Leinster shithousery - Tom OToole

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Leinster shithousery - Tom OToole

Post by solidarity »

Why bother with evidence? Outrage is more than enough to go on.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Big-al wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:30 pm
Deraless wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:20 pm Every time TOT comes on for Ireland I watch the first few scrums from behind the sofa, only to find that he rarely lets the side down. While for us he has had his behind handed to him on a number of occasions.
Coaching? Application? Rest of pack?
I think it’s part coaching, part Stewart being a weak scrummaging hooker.

I read this differently than many of you, looks like Tom will be staying, Leinster tried to sign him, they can offer him a Contract but it can’t be higher than Ulsters offer, he turned down their offer to stay in Belfast.

Good.👍
Stewart's only 22- nowhere near his scrummaging peak

The other side of the coin,Al , is that has Leinster's offer pushed up how much Ulster have to pay to retain Him, eating into coffers for new signings?
Either way, Leinster flex their muscle.

I hope Wavey Davey is given free hand to gut UR from top to bottom. Said it before, FIRFU don't need us if they have 3 provinces supplying the main 23.
The fall is striking, humiliating and totally justified. Shame on UR- Petrie, Cunningham, the UR Board, DF and the failed coaching team, plus the so called leadership team.

I'd be happy for 2 years in the wilderness if this organisation is cleared out from top to bottom. It can't get any worse, unless we're Welsh....
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:51 pm
Deraless wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:20 pm Every time TOT comes on for Ireland I watch the first few scrums from behind the sofa, only to find that he rarely lets the side down. While for us he has had his behind handed to him on a number of occasions.

I read this differently than many of you, looks like Tom will be staying, Leinster tried to sign him, they can offer him a Contract but it can’t be higher than Ulsters offer, he turned down their offer to stay in Belfast.

Good.👍

The other side of the coin,Al , is that has Leinster's offer pushed up how much Ulster have to pay to retain Him, eating into coffers for new signings?

I hope Wavey Davey is given free hand to gut UR from top to bottom. Said it before, FIRFU don't need us if they have 3 provinces supplying the main 23.
The fall is striking, humiliating and totally justified. Shame on UR- Petrie, Cunningham, the UR Board, DF and the failed coaching team, plus the so called leadership team.

I'd be happy for 2 years in the wilderness if this organisation is cleared out from top to bottom. It can't get any worse, unless we're Welsh....
Leinster wouldn't have been allowed to offer him more than what Ulster offered, provinces can't outbid like that.

Honestly I imagine this may be getting blown out of proportion. I imagine the conversation lasted all of 5 minutes, with the ladyboys making clear to TOT that if he wanted a change of scenery they would be interested.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

thecrouch wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:00 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:51 pm

Good.👍

Leinster wouldn't have been allowed to offer him more than what Ulster offered, provinces can't outbid like that.

Honestly I imagine this may be getting blown out of proportion. I imagine the conversation lasted all of 5 minutes, with the ladyboys making clear to TOT that if he wanted a change of scenery they would be interested.
What's his incentive to stay Crouchie-? The same money and no trophies? I understand there have been precedents previously? Either way, Leinster seem on a mission to significantly deepen their squad in areas of perceived relative weakness with vulnerable IQ talent or talent other provinces can't afford to keep, especially with a glut of ( justified) central contracts (Snyman). TOTs from Louth- there must've been some reason for an approach? Player discontent? If IRFU blocked rather than TOT refusing, then there's a potentially unsettled player left to stew.
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bayern wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:33 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 am If he wanted to go, then what’s to stop Leinster matching his Ulster offer, or even offering a quid less, and signing him?
irfu blocked it
Surely that infringes employment contract law?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

RFU's are seemingly exempt from following any law, actual or moral
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

HammerTime wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:39 pm I don't think Ulster are in as financial dire straights as is being reported. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up.
I agree. If there is a heap of debt just get the IRFU to put it on a loan like they did for Munster and you just pay the interest on it at a generous 1 per cent.. Fêck repaying the capital sum
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Sportsmen in the south get their tax back when they retire from sports earnings. Lovely perk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:47 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 am If he wanted to go, then what’s to stop Leinster matching his Ulster offer, or even offering a quid less, and signing him?
irfu blocked it
His contract is with IRFU whether it be Ulster branch or Leinster branch therefore I'm guessing its grand.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:34 pm
irfu blocked it
His contract is with IRFU whether it be Ulster branch or Leinster branch therefore I'm guessing its grand.
But you can't stop an employee applying for another job internally or externally. Anyhow it's moot now, unless we're left with another unsettled player
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:00 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:34 pm
irfu blocked it
But you can't stop an employee applying for another job internally or externally. Anyhow it's moot now, unless we're left with another unsettled player
Internally theres no discrimination as IRFU are currently employing him in the role of professional player tight head prop. Its the same role whether in Belfast or Dublin. Externally of course he can apply for work to commence at the end of his fixed term contract. Its not discrimination to stop him from moving during contract.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18