Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by StandUp »

It’s all b@llocks. It won’t happen.
Nucifora was trying to tell the world what a great job he’s done in Ireland, and now we are supposedly producing too many great players for four provinces. Reporters put two and two together and came up with November.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by allezlesverres »

"We have too many great players" says the union has produced only 4 international standard fly halves in the modern era (Humph, Rog, sexton, Pj).
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Too many great players yet never made a semi final. Big talk from the autumn international peakers. I expect the 6 nations is in the bag.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:06 pm
allezlesverres wrote:The London Irish thing is pie in the sky. Leaving aside the debt, the only way it would work would be to bring Irish into the URC. The meath one is a better idea but it's still far fetched and Leinster would never agree to it.
Surely Leinster are told what happens, they don't have to agree. That's how it works with Ulster

But Jackie, Leinster is the IRFU.
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:34 pm It’s all b@llocks. It won’t happen.
Nucifora was trying to tell the world what a great job he’s done in Ireland, and now we are supposedly producing too many great players for four provinces. Reporters put two and two together and came up with November.
He hasn't done a great job at all.

For all the players produced under the IRFU banner the overwhelming majority are the products of a handful of private Dublin schools.

Basically the big money in Dublin started pumping cash into their schools which operate as effectively professional outfits, and players are leaving school almost ready for low-level pro rugby.

Leinster are taking an exceptional raw material and putting the finishing touches on it, while the rest of us are getting raw lads who need serious work.

Nothing to do with Nucifora, he's just been in the right place at the right time to ride on the coat tails of the success of Leinster.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

No one bothering with a match thread for LaR?

Or should we keep this thread going as a reminder against future complacency?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

thecrouch wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:22 pm

For all the players produced under the IRFU banner the overwhelming majority are the products of a handful of private Dublin schools.

Basically the big money in Dublin started pumping cash into their schools which operate as effectively professional outfits, and players are leaving school almost ready for low-level pro rugby.

Leinster are taking an exceptional raw material and putting the finishing touches on it, while the rest of us are getting raw lads who need serious work.

Nothing to do with Nucifora, he's just been in the right place at the right time to ride on the coat tails of the success of Leinster.
Everyone knows that, but it doesn’t stop the Ashton bigging himself up.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So It Is wrote:No one bothering with a match thread for LaR?

Such a match thread could be a horror show. Not suitable for those of a sensitive nature. The uafc could be deleted off the Internet. Sent to the dark Web. I wouldn't take that chance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Take out the St michaels and Blackrock products and the Leinster squad would be seriously depleted. Both fantastic rugby nurseries.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

So It Is wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:40 pm No one bothering with a match thread for LaR?

Match

noun
1. A contest in which people or teams compete against each other in a particular sport.

2. a person or thing that is equal to another in quality or strength.

No match vs LAR

If there's no thread it didnt happen
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:06 pm
allezlesverres wrote:The London Irish thing is pie in the sky. Leaving aside the debt, the only way it would work would be to bring Irish into the URC. The meath one is a better idea but it's still far fetched and Leinster would never agree to it.
Surely Leinster are told what happens, they don't have to agree. That's how it works with Ulster

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
As fine an example of irony/sarcasm as I've seen for a while. >appl
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

I've been living in France for 11 years, a couple of hours from La Rochelle. Having not had the chance to see Ulster play since moving here, I was delighted to get some tickets for Saturday. Having coached several of the players in a former life as a school teacher, I'm still delighted to go and cheer them on this Saturday, even if the weather forecast is shocking and the chances of a positive result are slim. For all that has been written and said about the team in recent weeks, I still look at the likes of Luke Marshall amongst others and say: this guy gives his all and deserves my support. He'll give his all for Ulster so win or lose, rain or snow, I'm proud to cheer him and others on. If they're not good enough, so be it but while they put their bodies on the line against the European champions, they'll have my support.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Andy_in_France wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:43 pm I've been living in France for 11 years, a couple of hours from La Rochelle. Having not had the chance to see Ulster play since moving here, I was delighted to get some tickets for Saturday. Having coached several of the players in a former life as a school teacher, I'm still delighted to go and cheer them on this Saturday, even if the weather forecast is shocking and the chances of a positive result are slim. For all that has been written and said about the team in recent weeks, I still look at the likes of Luke Marshall amongst others and say: this guy gives his all and deserves my support. He'll give his all for Ulster so win or lose, rain or snow, I'm proud to cheer him and others on. If they're not good enough, so be it but while they put their bodies on the line against the European champions, they'll have my support.
Good stuff Andy. And maybe you'll have time for a wee, well deserved beer or two either side of the match?

AVPlHdU
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Everyone knows that, but it doesn’t stop the Ashton bigging himself up.
It's not what you're doing, it's what you're seen to be doing.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big-al wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:15 pm

Take out the St michaels and Blackrock products and the Leinster squad would be seriously depleted. Both fantastic rugby nurseries.
True Al, it doesn't hide the fact from school pathway Leinster have supplied 24no., Munster 12no. and Ulster 0 forwards to the international setup in the last decade.

Nucifora should be standing at the front door of Ravenhill asking what the fcuk we're doing about it!

Or equally we as fans should be asking Nuciwank what is he going to do about it.