Glasgow v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Glasgow v Ulster

Post by jean valjean »

Young guys are throwing everything at at it but the Glasgow experience starting to tell up front. Can't see us winning from here unless kitscoff can turn the scrum around. Losing burns has been costly also in terms of direction going forward.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Addison is a liability. Sad to say
Dura lex sed lex
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Thelaw wrote:Addison is a liability. Sad to say
Stockdale missing from the fight also.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Actually all the back three are missing
Dura lex sed lex
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

We're still in this but not looking great.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Discipline has been really bad, we have been utterly dominated for the last hour.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:12 pm We're still in this but not looking great.
Not any more, I'm afraid.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Can we nab their coach??
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Shanahan looked very good again after coming on. Whisper it quietly, but on this form might he be pushing his way up the pecking order?

Think we lost a bit of shape in attack with the Burns injury, pleasantly surprised with how our back row has got on, all three of the lads have put in a shift to be proud of. Think all three of them starting at once though left us a bit light and we've been second best at the breakdown all night, which has taken it's toll as the game has gone on.

Addison gets a bit of slack, given the injury(s) he's coming back from, but a few flashes outside he's not been great this year. The 15 berth is very much up for grabs at the minute.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

:duh: No doubt "we'll take the learnings going forward". >threaten
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:26 pm
Addison gets a bit of slack, given the injury(s) he's coming back from, but a few flashes outside he's not been great this year. The 15 berth is very much up for grabs at the minute.
And he wears tights ffs
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Men against boys told in the end. No criticism of the back row they all tackled and carried their hearts out. Mcnabney had a really good 1st half but faded as to be expected. Losing burns was the ending of the game for me, doak probably hasn't had a run at 10 for a long time and it showed.
I'd like to get another crack at them later in the competition, reckon we'd have 5-6 changes in the pack with big stu and little stu into the backs. What do we do with our back 3? On paper it is an international class trio but none of them are showing the fight when the going gets tough.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

I've been very concerned about the mentality of this squad for some time. When we start well all it takes is one moment to go against us and we never seem to gain the upper hand again. Same happened again tonight, we hardly fired a shot after they scored their first try and spent the whole time defending.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Turning point was Weegies 3rd try to take the lead. Nevr gonna relinquish it from that point.

And what was particularly galling about it was it came from a penalty when Jacob got isolated and Addison went off is feet, BUT both chasers for Glasgow were clearly ahead of the kicker - should have been a penalty to Ulster,

Yellow card for Tredderswas salt in the wound then too.

Ben Whitehouse is going backwards in my opinion and in danger of getting as bad as his old man. Very very picky on somethings and not on others, but no consistency in his application.

Not sure if he is getting worse or just becoming mopre of a homer. How many times were penalties and scrums given at the wrong place - TMO should have helped him out, but mostly they involved Glasgow gaining 2-5m, albeit there was at least one scrum where we gained ground.

I hate gurnoing about refs, because generally they make fewer errors than the players, but I watched most of that match worrying about what he was goinne do next.

Rant over! >#

for now
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mea97mb wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:33 pm I've been very concerned about the mentality of this squad for some time. When we start well all it takes is one moment to go against us and we never seem to gain the upper hand again. Same happened again tonight, we hardly fired a shot after they scored their first try and spent the whole time defending.
Could question then how come we came back against Munster and nilled them for 60 minutes after going behind early on?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right