Connacht V Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Connacht V Ulster

Post by So It Is »

Ulster: Will Addison; Aaron Sexton, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Jake Flannery, Dave Shanahan; Eric O'Sullivan, John Andrew, James French; Alan O'Connor (capt), Harry Sheridan; Matty Rea, Reuben Crothers, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Andy Warwick, Greg McGrath, Joe Hopes, David McCann, Nathan Doak, Billy Burns, Ben Moxham.

Jaysus.

Its like Dan doesn't want to win, or even have a chance of winning. The lads have had 4 months off scratching themselves and have played 2 games, the whole rotation argument is ballex here.

Bolded above should be nowhere near the first team in general. Italics are players that have potential but playing away to Connacht is not a good idea. I'm being kind to McIlroy, Flannery, French and McGrath but I'm not overly convinced.
flatpass
Novice

Re: Connacht V Ulster

Post by flatpass »

So It Is wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:01 pm Ulster: Will Addison; Aaron Sexton, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Jake Flannery, Dave Shanahan; Eric O'Sullivan, John Andrew, James French; Alan O'Connor (capt), Harry Sheridan; Matty Rea, Reuben Crothers, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Andy Warwick, Greg McGrath, Joe Hopes, David McCann, Nathan Doak, Billy Burns, Ben Moxham.

Jaysus.

Its like Dan doesn't want to win, or even have a chance of winning. The lads have had 4 months off scratching themselves and have played 2 games, the whole rotation argument is ballex here.

Bolded above should be nowhere near the first team in general. Italics are players that have potential but playing away to Connacht is not a good idea. I'm being kind to McIlroy, Flannery, French and McGrath but I'm not overly convinced.
Apparently 19 of the squad are unavailable either through injury or IRFU protocols.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

After some consternation at Paddy Power HQ, they’ve finally Googled half our team and settled on giving us only a seven point headstart.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Connacht:
15. Tiernan O’Halloran (223)
14. Byron Ralston (17)
13. Tom Farrell (101)
12. Cathal Forde (15)
11. Diarmuid Kilgallen (18)
10. Jack Carty (196)
9. Caolin Blade (172)
1. Denis Buckley (230)
2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (26)
3. Jack Aungier (52)
4. Oisín Dowling (46)
5. Joe Joyce (2)
6. Shamus Hurley-Langton (22)
7. Conor Oliver (64)
8. Cian Prendergast (49)

16. Tadgh McElroy (2)
17. Jordan Duggan (40)
18. Dominic Robertson-McCoy (81)
19. Niall Murray (58)
20. Jarrad Butler (116)
21. Colm Reilly (19)
22. David Hawkshaw (14)
23. Andrew Smith (1)

Acutely worried about that front row and we're also well out-classed in the half-backs, but there's also a good few names there I'm not too familiar with. Wonder how many they've got unavailable?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Difficult to see how we get anything out of this game.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Not that many missing for them really. They binned off quite a few last year.

JJH got injured last week. Boyle. Heffernan. Porch mustn’t be quite ready. The few they had at the WC.

Joyce is the somewhat uncompromising second row from Bristol.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:17 pm Not that many missing for them really. They binned off quite a few last year.

JJH got injured last week. Boyle. Heffernan. Porch mustn’t be quite ready. The few they had at the WC.

I thought he was one of them Traveller Joyce's you see calling out people shirtless and p*ssed on on U Toob, but same thing really I suppose.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

The Westies team has been going well, we're in for a hoking. Matty ffs? A winger with no pace and one who's handless.
Jacob and Rob definitely needed a rest given the frenetic year they've had :roll:
French starting?

Where's Greg Jones when you need him to rally the troops with Stentorian Churchillian oratory?

Is Dan Cowboy in disguise?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Stockdale, Lowry and Baloucoune are doing as injured.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:24 pm
justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:17 pm Not that many missing for them really. They binned off quite a few last year.

I thought he was one of them Traveller Joyce's you see calling out people shirtless and p*ssed on on U Toob, but same thing really I suppose.
His family hail from the wilds of Co Galway so you never know.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Big-al wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:04 pm Stockdale, Lowry and Baloucoune are doing as injured.
Ok so. When was that announced? Knew about Lowry tbf
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Mr Morne Ferreira, a 29 year old Saffer, is the man awarding Connacht’s tries tomorrow.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

A way back I remember the crying on here when the kids were sent to Munster and proved us all wrong with the win.

Don’t see it happening tomorrow but we can hope.
Happy with a losing bonus.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The kids are fine - it’s Shanners and Rea that are the worry!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

SparkyClarky wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:37 pm A way back I remember the crying on here when the kids were sent to Munster and proved us all wrong with the win.

Don’t see it happening tomorrow but we can hope.
Happy with a losing bonus.
Glad to see Crothers and Hopes get blooded just not all at once! The paucity at TH with no sign yet of MM is very concerning. Surely the combined salaries of French and McGrath would've covered JTA FFS?