Heineken Round of 16

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Heineken Round of 16

Post by StandUp »

Well done Ulster. This has been a horrendous couple of months, but we have qualified for the round of 16.
Can anyone suggest a modestly priced, but reasonably located hotel for the trip to Dublin?
I think I will make a weekend of it, providing I can get tickets, and support the boys on the road.
SUFTUM.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Heineken Round of 16

Post by Gerald the Mole »

No doubt you will get tickets, Dublin really is out pricing itself, I detest it
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surely we have enough Dubs in the squad. We could all just head back to their mas' and kip on the sofa.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:42 am Well done Ulster. This has been a horrendous couple of months, but we have qualified for the round of 16.
Can anyone suggest a modestly priced, but reasonably located hotel for the trip to Dublin?
I think I will make a weekend of it, providing I can get tickets, and support the boys on the road.
SUFTUM.
Sandymount Hotel or Clayton Ballsbridge coming in at £170 / £180 on 1st April for a double. Free car parking at Sandymount Hotel and a stone throw to RDS / Lansdowne Rd. Free cancellation up to 48 hours before.

That's as cheap as Dublin gets at present.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:38 am
StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:42 am Well done Ulster. This has been a horrendous couple of months, but we have qualified for the round of 16.
SUFTUM.
Sandymount Hotel or Clayton Ballsbridge coming in at £170 / £180 on 1st April for a double. Free car parking at Sandymount Hotel and a stone throw to RDS / Lansdowne Rd. Free cancellation up to 48 hours before.

You get the room Standup and 20 of us will kip in it :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

How long before HWM asks if the URSC are running a supporters bus?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

SUFTUM.

Cheers Niner. Three nights is gonna hurt the wallet. Plus :stout:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:43 am
SUFTUM.

You get the room Standup and 20 of us will kip in it :thumleft:
:lol: Looking forward to it already Mervyn.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:56 am
SUFTUM.

Cheers Niner. Three nights is gonna hurt the wallet. Plus :stout:
Sunday night should be reasonable, personally I'd go Sandymount Hotel, it's a rugby hotel, all the games will be on and the bars in it and the marquee bar outside will be filled all day with rugby folk. Plenty of places around Ballsbridge, all within walking distance for breakfast if you don't want to commit to the hotel offering.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

That sounds good. Thanks :thumleft:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

assuming nothing crazy happens today re other games, ( See URNiners post) ........ when will the date /time of any away match be confirmed? ie Fri night/Sat/ or Sunday ( night!!?)

Grand Canal Hote, £200/210?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Sandymount is £451 for 3 nights. Looking favourite so far.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:50 pm Sandymount is £451 for 3 nights. Looking favourite so far.
What price hotels in Finchley?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Couldn’t care less coz I won’t be there :lol:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

May not be Dublin if Irish keep going at Montpellier, 21-0 up. A win by 28 sees Ulster move to 7th with Exeter and Saracens possible opponents.