Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster wheeling out the big guns to shift tickets for this game with the transport strike >EW .

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Post by So It Is »

Is he gone yet?
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

For me, Marcus Rea starts this week alongside Ewers and Timoney. Our breakdown has been terrible this season and although he hasn’t been hitting the heights of a few seasons ago he is still our biggest ruck threat. If Racing get quick ball at the breakdown they will put a cricket score on us. At least we know on his day he is capable of putting in a big performance, not sure we can say that about any of the alternatives yet.

Herring and Moore also to start in the front row, and a serious argument for Sheridan to start alongside Hendy in the second row imo. Set piece would be my only concern for that combination.

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod at half back, especially with the doubts about Burns’ fitness.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

https://ulster.rugby/content/squad-upda ... RT3wNao1a4

Of interest:

No front 5 injuries.
Rea may be available, and absolutely no mention of Sheridan being injured…..he is good to go and should be involved for me. If we sit back Racing will murder us, sheridans abrasiveness is needed, let’s play him against a big French pack and see what dog is in him. It’s going to take a huge pack performance, and low mistakes by the backs.
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

At 9 and 10 you will probably see Cooney and Doak, which is a complete farce.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Dharper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:52 pm https://ulster.rugby/content/squad-upda ... RT3wNao1a4

Of interest:

No front 5 injuries.
Rea may be available, and absolutely no mention of Sheridan being injured…..he is good to go and should be involved for me. If we sit back Racing will murder us, sheridans abrasiveness is needed, let’s play him against a big French pack and see what dog is in him. It’s going to take a huge pack performance, and low mistakes by the backs.
Moxham out for nine months with a torn ACL. Not surprised to hear it given how bad the incident looked, but that is grim. Hope the surgery he's no doubt having/had is successful.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Sad news for the guy. Had been reading an article about artificial pitches and the prevalence of injuries caused by 'turf toe'. This is where a players big toe catches on the surface and gets stuck as opposed to a grass pitch where it would normally give way.
Certainly loked like mcilroy suffered it which made him drop height the time he got knocked out. Moxham seemed to get his leg stuck under him for the knee injury.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:17 pm Sad news for the guy. Had been reading an article about artificial pitches and the prevalence of injuries caused by 'turf toe'. This is where a players big toe catches on the surface and gets stuck as opposed to a grass pitch where it would normally give way.
Certainly loked like mcilroy suffered it which made him drop height the time he got knocked out. Moxham seemed to get his leg stuck under him for the knee injury.
Strange to have an ACL tear from turf-toe, shirley?

You'd think turf toe would be an injury to the (big) toe, that's caused by turf :shock:

I know it started being diagnosed more in USA when they started using artificial turf, but that also coincided with wearing of lighter shoes which many think has had as much to do with this injury to the toe.

The clue's in the name, is it not? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Lest We Forget, it will officially be DAY 6167.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:17 pm Sad news for the guy. Had been reading an article about artificial pitches and the prevalence of injuries caused by 'turf toe'. This is where a players big toe catches on the surface and gets stuck as opposed to a grass pitch where it would normally give way.
Strange to have an ACL tear from turf-toe, shirley?

You'd think turf toe would be an injury to the (big) toe, that's caused by turf :shock:

I know it started being diagnosed more in USA when they started using artificial turf, but that also coincided with wearing of lighter shoes which many think has had as much to do with this injury to the toe.

The clue's in the name, is it not? :duck:
Yip but if the injury doesn't happen to the big toe then the knock on effect of stumbling etc is a real threat.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dharper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:52 pm https://ulster.rugby/content/squad-upda ... RT3wNao1a4

Of interest:

No front 5 injuries.
Gusher made a comment about Sheridan being injured during Barf match, but radio silence elsewhere which make you doubt the veracity of his comment. Maybe he's as puzzled as we are. Racing will tremble to face Matty. Maybe he can give them Feng Shui tips on how to rearrange Ulsters pack all over the park like scatter cushions
Exterminate all rational thought
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Possibly nothing but Sheridan was in this weeks "training video" so maybe available? Then again so was Mattie Rea..
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

suppose that is decent
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

I'm sorry, Matty Rea at 8?!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looks like someone is trying to get sacked. Wants the payout.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?