Best rugby player from each of the 32 counties

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Best rugby player from each of the 32 counties

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:07 am
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:07 pm Tyrone: Tyrone Howe
Tee hee. :D

Except his middle name was Ards. :duck:

Down - T. Ards Howe.

The problem with a thread like this is that some poor-ish players from some counties will get in, while some excellent players are omitted due to there being several from the same counties.

Wonder if we picked best players from only, Dublin, Belfast and Limerick (and maybe, possibly Galway and/or Cork)

and best player from each of the 32 counties excluding those born in the above named cities.

I suspect the team drawn from the cities would be much better than that from the 32 counties outside of the cities, but there'd be a few cracking players in that latter's side anyway.

I'm open to persuasion I'd be wrong though.
I thought his middle name was Bone :duck:
Interesting that Wiki list him as a politician rather than an International rugby player. He hasn't quite made his mark in the political sphere yet.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:20 pm

Down - T. Ards Howe.

The problem with a thread like this is that some poor-ish players from some counties will get in, while some excellent players are omitted due to there being several from the same counties.

Wonder if we picked best players from only, Dublin, Belfast and Limerick (and maybe, possibly Galway and/or Cork)

and best player from each of the 32 counties excluding those born in the above named cities.

I suspect the team drawn from the cities would be much better than that from the 32 counties outside of the cities, but there'd be a few cracking players in that latter's side anyway.

Interesting that Wiki list him as a politician rather than an International rugby player. He hasn't quite made his mark in the political sphere yet.
I didn't know T-Bone was a politician. Wonder has someone mixed him up with another former Ulster winger, Trevor Ringland?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:50 am
big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:20 pm

Down - T. Ards Howe.

I didn't know T-Bone was a politician. Wonder has someone mixed him up with another former Ulster winger, Trevor Ringland?
Far as I can see Tyrone is a member of tbe UUP and his political career reached the dizzy heights of a seat on Banbridge Council from 2005-07 when he resigned because of work commitments. Hardly a career politician.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall