s hilarious is how you think the majorly of club rugby supporters care to know how instonians are doing. Great effort from Armagh and Hinch today with losing bp against tough 1A opposition
DogsMutts
Novice

Post by DogsMutts »

Enjoy following rugby in Ulster and overseas. No real favourite team, long suffering Ulster season ticket holder and hope for a good season ahead. It is hilarious to say that one club pays players just because they are doing well. Clogher must be paying players, Armagh, Hinch, Instonians…. Say it again Hilarious and tedious in equal measure.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UR13IRFU wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:40 pm What’s hilarious is how you think the majorly of club rugby supporters care to know how instonians are doing. Great effort from Armagh and Hinch today with losing bp against tough 1A opposition
It was. Good win for Instonians too.

I’ll get to a couple of games in November no doubt.