URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URC 2022/23 - Other Sides

Post by Dave »

He's a liability to both his team mates and the opposition.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Columbo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:03 pm
justinr73 wrote:Can’t wait to watch it.

Thought the 42 went easy on Munster last week cos Prendy is Jackman’s mate.

Will be interesting to listen to this week’s podcast.
Yes I thought that was interesting as well, they were on a downer about Connacht but then pulled their punches big time on Munster - probably hoping for a big win on the rebound against Dragons! I watched their pre-season against Gloucester, then last week and on Sunday, and it’s been the same thing each time, no signs of progress..

In fairness it could be just a lack of joined-up thinking among the coaches, but they need to get the finger out quickly!
They got a bit of stick this week tbf.

Thirty to one available for a Zebre win.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just watching Cardiff v Lions. Despite the rain teeming down, they've just stopped for a water break!

I can understand water breaks in the daft tour in SA this afternoon, but on a rainy night in Cardiff?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

solidarity wrote:Just watching Cardiff v Lions. Despite the rain teeming down, they've just stopped for a water break!

I can understand water breaks in the daft tour in SA this afternoon, but on a rainy night in Cardiff?
Ulster and leinster had one when the heavens opened as well. Its a hydration issue and nothing to do with temperature. The view is that well hydrated players may be less prone to injury.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:01 pm
solidarity wrote:Just watching Cardiff v Lions. Despite the rain teeming down, they've just stopped for a water break!

Ulster and leinster had one when the heavens opened as well. Its a hydration issue and nothing to do with temperature. The view is that well hydrated players may be less prone to injury.

Indeed, Jean, I recognise the hydration issue but is it really such a big deal on a cold evening as it is on a hot afternoon?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's to stop the water carriers coming on every few minutes. That disrupts things too much so they allow designated breaks now.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 pm

It's to stop the water carriers coming on every few minutes. That disrupts things too much so they allow designated breaks now.
Aha! Makes sense now as a combined response to more than one issue. Undoubtedly it will also become an opportunity for a wee commercial break on TV, as seems to be creeping in. So long as they don't turn on the music in the ground!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 pm

Aha! Makes sense now as a combined response to more than one issue. Undoubtedly it will also become an opportunity for a wee commercial break on TV, as seems to be creeping in. So long as they don't turn on the music in the ground!
Probably Solids! Anything to spin a few quid.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

This from an interview with Dragons' Rob Evans. He's talking about Bradley Roberts:

'Evans is still chuckling as Roberts heads back outside, ‘he’s clean off, mate. You’ve met a few South Africans. They’re not backwards in coming forwards are they? He went over to play for Ulster, and in his words, he was “carving up”. Typical South African. He reckons they asked him to be captain after his second game. I’m telling you now.’'

Hmmm.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

If anyone is watching the Connacht v Munster game can they explain to me how in the name of sweet Shi’ite is Joey Carberry meant to be heir apparent to Sexton. It’s a cringefest watching him play.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Busby will not like the review on that last penalty. Missed munster coming off the line before ball tapped then a blatant lying across the ruck preventing a clear out. If connacht lose this he better have a good getaway from Galway.

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Munster were absolutely brutal. If Carty could kick, Connacht would have been out of sight.
Carberry anonymous at full back.
Ross Byrne, God help us, looks like Sexton's back up.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Hard to overstate how much of a shambles Munster are at the moment. Highlight of the evening was Gavin Coombes breaking off the back of a scrum in his own 22 only to realise he literally had no support. He then aimlessly hoofed the ball upfield. There are some good players in that Munster squad but you’d struggle to identify them right now. A debacle at least 10 years in the making.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’re awful and we have to go down there and beat them.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster have Bulls at home, Leinster away and Ulster at home, no easy ones there.