Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd Dec 19:35 Viaplay Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd Dec 19:35 Viaplay Sports 1

Post by MightyRearranger »

While the second half last week was a horror show to watch, the shoeing they just gave a full strength Racing away from home puts it in some perspective, I don't think many would have expected that to be so dominant. At the moment we're a good bit off Leinsters standard, but the rest of Europe seems to be too. Would imagine that they'll be strong favourites for the trophy after that showing, Russell showed his class at times, but in general Racing were comfortably outplayed in every aspect of the game.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Correct.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Toulose and Sorries will be tough to beat. Plus certain saf teams are capable of beating them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:52 pm While the second half last week was a horror show to watch, the shoeing they just gave a full strength Racing away from home puts it in some perspective, I don't think many would have expected that to be so dominant. At the moment we're a good bit off Leinsters standard, but the rest of Europe seems to be too. Would imagine that they'll be strong favourites for the trophy after that showing, Russell showed his class at times, but in general Racing were comfortably outplayed in every aspect of the game.
The rest of Europe are a good bit off Leinster because Racing were shyte and got stuffed??
Why does that mean the rest of Europe is a good bit off?
Does that mean La Rochelle, Sarries, Clermont Sharks etc. etc. haven’t got a chance against Leinster? :scratch:
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Of course other teams are capable of beating them, but it sas the way Racing were utterly dominated. Of course other teams have a chance against them, which is why Leinster were only about 5/2 when I checked after the game, but the odds of the second favourites are at odds more than twice as long.

That was the first home game Racing have lost this year, the same team only last by a few points away against La Rochelle you mention and they currently sit 2nd in what is supposedly the strongest of the leagues, while the Clermont team you mention are 9th and a shadow of their former selves.

Im not saying we're brilliant or anything, just that if you take being humbled by Leinster are your yard stick for bring tom kite, then there are an awful lot of brad pitt teams about. I think we're pretty firmly at the second table un the European ladder, capable of an upset against an upset against one of the big boys if we have a day were things go our way. There are much worse places to be, just ask Munster...
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I think our yardstick for being shyte is the very clear fact that Ulster are bottle merchants who crumble under pressure time after time. It’s nothing to do with Leinster or any other team. Ulster beat themselves on the pitch.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

The past two games against good opposition shows how essential it is to have Henderson on the pitch. He galvanises the team, leads by example and add Cooney to the mix and Ulster do have the beating of anyone particularly at Ravenhill.
Henderson’s leadership is essential
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bangors wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm The past two games against good opposition shows how essential it is to have Henderson on the pitch. He galvanises the team, leads by example and add Cooney to the mix and Ulster do have the beating of anyone particularly at Ravenhill.
That’s one view but, on the other hand and only going back as far as last season, he played in the capitulation against Connacht, the beating by the Bulls, the loss against Toulouse, the mauling by Munster and the collapse in Cape Town.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:33 pm
Bangors wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm The past two games against good opposition shows how essential it is to have Henderson on the pitch. He galvanises the team, leads by example and add Cooney to the mix and Ulster do have the beating of anyone particularly at Ravenhill.
That’s one view but, on the other hand and only going back as far as last season, he played in the capitulation against Connacht, the beating by the Bulls, the loss against Toulouse, the mauling by Munster and the collapse in Cape Town.
Correct.
I wouldn’t have him (or Best) in the Gysbert Johannes category of leaders.