Heineken Round of 16

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Heineken Round of 16

Post by BR »

At LR - I usually go for the stupid wee North stand. That way I don't have to look at it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:05 am if all eight URC teams got through to the round of 16, does that mean that the quality of the URC is actually pretty good compared to the French and English leagues? I know that the French don't always seem to be too bothered about Europe but you can't beat a 100% success rate.
No - it demonstrates that mid table French (and to a lesser extent, English) teams still have to worry about relegation.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 pm At LR - I usually go for the stupid wee North stand. That way I don't have to look at it.
The back row is good there if, like me, you like to stand for the full 80. Downside - HWM may be there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bring your water proofs then.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BR wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:19 pm
solidarity wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:05 am if all eight URC teams got through to the round of 16, does that mean that the quality of the URC is actually pretty good compared to the French and English leagues? I know that the French don't always seem to be too bothered about Europe but you can't beat a 100% success rate.
No - it demonstrates that mid table French (and to a lesser extent, English) teams still have to worry about relegation.
Fair point, so is it more accurate to say that there's not as big a gap as we sometimes think?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:10 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 pm
big mervyn wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:59 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:22 pm
StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:06 pm Does anyone know when tickets go on sale to watch us bend the ladybais over?
Leinster Ulster tickets go on sale early February according to the email I got. Ulster getting their 10% ticket allocation + an unspecified extra % allocation due to expected high demand for the game.
Getting into the Aviva shouldn't be a problem.
when the tickets go on sale, is there a particular ( seated) section Ulster fans should congregate?

Last time v Leinster I was seated surrounded by many Leinster fans. I was still giving them gip celebrating the Stockdale "try" when they directed me to the screen replays..............

If any celebrating or mourning is required I would prefer to do it amongst my own kind

SUFTUM :red: :fleg:
Same here. It's difficult in the Aviva Bobbie as there are so many options and price variations and tkt barsteward tend to complicates matters further the way they release tickets. Given the ticket allocation it is almost inevitable that you will be amongst the enemy. Have to say, the Leinster fans around me were almost embarrassed last time and thought we were the better side, but sympathy is nearly worse than derision.
Cheers
Tbf, I was probably over celebrating and deserved all the derision going!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Translink putting on transport on April 1.

https://www.translink.co.uk/events
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Only fools and ulsterbuses?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://ulster.rugby/tickets/champions- ... v-leinster

Prices (Euros) - Cat 4 25, Cat 3 38, Cat 2 50, Cat 1 60, Premium 2 65, Premium 85.

Priority Window - Season Ticket Holders (Limited Availability)
From 2pm on Tuesday 7 February until 9am on Thursday 9 February

Season Ticket holders will have first access to secure their tickets (maximum of six per transaction). Season Ticket holders will be emailed the priority booking link.

General On-Sale
From 10am on Thursday 9 February

All remaining tickets will be available to the general public at ulster.rugby/buytickets.

Supporters Buses
Ulster Rugby supporters buses will be running from Kingspan Stadium on the match day.

The buses will depart Kingspan Stadium at 12 noon. They will leave Dublin for the return journey at 9pm, returning to Kingspan Stadium at approximately 11.30pm.

Limited car parking spaces will be available at Kingspan Stadium on a first come, first served basis. There will also be free supporters flags distributed before the buses set off.

Bus spaces are priced at £25 for Adults and £15 for Under 18s.

Fan Zone
An Ulster Rugby Fan Zone, organised by the South Wales Ulster Rugby Supporters Club, will be in operation at the Horse Show House, Merrion Rd, Ballsbridge.

Further details will be confirmed in due course.
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

I've never been to Aviva on a bus/coach before, I'm curious to know where the bus drop off/ collection point is in Dublin
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

cardoc wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:29 am I've never been to Aviva on a bus/coach before, I'm curious to know where the bus drop off/ collection point is in Dublin
Translink used the American embassy not far from the Horse Show House for the Connacht game last season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 am
cardoc wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:29 am I've never been to Aviva on a bus/coach before, I'm curious to know where the bus drop off/ collection point is in Dublin
Translink used the American embassy not far from the Horse Show House for the Connacht game last season.
Good job - meant you didn’t have far to leg it….!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ticket prices are steep enough. €60 for anything half decent and some of those aren't great

Cat1 seems to expand in size every time I go down there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

As expected, plenty of seats available in many parts of the ground. The pre sale is just a nonsense and actually punishes season ticket holders with a limited selection.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Any recommendations for a good seafood restaurant in Dub that doesn’t require the sale of an internal organ to pay the bill? Currently looking at the Lobster Pot.