Reset button required?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Reset button required?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:47 pm

Now is a time for calm heads, hold the line
3%
McFarseland out
14%
Cunningham out
No votes
Petrie out
3%
All out
80%

Total votes: 35

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Reset button required?

Post by justinr73 »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 am All need to go but player power at Ulster needs sorted also. I've heard of plenty of stories about cocky players but one that always annoyed me from years ago is hearing about Robbie Diack challenging Brian McLaughlin in front of the whole group that he didn't rate his coaching. Now, all I remember Robbie Diack for is being soft as sh!te and single handedly costing us the 2013 final at the RDS. Who tf is he to come out with something like that, especially after said coach got us to a European Cup final the year before. These boys think they are something, as said on here many times before ... more happy to be strutting about the coffee shops of the Lisburn Road in their tracksuits or picking up their new motor at Bavarian BMW. The guys at Leinster must be p!shing themselves laughing at these losers. In the grand scheme of things (Irish Rugby) they are absolute nobody's. Also rans. A collective joke. Look at the plethora of coaches we've had and not one of them has been able to do anything with this lot. Does that not say something?? In saying that, DMF out. Cunningham out. Petrie out! And take a third of the squad with you.
This is where some of you need to realise that you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

It’s all very well dreaming of a team of Ulstermen but the reality of that in this tiny place is that you’re ending up with a a bunch of feted over, mollycoddled manchilds whose mums make their tea and wash their clothes until they’re 35.

It’s no wonder they’re found wanting against the likes of a Pacific Islander who’s moved to the other side of the world and sends half his wages home to feed his village.

At least Bowe and Wilson had the balls to test themselves.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:00 am
HammerTime wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 am All need to go but player power at Ulster needs sorted also. I've heard of plenty of stories about cocky players but one that always annoyed me from years ago is hearing about Robbie Diack challenging Brian McLaughlin in front of the whole group that he didn't rate his coaching. Now, all I remember Robbie Diack for is being soft as sh!te and single handedly costing us the 2013 final at the RDS. Who tf is he to come out with something like that, especially after said coach got us to a European Cup final the year before. These boys think they are something, as said on here many times before ... more happy to be strutting about the coffee shops of the Lisburn Road in their tracksuits or picking up their new motor at Bavarian BMW. The guys at Leinster must be p!shing themselves laughing at these losers. In the grand scheme of things (Irish Rugby) they are absolute nobody's. Also rans. A collective joke. Look at the plethora of coaches we've had and not one of them has been able to do anything with this lot. Does that not say something?? In saying that, DMF out. Cunningham out. Petrie out! And take a third of the squad with you.
This is where some of you need to realise that you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

It’s all very well dreaming of a team of Ulstermen but the reality of that in this tiny place is that you’re ending up with a a bunch of feted over, mollycoddled manchilds whose mums make their tea and wash their clothes until they’re 35.

It’s no wonder they’re found wanting against the likes of a Pacific Islander who’s moved to the other side of the world and sends half his wages home to feed his village.

I think I agree, as I posted earlier, that its highly unlikely that a team of mostly Ulster born/bred players (and I include the Pienaars/Mullers in that category) will have the strength to sit at the top table of European rugby again, and equally, as I also put in any earlier post, that is probably fine with most supporters. But when you’ve tasted the good wine of seeing the 80’s team and then 25 years ago winning Europe, with such a band of brothers, its hard to step down to the Blue Nun, but if that’s the way it has to be (and of course the money is the issue if that is to be), I can probably get used to that.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Justin, Leinster are one of the best teams in this hemisphere and their entire team is made up of rich private schoolboys who get fawned over from the second they pass out of the womb (and these lads would pass out the womb in serenity and calm in a nice private room in a nice private hospital, no sudden jolt of surprise arriving into a public NHS ward for any of the young Dermot's) . The in-house help bringing them their toast in bed in the morning and putting their socks and jocks on the radiator so that they're nice and warm before the lads have to put them on in the morning.

Ulster ma's are not to blame.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

thecrouch wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:14 am

Justin, Leinster are one of the best teams in this hemisphere and their entire team is made up of rich private schoolboys who get fawned over from the second they pass out of the womb (and these lads would pass out the womb in serenity and calm in a nice private room in a nice private hospital, no sudden jolt of surprise arriving into a public NHS ward for any of the young Dermot's) . The in-house help bringing them their toast in bed in the morning and putting their socks and jocks on the radiator so that they're nice and warm before the lads have to put them on in the morning.

It's the culture of mediocrity, we gave it a go, and complacency that is a big part of this. Whilst this is the standard set by UR, this is what we get. Across a lot of the Southern media, they're asking serious questions about what are the underlying issues- probably what we'll not get from cosy BBC, Beltel , Mulligan etc.. too many cosy relationships.
But DF and his coaching team are supposed to set standards. This is patently not happening.
I'd love them to send a message by dropping he undroppables- Stu, Hume, whoever. Luke Marshall is a warrior and Moore a smart young player. Give them a go. I doubt DF has the cojones and that may be part of the problem. Look to Munster to see how a mediocre team went on an away run of 6 games last year based on guts and pride to win URC. Rowntree and Leamy set and demand standards.

