Squire

Re: 6 Nations 2024

Post by mea97mb »

Clear no arms tackle on him as well which was ignored
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Joe Schmo wrote:Surely it was the downward pressure that caused that ball to scoot backwards after it hit the ground. That was a nuts decision imo.
Ignored the head shot to furlong as well. Is that not the same TMO who cheated ulster in Cape Town also?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Anyone on here feel the need to film a lineout on their mobile?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:38 pm Was hard listening to the song 'four proud provinces of Ireland' when there isn't an Ulsterman in sight!
Ironically, they’re making a good stab at ‘Ulstering’ the title at the moment.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Meh!
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Lowe left on his ars for try. If that was an Ulster winger the media would be talking about it for next 6 months.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:18 pm Commentary on itv is painful, truly awful.
THey even suggested Scotland had 3 minutes to get a drop goal to win the match - when they got to 4 points behind. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:01 pm Surely it was the downward pressure that caused that ball to scoot backwards after it hit the ground. That was a nuts decision imo.
I thought it was a knock-on by Scotland.

Anyone think Finn Russell could just as easily have been sin-binned (or worse) for leading with a stiff forearm when the clash of heads happened? Byrne's tecknique was bizarre, but maybe his reaction was protecting himself from being beheaded by an elbow or forearm?
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jetstream wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 pm Lowe left on his ars for try. If that was an Ulster winger the media would be talking about it for next 6 months.
True, but Lowe has earned the right to make the odd mistake.

Before the RWC, I thought he was lucky to even be in the squad, but (I hate to admit it) he's improved immeasurably in the past year. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

English commenters are a real pain in the R/s

There are few playing their last season I think and Capt I’m not sure how much Lowe has improved he keeps his place for his kick and catch game most of his trys are close to being walk overs
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm
Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:01 pm Surely it was the downward pressure that caused that ball to scoot backwards after it hit the ground. That was a nuts decision imo.

Anyone think Finn Russell could just as easily have been sin-binned (or worse) for leading with a stiff forearm
when the clash of heads happened? Byrne's tecknique was bizarre, but maybe his reaction was protecting himself from being beheaded by an elbow or forearm?
O'Mahoney was guilty of an even more blatant example of that earlier in the game.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Anyone think Finn Russell could just as easily have been sin-binned (or worse) for leading with a stiff forearm
when the clash of heads happened? Byrne's tecknique was bizarre, but maybe his reaction was protecting himself from being beheaded by an elbow or forearm?
O'Mahoney was guilty of an even more blatant example of that earlier in the game.
Only one? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 pm .... Capt I’m not sure how much Lowe has improved he keeps his place for his kick and catch game most of his trys are close to being walk overs
Thanks for your considered opinion Rumn. :salut:

It helps confirm my belief that I'm not wrong. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:02 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Only one? :lol:
He was going for a YC hat trick

A fav 6N game in our house is the Porter claret sweepstakes. My son in law claimed 7 mins today. Why doesn't he wear a scrumcap or is the "blood soaked hero'" a look he actively cultivates?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Anyone think Finn Russell could just as easily have been sin-binned (or worse) for leading with a stiff forearm when the clash of heads happened? Byrne's tecknique was bizarre, but maybe his reaction was protecting himself from being beheaded by an elbow or forearm?
If he'd gone in lower, he'd have been straight into Russell's fend. But hey, protection from head injuries is only for ball carriers.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk