Sharks v Ulster Saturday 22nd October 5:15pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Sharks v Ulster Saturday 22nd October 5:15pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1

Post by Bobbievee »

Yes there must be some "home duty of cate" to warn any visitors ( and especially athletes) if there is a problem with drinking water. And equally a responsibility on those in charge of these visiting athletes to check these things out and arrange bottled water if that is what is necessary. We don't know yet what the cause was, and given SA objectivity in independent investigations may never know, but somebody in UR must take some blame for this shambles.
Returning to rugby, the whole incident adds to the horlicks that URC had become, with depleted squads, international call ups, player rotation etc, and making it very difficult for me ( in the current financial clinate) to justify £500 out of the Vee household budget to assure my ST. One of the strong original reasons was assured access to tickets every game and the Heineken games. Nowadays you can get the tickets inside Xmas crackers.
Never been so disintetested in my 65 years plus of supporting Ulster....(...I am 76) , ironically when we have such a young competitive team.
B****kicks to IRFU, SA, and everybody else who has contributed to this s*****ow.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I agree Bobbie. There is no evidence of any water contamination being an issue. I'm not sure that's how you get e coli or norovirus. Obviously the aerosol noroviral farting of the players is to blame.

To have two types potential sickness is at the very least unlucky. They should replay the fixture but the league is probably realising the cost. It would be cheaper to deny Ulster the points.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:12 am I agree Bobbie. There is no evidence of any water contamination being an issue. I'm not sure that's how you get e coli or norovirus. Obviously the aerosol noroviral farting of the players is to blame.

To have two types potential sickness is at the very least unlucky. They should replay the fixture but the league is probably realising the cost. It would be cheaper to deny Ulster the points.
Any move to award the Sharks the points is symptomatic of what has happened here. It stinks and a way needs to be found to block this as soon as possible.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Agreed!!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:12 am I agree Bobbie. There is no evidence of any water contamination being an issue. I'm not sure that's how you get e coli or norovirus. Obviously the aerosol noroviral farting of the players is to blame.

Any move to award the Sharks the points is symptomatic of what has happened here. It stinks and a way needs to be found to block this as soon as possible.
The players are quite traumatised. I hear they have been experiencing flushbacks.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

At least with the cancellation we were spared from watching an ulster performance which was bog standard.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

About half our tour party got the Tom mammaries when we were in Cape Town for the cricket in 2016.

You think inflation is bad now but a couple of tabs of Imodium were exchanging hands for a helluva lot of Rand in the hotel.

I tend not to drink much water when I’m on holiday so
I was grand.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:27 am About half our tour party got the Tom mammaries when we were in Cape Town for the cricket in 2016.

You think inflation is bad now but a couple of tabs of Imodium were exchanging hands for a helluva lot of Rand in the hotel.

I tend not to drink much water when I’m on holiday so
I was grand.
Was that when Ben Stokes cracked about 250?

Sounds like no shortage of runs on that trip
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

🤭

It was yeah.

Stood under the scoreboard, sculling one pound pints and watching sixes sail overhead like planes at Heathrow Airport.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:12 am
Listened to the Red Hand podcast for the first time this week, as the BT seem to have given up on their one. As per everywhere else, the fact that we beat a full complement of Sharks just a few months ago (easily until we declared and Grant Williams came on) seems to have been forgotten.
The Bel Tel podcast has reappeared with a podcast dropped yesterday :thumleft:

Haven't listened to.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yep - I tuned in last night.

It’s back with a female presenter and they’ve rebranded it as something like Inside Ulster for reasons which aren’t entirely clear.

Sounds like it’ll be back on a weekly basis now.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The biggest danger is not the water but ice cubes -- you buy the bottled water and forget about ice cubes

I guy I worked with got hepatitis in Spain during the World Cup and he wasn't drinking water .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Norovirus it is flush handles and bog door handles -- you touch them before you wash your hands ---if you do --you only have to forget once
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:23 am The biggest danger is not the water but ice cubes -- you buy the bottled water and forget about ice cubes

I guy I worked with got hepatitis in Spain during the World Cup and he wasn't drinking water .
There's nothing wrong with tap water (or icecubes made from it) in Spain or anywhere else in the EU. Due to the amount of chemicals in it, it is probably safer biologically than bottled water, or indeed UK tap water. It doesn't taste great so most people do use bottled or filtered for drinking.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Two players withdrawn with illness from the Ospreys against the Sharks in Durban this afternoon. If it turns out to be gastroenteritis, I think we can forget any suggestion that Ulster and Glasgow brought the bugs with them.

https://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/two-c ... l-c-sharks