Kitshoff is a two time RWC so is used to excellence. Wonder what he thinks after 8 weeks or so?

Btw if all of Leinster's cast offs play like Timoney, Cooney and even Shanahan, I'd buy into it, as they have. It's our own that are p#shing talent up the wall- I'd say the above are grateful for the chance, whilst our Ulster born? Hmmmm

Now's the time to play Wilson, Sheridan, McCann, McNabney etc and see what happens- Treadwell , EOS, AOC, Matty Rea etc have had their chance. If Postletwhaite is so good, play him ffs. Stu doesnt want to play in Challenge cup anyway, so sit him down..
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:29 am
thecrouch wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:14 am

It's the culture of mediocrity, we gave it a go, and complacency that is a big part of this. Whilst this is the standard set by UR, this is what we get. Across a lot of the Southern media, they're asking serious questions about what are the underlying issues- probably what we'll not get from cosy BBC, Beltel , Mulligan etc.. too many cosy relationships.
But DF and his coaching team are supposed to set standards. This is patently not happening.
I'd love them to send a message by dropping he undroppables- Stu, Hume, whoever. Luke Marshall is a warrior and Moore a smart young player. Give them a go. I doubt DF has the cojones and that may be part of the problem. Look to Munster to see how a mediocre team went on an away run of 6 games last year based on guts and pride to win URC. Rowntree and Leamy set and demand standards.

Kitshoff is a two time RWC so is used to excellence. Wonder what he thinks after 8 weeks or so?
I live in Wicklow CIMAN, in the heart of the blue magoos. They just find us a joke. They won't openly laugh but you know they are laughing at just how bad we are. And you get the patronising analysis of what could be wrong.

The culture of mediocrity permeates from the very top of this club right through to a section of the support. So long as sections of the support wave their pom-poms and celebrate the mediocrity just because some player takes a photo with them or goes to their church on a Sunday nothing is really going to change at the culture of this club.

The players are treated far too well for all they have achieved (which is obviously nothing). There are no real consequences for them phoning it in like they have been doing. Celebrity status with fans hanging off them begging for photos, free motors, free gear, and nobody asking them any hard questions.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Spot on Crouchie- Mexicans are passive aggressive ref our mediocrity - but ultimately they are correct. Being laughed at by the Bloos should raise fire and anger in our Soy boys- even shyte Munster teams raise their flag of war- we raise the white flag and bend over like Tompkinson. This shower ( I'm talking of a large tranche of our so called senior players) seem to have no shame or embarrassment in them...
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I worked for two years in Dublin, made a lot of good friends. Big difference in Leinster and Munster. There is an arrogance from Leinster fans, not in an open offensive way, but, worse, in a patronising way. I would also add that the worst are the fans who hitched the ride to rugby as part of their corporate career progression, lapping the social side up, plenty of them know feck all about the game. Come the Olympics, they’ll doubtless become experts on women’s boxing, or badminton, whatever wins a medal. Munster fans, by and large, once you get a translator for the Cork brethren, have a genuine wish to see Ulster do well, they get it. What they won’t get is to see the surrender mentality that too often affects Ulster rugby players I also do relate to a lot of the criticism of the players, dating back in my mind to Sale away in 2022, but like after a tragedy in the family, now is perhaps not the time, they must know how sh1te they were. Reset is required, throughout the system, and putting to one side where the players come from, we do need to be out there seeking backing, it does exist!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Get them out!

Out of our depth on and off the pitch.

The realisation sets in when Kitschoff comes off the bench and his salary is more than the other 7 forwards on the pitch combined.

Tactically naive.

Played 14 Won 7 Lost 7 with the following to go.... in bold I don't see us winning, whens is the last season we lost more than we won.

Dragons (H) Sharks (A) Stormers (A) Montpellier (A) Cardiff (H) Benetton (H) Scarlets (A) Leinster (H) Munster (A)
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Can I vote again?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Too late

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Just wanted to double down
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

8 games left with 2 in SA and 2 against leinster and munster. Will 4 wins be enough to scrape into the top 8? I can't see top 4 a possibility now.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I struggle to see top 8...
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:03 pm I struggle to see top 8...
Agree, and I hate to say it, I don't want us to limp in, I'd prefer to lose every game to the end of the season to ensure change.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:02 pm 8 games left with 2 in SA and 2 against leinster and munster. Will 4 wins be enough to scrape into the top 8? I can't see top 4 a possibility now.
Have got at home - Dragons, Cardiff, Benetton & Leinster. Travel to Sharks, Stormers, Scarlets, Munster.

Benetton game is April so they will be fully loaded.