Heineken Round of 16

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Heineken Round of 16

Post by StandUp »

:oman: Come on the men in orange.
Not a sentiment I’m normally overly familiar with…
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:Sandymount is £451 for 3 nights. Looking favourite so far.
Don't drink the tap water.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I’ll be drinking more than tap water…
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 pm assuming nothing crazy happens today re other games, ( See URNiners post) ........ when will the date /time of any away match be confirmed? ie Fri night/Sat/ or Sunday ( night!!?)

Grand Canal Hote, £200/210?

Saturday 1st April - 5.30pm kick off confirmed
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:04 am
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 pm assuming nothing crazy happens today re other games, ( See URNiners post) ........ when will the date /time of any away match be confirmed? ie Fri night/Sat/ or Sunday ( night!!?)

Grand Canal Hote, £200/210?

Saturday 1st April - 5.30pm kick off confirmed
Hotel booked. Now waiting for tickets.
€573 for 3 nights 😥 wasn’t too long ago I could get 2 weeks in the sun for that.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale to watch us bend the ladybais over?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:06 pm Does anyone know when tickets go on sale to watch us bend the ladybais over?
Leinster Ulster tickets go on sale early February according to the email I got. Ulster getting their 10% ticket allocation + an unspecified extra % allocation due to expected high demand for the game.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Thanks Neill.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:22 pm
StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:06 pm Does anyone know when tickets go on sale to watch us bend the ladybais over?
Leinster Ulster tickets go on sale early February according to the email I got. Ulster getting their 10% ticket allocation + an unspecified extra % allocation due to expected high demand for the game.
Getting into the Aviva shouldn't be a problem.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Might be difficult getting me out :stout:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:41 pm Might be difficult getting me out :stout:
Probably not cos they have a nasty habit of shutting the bars after about sixty minutes!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Tw@ts.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

if all eight URC teams got through to the round of 16, does that mean that the quality of the URC is actually pretty good compared to the French and English leagues? I know that the French don't always seem to be too bothered about Europe but you can't beat a 100% success rate.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:59 pm
when the tickets go on sale, is there a particular ( seated) section Ulster fans should congregate?

Last time v Leinster I was seated surrounded by many Leinster fans. I was still giving them gip celebrating the Stockdale "try" when they directed me to the screen replays..............

If any celebrating or mourning is required I would prefer to do it amongst my own kind

SUFTUM :red: :fleg:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 pm
big mervyn wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:59 pm
when the tickets go on sale, is there a particular ( seated) section Ulster fans should congregate?

Last time v Leinster I was seated surrounded by many Leinster fans. I was still giving them gip celebrating the Stockdale "try" when they directed me to the screen replays..............

If any celebrating or mourning is required I would prefer to do it amongst my own kind

SUFTUM :red: :fleg:
Same here. It's difficult in the Aviva Bobbie as there are so many options and price variations and tkt barsteward tend to complicates matters further the way they release tickets. Given the ticket allocation it is almost inevitable that you will be amongst the enemy. Have to say, the Leinster fans around me were almost embarrassed last time and thought we were the better side, but sympathy is nearly worse than derision.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall