Ireland world cup games 2023

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Ireland world cup games 2023

Post by Dharper »

:red:
Bobbievee wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:01 am Lealifano No 10 for Tonga. Excellent. Good luck to him.
Loyal to Ulster during his short stay here
Super player, big enough to handle himself, and like all class players seemed have extra time on the ball…came across as a genuinely lovely fella too. Good luck to him.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:01 am Lealifano No 10 for Tonga. Excellent. Good luck to him.
I would love it, just love it if Tonga... etc.. K.Keegan :bounce:
Exterminate all rational thought
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

:red:
Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:39 pm That's McCloskey not getting a game then

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
3 physical games to come yet, prior to the all encompassing QF if we play to our ability….that’s a long time in Int Rugby. Injuries and bans are ever present dangers. The big man is a great safety blanket to have for Ire at 12, not a fan of utility men doing a job in the centres personally not at the very top level.

The 6NS showed SMcC was every bit an Int centre, dare I say it it even shut up a few Dublin/Leinster centric journos.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dharper wrote::red:
Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:39 pm That's McCloskey not getting a game then

3 physical games to come yet, prior to the all encompassing QF if we play to our ability….that’s a long time in Int Rugby. Injuries and bans are ever present dangers. The big man is a great safety blanket to have for Ire at 12, not a fan of utility men doing a job in the centres personally not at the very top level.

The 6NS showed SMcC was every bit an Int centre, dare I say it it even shut up a few Dublin/Leinster centric journos.
No way he's getting a game now. Ireland will get beat by NZ in the QFs and he'll be home without a cap

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bundee has served me well in the Fantasy League tbf.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

This Ireland squad has done that which others failed do ----convincingly score trys against minnows but now the serious stuff starts where Ireland will have to play like Ireland --and defend .

I think the points difference is sufficient to allow Ireland to lose one of the next two games .

Thus thus the game they must win is against South Africa and keep an Eye on the Scots performance against the lesser sides.

If all is well going into the game against the Scots then a few players could be rested before the quarters .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:52 pm
I apologised on the other thread.......Lealiifano for Samoa!! Bobbievee is an idiot :roll: :roll: :roll:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:17 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:52 pm
I apologised on the other thread.......Lealiifano for Samoa!! Bobbievee is an idiot :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's all very flexible these days so your confusion can be forgiven.

I have it on good authority that JGP and Aki are going to declare for Middle Earth when they reach 45 and are no longer guaranteed an automatic start for Ireland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
chunky
Novice

Post by chunky »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:40 am This Ireland squad has done that which others failed do ----convincingly score trys against minnows but now the serious stuff starts where Ireland will have to play like Ireland --and defend .

I think the points difference is sufficient to allow Ireland to lose one of the next two games .

Thus thus the game they must win is against South Africa and keep an Eye on the Scots performance against the lesser sides.

If all is well going into the game against the Scots then a few players could be rested before the quarters .
The decider is head to head result, not points difference, so a loss to the Scots could well send us home, regardless of points difference.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

chunky wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:40 am This Ireland squad has done that which others failed do ----convincingly score trys against minnows but now the serious stuff starts where Ireland will have to play like Ireland --and defend .

The decider is head to head result, not points difference, so a loss to the Scots could well send us home, regardless of points difference.
Unless we beat South Africa in which case each of IRL, SCO & RSA have each won one, lost one against the others so probably bonus points and then points difference comes into it.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

This morning I was asked how to buy an Ireland rugby shirt in England. A little online search found the UK Rugby store, with some interesting names on their 'concept' shirts 11 and 12. https://www.ukrugbystore.com/collections/ireland?page=2
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Some of those tops would look better at Parkhead or a Wolfe Tones gig populated by Divis Spides
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 pm Some of those tops would look better at Parkhead or a Wolfe Tones gig populated by Divis Spides
Ideal for Plastic Paddies.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Akin to the types of Ireland tops you could buy at Lidl.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:03 am Akin to the types of Ireland tops you could buy at Lidl.
Worse Mum. And this is an English website. Thought it was 'merican at the start >clover >clover