Cooney staying?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Cooney staying?

Post by StandUp »

I’ve enough meetings as it is. I definitely don’t want any more thanks😂
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We just need new players and coaches but all we're getting is a new pitch.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

We are Fawlty Towers at best
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Again with the negativity. No, we're nowhere near overhauling Leinster, but they have an unparalleled player recruitment pipeline, and changing coaches isn't going to fix that. That's a very long-term project. The fact is, we're overachieving. We're the second best team in Ireland, and that's without the kind of help from the IRFU that Munster and Connacht get from the IRFU in terms of foreign project players, relocated prospects or central contracts. As I've pointed out before, Leinster used 60 players in 2021-22, Munster 59, and us and Connacht 46 each. We're well behind Munster in terms of playing resources, and on a level with Connacht, and we're ahead of both of them in terms of results.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

It’s not about the number of players, it’s about the ability of the players and what the coaches are doing with them.
We could use 300 players a season but if they aren’t at the required level, what’s the point?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:08 am It’s difficult to argue that we’ve hit a plateau when we’ve already got the same points as last season with two home games against poorly placed opponents to go.

Not to mention the clean sweep against the Saffers, more tries, bonus points etc

I’d fancy us in a final against anyone other than Leinster who, having lost five in the league last year, have had the temerity to get better too!
How dare you talk so much sense. You do realise where you are?

A final at home, we beat everyone except Leinster in the URC.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

paddybrown wrote:Again with the negativity. No, we're nowhere near overhauling Leinster, but they have an unparalleled player recruitment pipeline, and changing coaches isn't going to fix that. That's a very long-term project. The fact is, we're overachieving. We're the second best team in Ireland, and that's without the kind of help from the IRFU that Munster and Connacht get from the IRFU in terms of foreign project players, relocated prospects or central contracts. As I've pointed out before, Leinster used 60 players in 2021-22, Munster 59, and us and Connacht 46 each. We're well behind Munster in terms of playing resources, and on a level with Connacht, and we're ahead of both of them in terms of results.
And of that 46 we had Ben Moxham, Greg Jones and Matty Rea (all thankfully still on the books).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Anyone willing to forego 3 NIQs for the next 10 years circa £1mil wages per year.

Put full time Ulster paid professional coaches / DOR into the top 16 schools/clubs with a proper rugby programme. Paying each £60k per year.

Teachers are doing an honest job but many are juggling coaching duties with other subjects.

Look at what the schools that Soper coached achieved with decent coaching.

Maybe it would do pish all
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Next year's NIQs:
Kitshoff
Ewers
Plastic pitch
22/23 pitch-gate loss
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:19 pm Anyone willing to forego 3 NIQs for the next 10 years circa £1mil wages per year.

Put full time Ulster paid professional coaches / DOR into the top 16 schools/clubs with a proper rugby programme. Paying each £60k per year.

Teachers are doing an honest job but many are juggling coaching duties with other subjects.

10 years would be tight but would absolutely give up 3/4 seasons to turbo charge schools rugby. It’s our only hope long term or else we’ll fall further and further behind.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

HammerTime wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:37 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:19 pm Anyone willing to forego 3 NIQs for the next 10 years circa £1mil wages per year.

10 years would be tight but would absolutely give up 3/4 seasons to turbo charge schools rugby. It’s our only hope long term or else we’ll fall further and further behind.
We aren’t going anywhere anyway so at least it would be interesting to see some more talent coming through.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

paddybrown wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:24 pm Again with the negativity. No, we're nowhere near overhauling Leinster, but they have an unparalleled player recruitment pipeline, and changing coaches isn't going to fix that. That's a very long-term project. The fact is, we're overachieving. We're the second best team in Ireland, and that's without the kind of help from the IRFU that Munster and Connacht get from the IRFU in terms of foreign project players, relocated prospects or central contracts. As I've pointed out before, Leinster used 60 players in 2021-22, Munster 59, and us and Connacht 46 each. We're well behind Munster in terms of playing resources, and on a level with Connacht, and we're ahead of both of them in terms of results.
Munster's playing numbers are only that high because so many of their squad got stuck in quarantine in South Africa in December 2021. They ended up giving games to academy and club players who wouldn't have featured otherwise that season.