Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Horse15
Novice

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by Horse15 »

Was at the game, what a capitulation. How many times did get caught with ball at the back of a ruck, the guy is not a 9. Another problem of nepotism running through Ulster. Moore was player of the match for me.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:07 pm Wonder what positives we can take out of that. It wasn't quite as embarrassing as Sale away last year maybe?

There were a couple of decent individual performances from within the side, but as a whole it wasn't pretty. Bath looked alright as a team, but a couple of years ago I think we'd have been putting that team to the sword.
MR that Bath team were not as physical as Sale. For me its on a par. But we have nowhere to go- a coaching team led by a guy who cant motivate a reasonably talented squad, who doesnt want to be there, and bereft of ideas; a very poor coaching team, and players who seemingly have no belief in themselves or more importantly said coaches.
But- unless the FIRFU grasp the nettle- we are in a loveless marriage, spiralling ever downwards, as we cant afford the needed divorce. Fans will vote with their feet. DF should've been gone last year, arguably 2 years ago, but we offered him a new f#cking contract. This will get much worse before it gets better- probably outside the top 8 and not in the Champions cup. Who would you bet on us beating in the URC top 8 with opponents having a fully loaded squad available? To me thats when FIRFU have to step in.

We are a team in permanent existential crisis.

We are however stuck with this sh#tshow for now. Players should be embarrassed. It funny how UR drags good players like MAD and Ewers down to their level of mediocrity - it was ever so.

UR is rotten to the core with no winning culture and players in safe comfortable contracts. Rea, Jones, McIroy, Sexton, Moxham, McGrath etc are glaring examples of this tolerance. Plus self inflicted issues such as Pitchgate. I'm bored saying this repeatedly as much as I'm sure you're hearing it from me. Bar Kiss/ Gibbes fiasco, this is the most poorly coached squad since before McGlocks and 2008/9. DF has presided over some of our heaviest defeats ever and most embarassing results.
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

pip14 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:19 pm Anyone have Brian McLaughlins number?

Also Ewers, what a complete waste of money
Ewers was outstanding in a very good Exeter team. I suggest you look at the coaching team Pip
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:34 pm Following two significant defeats and a draw for the Irish provinces, coupled with the likelihood of another loss tomorrow, the IRFU might find themselves under increased scrutiny. Their relatively unchallenged status could be coming to an end.

It’s got to get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. URC in general taken a battering
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Marco wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:26 pm Just a word about Bath, well deserved, great fans, nothing over the top, won absolutely fair and square, cracking wee ground. Imagine how good they'd be if they get a 3G pitch.....
+ 1. Great place to visit and watch rugby. Their fans are always good natured, tolerant and knowledgeable- classy
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dharper wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:55 pm https://twitter.com/nickwebb2017/status ... ckwebb2017

Pretty grumpy.

Coaching may be poor, but the players need to also take accountability for their own performance levels too. Maybe the environment is a little too “comfortable.” Poor performances easily forgiven and forgotten. UR need a couple of nasty b@stards on and off the pitch.
If thats his demeanour, no wonder we have no fire. Nothing insightful to say
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

I'd say he's at the stage now were he's just hanging in there for a payout.

UR will probably get decent takings at the ticket booth and bars next werk due to early Christmas presents/work dos, but the Connacht and Toulouse home games could be a washout in terms of attendance if they don't turn the tide, giving us even less money to pay Dan off with.

Need Rory to join LIV so he can bail us out :cheers: :fleg:
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

As CIman says the demeanour tells a story. Arrogance personified. Complete failure to accept any failings on his part. I cannot recall any occasion when McF has genuinely fronted up to his responsibility. Like Johnson in the Covid inquiry. I confess that I have never warmed to McF and his litany of Eddie Jones style excuses. Ulster Rugby have continually appointed this type of coach who talks a good story but fails to deliver. The renewal of his contract I found hard to believe. I still believe that something very strange went on when McGlocks was shown the door. He and Harry Williams were the last coaches I liked. Both Ulstermen I note although I detested the kick tennis tyle of play favoured by Neil Doak from which we are still suffering.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:52 am

Ewers was outstanding in a very good Exeter team. I suggest you look at the coaching team Pip
That was 3 seasons ago.
Ewers was on the bench last season. Age has caught up with him.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

In the past you could count on ulster following up a crap performance with a reaction the following week. I get the feeling now that isn't even possible given the lack of squad collectiveness and general leadership from the coaching ticket. Its been galling to watch how we have stalled for 2 seasons now.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

So It Is wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:11 am I'd say he's at the stage now were he's just hanging in there for a payout.

UR will probably get decent takings at the ticket booth and bars next werk due to early Christmas presents/work dos, but the Connacht and Toulouse home games could be a washout in terms of attendance if they don't turn the tide, giving us even less money to pay Dan off with.

Train/bus strike next Saturday, reckon 12-13,000 tops, but hope I’m wrong
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Big-al wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:33 am

That was 3 seasons ago.

I for one thought Ewers could/should be a great signing. He is still young enough for a good couple of seasons, was a leader in a very good Exeter team, comes from an environment with a winning mentality and is an abrasive player with a bit of grit.

As you say he'd mainly been benching for Exeter lately, but I'd like to assume that that's also had an impact on the price tag he came with. Without knowing details of his contract I'd hope as a signing he'll be giving us good bang for buck.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Big-al wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:33 am

That was 3 seasons ago.
He's only 32 Al. should be peaking
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Marco wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:27 pm
So It Is wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:11 am I'd say he's at the stage now were he's just hanging in there for a payout.

Train/bus strike next Saturday, reckon 12-13,000 tops, but hope I’m wrong
Id be surprised we get 10k. Weegies only had 6k for Saints which surprised me. I think many see these fixtures as dead rubbers already
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Looking at the table, we will really struggle to make the top 4, given harlequins have won away from home and both them and Bath still have to play Cardiff.
Is 5th place and a drop into the challenge Cup the target now?