La ROGelle January 2023

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

La ROGelle January 2023

Post by BR »

Flights booked
Trains booked
Match tickets bought (with thanks to my benefactor here)

Couldn't resist booking seats in the Jackson stand (behind the goal, but sure).

Haven't sorted out beds yet. What's the recommendation from those who were there before for being close to the day/night life (considering we'll primarily be there on a French Sunday)? We need to keep the walking down to a minimum due to a health condition, but don't want to be getting joes all the time.

Also when do SNCF announce the obligatory strike?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: La ROGelle January 2023

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:29 pm Flights booked
Trains booked

Haven't sorted out beds yet. What's the recommendation from those who were there before for being close to the day/night life (considering we'll primarily be there on a French Sunday)? We need to keep the walking down to a minimum due to a health condition, but don't want to be getting joes all the time.

The Ibis Styles Hotel is just round the corner from the official fan pub McNultys and also a short walk to the other pub which was popular last time General Humbert.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Plenty of time to go on a LAR forum looking a second hand bed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:20 pm
Trains booked

The Ibis Styles Hotel is just round the corner from the official fan pub McNultys and also a short walk to the other pub which was popular last time General Humbert.
I see the attraction of Humberts. Closes at 4 am :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Trains booked

Cheers.

How is Sunday? Much open?

And when you say official fan pub. Do you mean official to SR supporters or them Larne yins?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:08 am
Trains booked

Cheers.

And when you say official fan pub. Do you mean official to SR supporters or them Larne yins?
McMultys is the offical SWURSC etc Fan Pub. Last pub before you head to ground (30 minute walk).

McNultys open Sundays 2pm - 2am, the General 6pm - 2am.

McNultys open 4pm - 2am on Fridays and 2pm to 2am on Saturdays, the General open 6pm - 4am on Fridays and 2pm - 4am on Saturdays.

Both pubs showed the other Heineken games last time.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Mc+Nu ... 583333!3e2
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Trains booked

Two of the trains I’d booked for the Toulouse trip were cancelled when I was in France - would have been tricky before the days of the Trainline app!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:47 am
Trains booked

Two of the trains I’d booked for the Toulouse trip were cancelled when I was in France - would have been tricky before the days of the Trainline app!
There is a longstanding disagreement between Ulster Rugby and the French train unions. We have had our moments with Air Traffic Control too.

One of our regulars from London, has been on 4 trips to France with us over the years. He has 75% record with train strikes. The good news is the feckin albatross is staying at home in January.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:11 am
Trains booked

Cheers.

McMultys is the offical SWURSC etc Fan Pub. Last pub before you head to ground (30 minute walk).

McNultys open 4pm - 2am on Fridays and 2pm to 2am on Saturdays, the General open 6pm - 4am on Fridays and 2pm - 4am on Saturdays.

Thanks again Neill. Got the Ibis sorted. Does that mean the Larne yins aren't attending and I can breathe easy?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:32 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:11 am
Trains booked

Cheers.

Thanks again Neill. Got the Ibis sorted. Does that mean the Larne yins aren't attending and I can breathe easy?
Think a few of them will be there.
El Presidente
Novice

Post by El Presidente »

I posted on a different thread but will repeat my plea here!
We're three non-Ulster folk but will be in La Rochelle to support in January. The one thing we don't yet have is tickets and I am getting slightly concerned by the fact that La R apparently are a sellout for every home game.
Could anyone here kindly point me in the right direction for where I could acquire three tickets? (will happily pay you back with a pint in La R)
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

El Presidente wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:16 am I posted on a different thread but will repeat my plea here!
We're three non-Ulster folk but will be in La Rochelle to support in January. The one thing we don't yet have is tickets and I am getting slightly concerned by the fact that La R apparently are a sellout for every home game.
Could anyone here kindly point me in the right direction for where I could acquire three tickets? (will happily pay you back with a pint in La R)
https://billetterie.staderochelais.com/ ... RO,2Z2VM,1

No charge - :fleg:

Stade Marcel Deflandre

This allocation of tickets will then be released for general sale from 10am on Friday 18 November until Friday 23 December. (This should now be available until 23 December)

Categories / Adult Price:
2: €48
4: €38
5: €33
6: €29
7 (Standing): €15

Please note La Rochelle have advised that you will receive an order summary but you should only download your ticket 15 days prior to the game.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:12 pm
El Presidente wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:16 am I posted on a different thread but will repeat my plea here!

Stade Marcel Deflandre

This allocation of tickets will then be released for general sale from 10am on Friday 18 November until Friday 23 December. (This should now be available until 23 December)

Please note La Rochelle have advised that you will receive an order summary but you should only download your ticket 15 days prior to the game.
Ulster only got around 1,600 tickets, apparently some of the categories sold out.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:06 am

Stade Marcel Deflandre

Ulster only got around 1,600 tickets, apparently some of the categories sold out.
But they're on general sale now, right? So that'll be ASR supporters.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:12 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:06 am

Stade Marcel Deflandre

But they're on general sale now, right? So that'll be ASR supporters.
General sale of Ulster allocation, of course if a La Rochelle supporter had the link, they could use it. Only certain parts of the ground.

Game seems to be sold out from a La Rochelle point of view, their fans will no doubt snap up any unsold Ulster tickets.