Plastic Pitch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Plastic Pitch

Post by Cockatrice »

Big-al wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:37 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:47 pm
Big-al wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:56 am They have called out the big guns … work will start this week or Monday at latest.
Explain?
Not necessarily true but Ulster will know by the end of the week. Fingers crossed for Monday!

The Council are as useless as Stormont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re all eating at the same trough.
Corporate boxes go a long way
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Big-al wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:50 pm
rumncoke wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:41 am who put the pressure on ? my bet is D4 -- since any delay will effect the Budget of the IRFU as much as the Ulster branch and basically there is no suitable alternative venue for Ravenhill --KingSpan ? for normal games .

Ulster could play some games away early in the season and postpone a couple of early season Home games for the first couple of months but anything more than that would be an embarrassment and financially expensive. The earlier the pitch is available the better .
How on earth could the IRFU in Dublin be in a position to pressurise the Belfast city council?
barter account
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Munster getting games against NZ Māori, SA A, crusaders, all the Ireland U20 games … wtf are we getting?? Ireland women’s?? GTF Petrie/Cunningham. Let’s start thinking outside the box here. That occasion at Páirc Uí Chaoimh last autumn was unbelievable and it’s highly likely they wouldn’t have went on to win the league considering that that one win entirely turned their season around. Get the finger out UR.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:46 pm Munster getting games against NZ Māori, SA A, crusaders, all the Ireland U20 games … wtf are we getting?? Ireland women’s?? GTF Petrie/Cunningham. Let’s start thinking outside the box here. That occasion at Páirc Uí Chaoimh last autumn was unbelievable and it’s highly likely they wouldn’t have went on to win the league considering that that one win entirely turned their season around. Get the finger out UR.
It is not a level playing field. All the tasty games go to Munster. Leinster pick up the rest. Fèck Ulster and Connacht.
Munster have big debt levels linked to their stadium and I would suspect we will post a big loss for this year. But FIRFU will continue to pass the big matches to their favoured Provinces.
Nobody cares about the Nordies.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

To be expected but what is particularly galling is that nobody up here seems to be fighting like feck to get any of these games.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

I remember the fleg 'n' anthem row that started as soon as it was announced that Ireland would play Italy at Ravenhill in a world Cup warm up match. IRFU probably remember it too.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

promenader 2 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:10 pm I remember the fleg 'n' anthem row that started as soon as it was announced that Ireland would play Italy at Ravenhill in a world Cup warm up match. IRFU probably remember it too.
True but matches against teams such as Crusaders or Barbarians do not need anthems.
Have we ever hosted an under 20's International?
As tor flegs 'n anthems who gives a toss what bigots think?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Bobbievee wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:38 am
Cockatrice wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:27 pm Pitch sorted roll on new season and better results due to plastic
Is underground heating included or is it an optional extra?
Even if it saved one big game ( 700k?) it would be worth it?
Plastic less likely to freeze but it can do …. but is sorted with salt just like ur drive ..
Will the salty tears of our defeated foes, suffice?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:59 pm
HammerTime wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:46 pm Munster getting games against NZ Māori, SA A, crusaders, all the Ireland U20 games … wtf are we getting?? Ireland women’s?? GTF Petrie/Cunningham. Let’s start thinking outside the box here. That occasion at Páirc Uí Chaoimh last autumn was unbelievable and it’s highly likely they wouldn’t have went on to win the league considering that that one win entirely turned their season around. Get the finger out UR.

It is not a level playing field. All the tasty games go to Munster. Leinster pick up the rest. Fèck Ulster and Connacht.
Munster have big debt levels linked to their stadium and I would suspect we will post a big loss for this year. But FIRFU will continue to pass the big matches to their favoured Provinces.
Nobody cares about the Nordies.

Look, munster have been given some advantages historically, no argument there. But as of now, they're the effing champions and absolutely deserve their wee bonus games. Ulster aren't champions of anything and frankly haven't looked close. I'm UTID but can't bring myself to begrudge the turnips their day in the sun, and a chance to maybe sort their finances.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Wtf does winning the league have with being gifted all these games. There’s nothing stopping us playing a game in the autumn v Barbarians or NZ Māori only lack of ambition.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

HammerTime wrote:Wtf does winning the league have with being gifted all these games. There’s nothing stopping us playing a game in the autumn v Barbarians or NZ Māori only lack of ambition.
Will touring or representative teams want to play on a plastic pitch? I would say absolutely not.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:fleg:
jean valjean wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:36 am
HammerTime wrote:Wtf does winning the league have with being gifted all these games. There’s nothing stopping us playing a game in the autumn v Barbarians or NZ Māori only lack of ambition.
Will touring or representative teams want to play on a plastic pitch? I would say absolutely not.
Oh dear! Will injuries increase? Should we train somewhere else? Will our S and C team be up to the task? Will we be able to get a team out? Was all this considered in the application?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bobbievee wrote::fleg:
jean valjean wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:36 am
Oh dear! Will injuries increase? Should we train somewhere else? Will our S and C team be up to the task? Will we be able to get a team out? Was all this considered in the application?
We trained on 3G at newforge at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

It may be fine for ulster to train and play on in the URC and in Europe. When trying to entice southern hemisphere touring sides to come and play I suspect they will prefer a grass pitch to 3g. UR must want to increase revenue by increased usage by other means.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:24 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:44 am
HammerTime wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:19 pm Could be heading for the end of Petrie.
No "could be" about it.

There's already a head at the top end of Petri

Question is, wot's in it?
Tend to agree .. I know a resident that attended meetings with UR and the general consensus was the arrogance … one person who I understand may have been a senior member of the legal profession walked out after being insulted and others told off like school children.. it is what has got backs up.
So they may or may not have been a senior member of the legal profession?

OR

You understand may or may not be a senior member of the legal profession, - but you may have misunderstood?

Great legalese there, saying absolutely nothing that might be held against you! :thumleft:

It wasn't yourself that you understood to be in the legal profession was it? (but you misunderstood?) :shock:

I'm confused now >crazy1
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right