Ireland ? in New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by justinr73 »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:31 pm
rumncoke wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 am Nobody here seems interested I wonder Why?

Anyway if it is a 5 -0 thumping I for one won't be surprised .

Looking at the squad you could say it contains 5 out- halfs Sexton," a past his sell-by" an Injury waiting to happen, Carberry likewise, Byrne (h) like Carberry his game resembles a paint by numbers painting completed by a dyslexic blind man, Frawley, a player who is a better 12 than 10 -- his kicking from hand lacks accuracy and consistency and Lowry -- if he faced the ABs at out-half must have a death wish -- the back row would run at him all afternoon --nothing they like better than hitting a small guy late .

As I say 5 out -halfs not one the equal of an out-half hidden under a heap of D4 dung . The smell of their dung I hope --must be really getting to them .
Just thought I would put Rumns first post on this thread up for a laugh!
It’s generally regarded to be pretty poor form to do something like that.

I didn’t see you calling Rum out at the time.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

John Kirwan called it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

John Kirwan aka Bobbievee
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

"generally regarded to be pretty poor form to do something like that"

J. M and Joseph and the wee donkey, even the Forum is going PC!!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I eat humble pie on Sexton he survived three games long enough for Ireland to win two .

But the fact remains in the question is that a good Irish side or just a poor ABs and the answer is probably somewhere in between compounded by a failure to do their home work on Leinster .

Ireland played well, defended well , kept the penalty count down but the fact remains there are some e very key players in the Irish performance , but I do realise that Ireland have learnt some lessons in the last year foremost of which is come penalty time within the opposition half the decision is a group decision and not a case of taken a rushed kick into touch.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 am "generally regarded to be pretty poor form to do something like that"

Hardly.

There’s a difference between being reminded of forum etiquette and being accused of bullying a senior citizen dealing with a serious illness.

Ironically, you didn’t cope too well with BT highlighting the inadequacies of your posts iirc.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:56 am I eat humble pie on Sexton he survived three games long enough for Ireland to win two .

But the fact remains in the question is that a good Irish side or just a poor ABs and the answer is probably somewhere in between compounded by a failure to do their home work on Leinster .

Ireland played well, defended well , kept the penalty count down but the fact remains there are some e very key players in the Irish performance , but I do realise that Ireland have learnt some lessons in the last year foremost of which is come penalty time within the opposition half the decision is a group decision and not a case of taken a rushed kick into touch.
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Frawley, given that he seems to have leap-frogged two blokes higher than him in the pecking order at Leinster.

He looks a bit wooden to me though. Add his physicality and accuracy off the tee to Billy’s game and you’d have a very decent 10.

Incredibly, Sexton still looks like he’s got something left in the tank and there’s no shame in missing your best player when he’s not on the pitch. He wouldn’t be your best player otherwise.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

As a Leinster fan, I never thought Sexton would last to 37 but his level was so high that I now think he has a last year in him. Frawley may well have jumped over the Byrne brothers in Leinster but then Ross is regarded as a safe pair of hands. Interesting to see what Cullen does with him.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:41 am
Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:28 am "generally regarded to be pretty poor form to do some >appl thing like that"

Hardly.

There’s a difference between being reminded of forum etiquette and being accused of bullying a senior citizen dealing with a serious illness.

Ironically, you didn’t cope too well with BT highlighting the inadequacies of your posts iirc.

Wow!
Defending forum etiquette and extolling BT's virtues in the one post

Rum, my apologies for my attempt at humour. You took it better than others. I suspect that you would prefer that your age and your illness not be factors in any discussion..? ( and I also suspect that I might outscore you on one of those)
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I hereby resolve to post no more
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:23 pm I hereby resolve to post no more
FFS Bobbie don't do that ... even if it's been a while since we've had a good auld "flounce".

I think Rumn is still well capable of holding his own without any help from the likes of us.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I will bully him on his death bed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 am I will bully him on his death bed.
It's what he'd want.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:30 pm
I think Rumn is still well capable of holding his own without any help from the likes of us.
Hopefully when I'm old and with illness I won't be able to hold my own..... there'll be a lovely non binary nurse to hold it for me :whistle:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:30 pm
Hopefully when I'm old and with illness I won't be able to hold my own..... there'll be a lovely non binary nurse to hold it for me :whistle:
They might be the first on here without an agenda.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?