£900k in the hole 22/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: £900k in the hole 22/23

Post by Dave »

earl the beaver wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:04 pm
earl the beaver wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:24 pm Speaking of holes...as in golf. Is local a-hole Rory McIlroy still not backing his favourite team?
He's never backed us and why the asshole comment?
Yeah he's never backed us. Arsehole.
We've never courted private investment like Munster and Leinster did for certain deals so there's never been any investment.

Again, why the arsehole comment?
We sold our stadium name. We would sell the team name at the right price. We would love some of Rory's gold. We don't deserve it though. Plus it's his hard earned cash. May as well throw it down F1 drains than Ulster drains. He's probably still bitter about Darren Cave'e face not fitting.

I probably don't really think he's an asswipe. So I wouldn't be offended by it. Words on a screen should not need to bother anyone. Thoughts or opinions in someone else's head? Forget about that. It's just an electrical impulse between synaptic pathways. I just see people as a bunch of cells responding to their own programming. Nothing to be taken as personal.

Peace.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 pm
earl the beaver wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:24 pm Speaking of holes...as in golf. Is local a-hole Rory McIlroy still not backing his favourite team?
Bit harsh Dave. What about the Rockets?

Probably had a look on here and decided he didn’t want to be associated with that bunch of areseholes……..in any guise. Sometimes I am not sure myself!
Hi Rory, if you see this comment, I'm sorry. I love you, really. We should name an airport after you. Image
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Bit harsh Dave. What about the Rockets?
He's probably one of the best shaggers we've ever produced but even one of his rockets couldn't flatten a hospital.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Stadium name and jersey rights will be up for sale next year .

Put Paddy Jackson in the new name jersey the photo would go viral what price the rights ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

From Munsterfans forum. Pot kettle from a Province that had to be bailed out of debt by FIRFU and still hides its annual accounts.

"Strangely enough after a couple of barron seasons following the Covid interrupted years, Ulster have somehow posted almost €1m losses for last season.

This can not be a good thing for Irish rugby.

Ulster, despite the relatively large rugby playing population, significant number of rugby playing fee paying schools and much larger supporter base than many, have decided to based their model around foreign and Irish imports which has likely added to their issues."
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:05 am From Munsterfans forum. Pot kettle from a Province that had to be bailed out of debt by FIRFU and still hides its annual accounts.

"Strangely enough after a couple of barron seasons following the Covid interrupted years, Ulster have somehow posted almost €1m losses for last season.

Ulster, despite the relatively large rugby playing population, significant number of rugby playing fee paying schools and much larger supporter base than many, have decided to based their model around foreign and Irish imports which has likely added to their issues."
I do agree with the sentiment, haven't looked at the accounts for the covid years but it is inexcusable to not make a profit after what, I imagine, would have been heavy losses.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I can't remember the outcome of the investigation into the frozen pitch debacle. A 700k chunk was quoted as missed revenue as a result. Quite the f*CK up by someone. Or was it playable as suggested. Did any of that missing revenue come back from insurance or FIRFU?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jetstream wrote:From Munsterfans forum. Pot kettle from a Province that had to be bailed out of debt by FIRFU and still hides its annual accounts.

What fee paying schools? I can only think of one

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:41 pm
Jetstream wrote:From Munsterfans forum. Pot kettle from a Province that had to be bailed out of debt by FIRFU and still hides its annual accounts.

Campbell charge fairly hefty top up fees but I think Rockport is the only one that totally fits that description although they wouldn't have the numbers to compete at rugby.
Paddy Wallace did go there mind.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:58 pm

Campbell charge fairly hefty top up fees but I think Rockport is the only one that totally fits that description although they wouldn't have the numbers to compete at rugby.

Yep, as did Gary Lightbody, I believe.
They've got a golf academy but I don't know if they have any budding Open winners.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:27 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:58 pm

Yep, as did Gary Lightbody, I believe.
They've got a golf academy but I don't know if they have any budding Open winners.
Sailing's the other big sport.

Suffice to say, I doubt if Blackrock will be looking over their shoulders
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:05 am From Munsterfans forum. Pot kettle from a Province that had to be bailed out of debt by FIRFU and still hides its annual accounts.

You are definitely right on the pot/kettle analogy…

https://x.com/rugbyanalytica/status/172 ... vsz5BFsfNg
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s been a “barron” season at Munster so far, much to the chagrin of Niall Scannell.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

richardt84 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:33 pm

You are definitely right on the pot/kettle analogy…

https://x.com/rugbyanalytica/status/172 ... vsz5BFsfNg
Munster Rugby is being charged an interest rate of 1 per cent by the IRFU according to that link
That is a wonderful piece of business by IRFU.
Average mortgage interest in ROI is around 4 per cent. So IRFU is losing around £180,000 per year on the loan
Please IRFU can I have a loan at 1 per cent .
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Last accounts I can find on line for Thomond Park Stadium Company DAC are for the year ended 31 July 2021
They showed a loss after tax of 1.1 million euro.
I have no idea what the Munster branch financial position is.
Up until a few years ago they used to make their accounts open to their clubs. They seemed to have stopped this. I wonder why!