Harlequins v Ulster Sat Jan 20 1pm KO TNT Sports 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Harlequins v Ulster Sat Jan 20 1pm KO TNT Sports 2

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:36 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:14 pm Sounds like some of our travelling army have had their weekend capped off by their flight to Dublin landing in……

Manchester.

Still, I’m sure the players are hurting far more.
They’ve been on the runway in Manchester for five hours….

No doubt others have had their flights back cancelled too.

Hang in there guys!
Looking for a lot more posts on this thread and others by the morning.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Some fans returning from London have landed at Aldergrove but aren't allowed off the plane due to the storm🙈🙊🙉
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

International is just a shyte airport regardless... in Copengagen currently, (and also Reykjavik/ other airports), baggage is waiting for you _ in Belfast Int it takes nearly as long as the flight with no other flights due., Dublin as bad. Fingers crossed all got home
Exterminate all rational thought
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:12 pm [album][/album]
solidarity wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:53 pm And here was me thinking that assisted suicide was illegal.

Not today, it wasn't.
THe only plus side is that nobody died today . . . that I know about

and yes, I get the point and don't really welcome comments about the death of Ulsyter Rugby etc etc ad nauseum - It is self apparent, and yet it's not. :roll:
A couple of people in my company were a pretty close call.

We reckon there was an incident where people's drinks were being spiked with more drink.

:stout:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:14 am Some fans returning from London have landed at Aldergrove but aren't allowed off the plane due to the storm🙈🙊🙉
I think there were 7 planes waiting to deboard.

I used the my usual sods-law logic and went for a pss. As predicted, while I'm in the confines of Trap Port/For'd, they start letting everyone off.

I don't expect any thanks for this service.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Looks like the winner of our match will face the winner of Clermont vs Treviso then likely the winner of Hollywoodbet Sharks vs Bayonne at semi-final.

I think we have the harder side of the draw.
Klinger
Novice

Post by Klinger »

Montpellier are bottom of the Top14 and have lost 9 of their 12 games so far this season. :shock:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Big-al wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:40 pm Looks like the winner of our match will face the winner of Clermont vs Treviso then likely the winner of Hollywoodbet Sharks vs Bayonne at semi-final.

I think we have the harder side of the draw.
Clermont (4) / Cheetahs (13) in QF with Sharks (1) / Zebre (16) and Edinburgh (8 / Bayonne (9) also in our half. Given our seeding of 12, would only host Cheetahs and Zebre in a game.

From what I read in the competition rules, no restriction on Sharks having a home semi final down in Durban unlike the Champions Cup where semi finals have to be played in Europe.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Do ulster get a split of the gate income?
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Klinger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:44 pm Montpellier are bottom of the Top14 and have lost 9 of their 12 games so far this season. :shock:
They'll at least get some confidence when they play us :duck:
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I wouldn’t trust this squad of putting 2 quality performances together, nevermind 4. A big pack, a 10 with a decent boot, and 2 solid centres are enough to beat this squad most times especially away from home, and that is what you get against the French. If we made the last 4 I’d be amazed.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dharper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 pm I wouldn’t trust this squad of putting 2 quality performances together, nevermind 4. A big pack, a 10 with a decent boot, and 2 solid centres are enough to beat this squad most times especially away from home, and that is what you get against the French. If we made the last 4 I’d be amazed.
Agree 100%.

You could see the Harlequins coaches and staff giggling at one another after the first Lynagh try. I’m sure they told the player pre-match to keep their defensive shape and wait until Ulster screw things up.

We were turned a few times straight off set piece. Early on the second half they took it up and there was no Ulster clear out (which points out a poorly coached side or just thick players) & Matty Rea getting stripped of the ball during a carry, which he should be embarrassed about as no blindside flanker worthy of the jersey should be getting stripped in contact.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Big-al wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:16 pm
You could see the Harlequins coaches and staff giggling at one another after the first Lynagh try. I’m sure they told the player pre-match to keep their defensive shape and wait until Ulster screw things up.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Dharper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 pm I wouldn’t trust this squad of putting 2 quality performances together, nevermind 4. A big pack, a 10 with a decent boot, and 2 solid centres are enough to beat this squad most times especially away from home, and that is what you get against the French. If we made the last 4 I’d be amazed.
Agree 100%.

We were turned a few times straight off set piece. Early on the second half they took it up and there was no Ulster clear out (which points out a poorly coached side or just thick players) & Matty Rea getting stripped of the ball during a carry, which he should be embarrassed about as no blindside flanker worthy of the jersey should be getting stripped in contact.
The laughter wasn’t confined to the coaches as the Baloucoune error had several Harlequins fans near me laughing at how easy it was. I don’t think they could believe how easy the game was turning out to be at that stage. I felt for Baloucoune at that stage as he is like Addison in that the approach seems to be to try to play him in to form and he just looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there in that moment.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

richardt84 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 pm
Agree 100%.

The laughter wasn’t confined to the coaches as the Baloucoune error had several Harlequins fans near me laughing at how easy it was. I don’t think they could believe how easy the game was turning out to be at that stage. I felt for Baloucoune at that stage as he is like Addison in that the approach seems to be to try to play him in to form and he just looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there in that moment.
Yes, I couldn’t see as far as the bench…but I had to fairly sharply tell Lionel sitting next to me that I had seen RB score at a hat trick in Toulouse.

Don’t think he believed me.

But if you’re saying that Bobby should not be starting for us at the moment then you’re ahem bob-on.

He’s massively lacking in form and confidence.