Billy Burns offski?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Billy Burns offski?

Post by Dharper »

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... lly-burns/

Potentially off to Munster, but more importantly no contract renewal on the cards at UR.

That’s a surprise for me. Whereby there’s the same old, “hands off a D4 10” on the FB comments, could well be an NIQ 10 for next season.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Re: Billy Burns offski?

Post by ElmoIsDead »

Dharper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:27 am https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... lly-burns/

Potentially off to Munster, but more importantly no contract renewal on the cards at UR.

That’s a surprise for me. Whereby there’s the same old, “hands off a D4 10” on the FB comments, could well be an NIQ 10 for next season.
It's more likely that there's an IQ 10 for next season, new fells called Doak. He lives on Mediocrity Avenue next door to another guy called Doak who plays at 9 who's moving house to TomKite Street where he fits in better.

P.S. There's been lots of talk about Ulster not renewing Burns' contract. I was told last night that it's the other way around which actually makes more sense. I'm a 29 year old inconsistent outhalf who would like to win a winners medal before I'm sent out to pasture. I need to go somewhere that I stand half a chance of doing so.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Well yes, as per the contract thread.

He isn’t on the Ireland radar, isn’t on anyone’s Christmas card list, is probably appalled by the Stormont fiasco and could earn more elsewhere….
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:42 am Well yes, as per the contract thread.

He isn’t on the Ireland radar, isn’t on anyone’s Christmas card list, is probably appalled by the Stormont fiasco and could earn more elsewhere….
Unfortunately for him, he never got offered an Ulster contract, so he didn’t have much say in the matter!!!
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

On Munsterfans the reaction seems quite mixed but a good few thinking its a positive move with BB signed as a back up 10.

So in the spirit of Ulster rugby we can expect the deal to go through and BB proceeds to play the best rugby of his career and perhaps be part of a team that wins some silverware. C'mon you all know that for all that's been said on here about BB that's just how its going to pan out.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Bearing in mind the paucity in quality of 10 options at UR and the financial position being responsible re non contract offer…..there should be a few guys getting worried. Average performers or injury prone players on decent contracts should be vulnerable you’d imagine.

The coaching set up will be overhauled over next 18mths too.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

So Munster have taken Jaeger from NZ, Kilgallon from Connacht, are looking to steal another number 10 and a backrow from Leinster. On top of that they have a stadium that was switched to interest only because they could not repay the loan. They threw a wobbly when Snyman signed for Leinster. Oh you can't steal our players!
And FIRFU and Nucifora tell us all the Provinces are treated the same.
I hope they get Burns as a punishment. Flannery can go as well as far as I care.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

horslips wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:16 pm On Munsterfans the reaction seems quite mixed but a good few thinking its a positive move with BB signed as a back up 10.

So in the spirit of Ulster rugby we can expect the deal to go through and BB proceeds to play the best rugby of his career and perhaps be part of a team that wins some silverware. C'mon you all know that for all that's been said on here about BB that's just how its going to pan out.
Behave yourself. Billy isn’t good enough.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jetstream wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:48 pm So Munster have taken Jaeger from NZ, Kilgallon from Connacht, are looking to steal another number 10 and a backrow from Leinster. On top of that they have a stadium that was switched to interest only because they could not repay the loan. They threw a wobbly when Snyman signed for Leinster. Oh you can't steal our players!
And FIRFU and Nucifora tell us all the Provinces are treated the same.
I hope they get Burns as a punishment. Flannery can go as well as far as I care.
Yet apparently they can't give Peter O'Mahony the new Irish captain a contract. Hadn't heard the one re the Leinster backrow. Their current rumour list as best I heard is LHP (James Cronin/Michael Milne), Hooker (Johan Grobbelaar), Lock (Dillane), 10 - (Burke/Burns), Kilgallen and Gallagher in the back 3.