IRFU to take over London Irish

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: IRFU to take over London Irish

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

volvo wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:12 amI'd heard Brive
What to D2? :scratch:
Exterminate all rational thought
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

I don't think any PRL team would risk upsetting any sponsors, rightly or wrongly he could be described as a risky signing and nothing to do with his rugby in the daft woke era.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:09 pm I don't think any PRL team would risk upsetting any sponsors, rightly or wrongly he could be described as a risky signing and nothing to do with his rugby in the daft woke era.
I don't think he would be seen as a high risk signing now from a commercial perspective. LI did the ground work and took any heat. A few years passed and no big deal there after Guinness initially withdrew.

Finances are a different natter of course, as would be a return to Ireland.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

The IRFU would be better off using their money to put into the domestic and women's game.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:34 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:09 pm I don't think any PRL team would risk upsetting any sponsors, rightly or wrongly he could be described as a risky signing and nothing to do with his rugby in the daft woke era.
I don't think he would be seen as a high risk signing now from a commercial perspective. LI did the ground work and took any heat. A few years passed and no big deal there after Guinness initially withdrew.

No big deal there even before Guinness withdrew.

Guinness had already made the decision to withdraw and had infromed LI long before LI decided to sign Paddy.

Guinness then used Paddy's signing for their own hypocritical purposes and announced him as the reason they wewre pulling out. No mention that they were pulling out anyway.

Ironic that all that happened between Paddy and the others largely happened under the influence of Guinness products (and other brewers, I'm sure), but so long as they say "please drink responsibly" none of the blame rubs off on them, but they take the bloody profits quick enough.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:08 pm

Guinness had already made the decision to withdraw and had infromed LI long before LI decided to sign Paddy.

Guinness then used Paddy's signing for their own hypocritical purposes and announced him as the reason they wewre pulling out. No mention that they were pulling out anyway.

Ironic that all that happened between Paddy and the others largely happened under the influence of Guinness products (and other brewers, I'm sure), but so long as they say "please drink responsibly" none of the blame rubs off on them, but they take the bloody profits quick enough.
Always allow myself a wry smile when drink manufacturers come over all moralistic.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:25 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:08 pm

Always allow myself a wry smile when drink manufacturers come over all moralistic.
I know Guinness/Diageo won't be overly worried, but I haven't touched any of their products since that episode, and I used to love Guinness and Hop House 13.

Thank goodness they had sold Bushmills a number of years before that. Don't think I could hold such principles if I couldn't touch Bush!.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right