Dragons Pre Match Q&A with Jonny Petrie

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Dragons Pre Match Q&A with Jonny Petrie

Post by Bobbievee »

Pr
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

TheBoat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:11 pm We'll win nothing with Burns. He is a symptom of our mediocrity. Turnips are welcome to him.
And we'll win nothing with Flannery either. Coming up on 26 and hasn't made an impression at either Ulster or Munster, he's as much a symptom of our mediocrity. Flannery and Burns would be acceptable as 3rd and 2nd choice 10s respectively, but we've been missing a prapper 10 for some time and it looks like the trophy cabinet will remain empty for some time if Flannery is deemed to be the future.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:15 pm
TheBoat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:11 pm We'll win nothing with Burns. He is a symptom of our mediocrity. Turnips are welcome to him.
And we'll win nothing with Flannery either. Coming up on 26 and hasn't made an impression at either Ulster or Munster, he's as much a symptom of our mediocrity. Flannery and Burns would be acceptable as 3rd and 2nd choice 10s respectively, but we've been missing a prapper 10 for some time and it looks like the trophy cabinet will remain empty for some time if Flannery is deemed to be the future.
Agreed Cap'n. Now is the time to try Doak or Lowry at least from the bench. In the unlikely event of us getting another Christian on loan for a season, then this is a free pass, as Flannery just doesn't seem to have anything more than the likes of Niall OConnor etc brought to the table in times past.. kicking mediocrity. Jesus I'd even take another IH....
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Flannery is 24 (still young). Give him an extended run until the end of the season. I can't abide this play a game or two, make mistakes, and then literally disappear for weeks. It's confusing for us but also seemingly the players have been going wtf with all this drama.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Nothing on McCloskey going to France?
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:31 pm
Agreed Cap'n. Now is the time to try Doak or Lowry at least from the bench. In the unlikely event of us getting another Christian on loan for a season, then this is a free pass, as Flannery just doesn't seem to have anything more than the likes of Niall OConnor etc brought to the table in times past.. kicking mediocrity. Jesus I'd even take another IH....
If Doak is to be tried at 10, & I really hope he is, then he must be allowed to concentrate on the position for a period. Not point starting at 10, one week and 9 the next.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bogbunny wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:19 pm Nothing on McCloskey going to France?
“I’m not going to comment on specifics in there but as part of a refresh, some players go, some players come in”.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Big-al wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:30 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:31 pm
If Doak is to be tried at 10, & I really hope he is, then he must be allowed to concentrate on the position for a period. Not point starting at 10, one week and 9 the next.
Agreed Al. If Doak is seen as a starting option at 10 , as opposed to bench cover then he needs to focus on that.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So did anyone manage to get a ticket for this?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

No, personal invite only- RSVP J. Petrie :duck:
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Petrie seems "confident" Ulster will have a competitive side next season. If all of the departures are as suggested elsewhere then hard to see how unless he expects the youngsters to immediately step up to be seasoned pros or a Lazarus like recovery in form by everyone who is currently below their best.

Unless of course there are a couple of decent signings coming in to help which seems unlikely at this stage.

Or he is in complete denial about the current situation..
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 am So did anyone manage to get a ticket for this?
I had half filled in the application and then caught myself on.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Deraless wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:15 pm
justinr73 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 am So did anyone manage to get a ticket for this?
I had half filled in the application and then caught myself on.
Phew. Close call, D.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Didn't waste my time applying. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bart S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:10 pm Petrie seems "confident" Ulster will have a competitive side next season. If all of the departures are as suggested elsewhere then hard to see how unless he expects the youngsters to immediately step up to be seasoned pros or a Lazarus like recovery in form by everyone who is currently below their best.

Unless of course there are a couple of decent signings coming in to help which seems unlikely at this stage.

Or he is in complete denial about the current situation..
:cheers: :salut:

He'll be gone if he gets this
https://www.sportcal.com/personnel/dods ... r/?cf-view
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18