Petries Answering Questions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Petries Answering Questions

Post by HammerTime »

Unless it was marketed well, ticket prices dropped slightly along with an upturn in team performances. All unlikely.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:17 am
Marco wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:53 am I know for a fact that they’re looking at filling in the corners, but there’s no money lads, nada, albeit that pitchgate, £500k drunk down the drain, just should not have happened, and does annoy.
Unless and until Ulster are regularly selling out Ravenspan, it doesn't make economic sense to fill in the corners. Plans were drawn up at the same time as the ground was redeveloped and paid for by British Government, and maybe we could have pushed our luck for the extra dosh to do it then, but the simple fact is (and was) that unless you're consistently getting 18,200 (or 16,700 under existing covid restrictions), there's really not a lot of point in increasing to 22k-23k by adding seats that would be amongst the least desirable in the ground.

But yes, Pitchgate and the loss of £500k-£700k or whatever it actually amounted to, really should not have happened.

The Buffalo Bills played the Pittsburg Steelers last night, at -20 Celsius, and after 40 inches, yes 40 inches, of snow was dumped and cleared up over the weekend. I think it was -5 that week in Belfast, with no significant snow, which was forecast in advance. History now.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bunch of kids stood behind me last season and started taking the pi$h about the corners not being filled in.

I mean it’s not like NI is renowned for its sporting arenas.

Beats the cricket where you’ve got to take your seat from a pile of them in the hedge and wait for your ale to be walked over from a bar four hundred yards away.

And that’s if they haven’t moved the game to Chelmsford because they think the weather will be better.