Team for Dragoons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team for Dragoons

Post by Neill_M »

(15-9) Will Addison (Upper Eden RUFC), Ethan McIlroy (Ballynahinch RFC), James Hume (C) (Instonians RFC), Jude Postlethwaite (Lisburn RFC), Mike Lowry (Dromore RFC), Billy Burns (Walcot RFC), John Cooney (Gonzaga College);

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff (Maties RFC), Tom Stewart (Belfast Academy), Tom O’Toole (Ashbourne RFC), Cormac Izuchukwu (Tullamore RFC), Harry Sheridan (Civil Service NI RFC), David McCann (Cooke RFC), Marcus Rea (Ballymena RFC), Nick Timoney (Blackrock College).

Replacements: John Andrew (Ballymena RFC), Andrew Warwick (Ballymena RFC), Scott Wilson (Dromore RFC), Kieran Treadwell (Chipstead RFC), Sean Reffell (Bromley RFC), Nathan Doak (Lisburn RFC), Luke Marshall (Ballymena RFC), Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch RFC).
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Izzy and Sheridan starting. Marcus Rea back in.

That'll do.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:25 pm Izzy and Sheridan starting. Marcus Rea back in.

That'll do.
Is Marty off rugby for Lent?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Where's Matty??
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Where's Ewers?
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:25 pm Izzy and Sheridan starting. Marcus Rea back in.

That'll do.
Marcus Rea started at Ospreys.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:00 pm

That'll do.
Alright Dan, I stand corrected.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:07 pm

That'll do.
Did I really want to select him?

No, but at least I don’t have to listen to the experts on here any longer.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Aw sure we're all experts here...
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:16 pm
thecrouch wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:07 pm

That'll do.
Did I really want to select him?

No, but at least I don’t have to listen to the experts on here any longer.
If you'd spent more time at your job and less at the theatre and concerts maybe we wouldn't have been so shyte :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’ve taken a new role with the RSPB and will ensure that we fight for every finch.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

will JH be able to constrain his natural " enthusiasm and belligerence" ..........in addressing the referee as Capitan........... to ensure that he remains on the pitch for the whole 80 minutes?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jetstream wrote:

That'll do.
Off to fat camp.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:47 pm
Jetstream wrote:

That'll do.
Off to fat camp.
Is that where Milo ended up?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:37 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:15 pm
justinr73 wrote:It’s the Dragons minus their internationals.

If we can’t secure an impressive bonus point win against that lot then we really are doomed.

It will be interesting to see how we play though.

I’m struggling to understand how McFarland stopped the players from catching the ball, tackling the opposition, throwing a lineout straight and pushing hard enough in a scrum and, indeed, why he would want to.
I don't know but here's a theory: Tension in the body. It's the scourge of sports men and women all over the world. Every sport. It's what separates the those who have the talent and those who have the talent but additionally can perform under pressure. In an ideal world you would only have world class individuals. One major impact on tension is thinking or to be more specific, negative thinking. Thinking creates a delay, causing doubt/fear/anxiety and as a result muscle tension. It is preferable to use the increase in emotion to keep focus external by heightening the senses. To engage in a state of flow where the player is spontaneously interacting with the situation around him. A big factor in enabling flow is the reduction of decision fatigue. Making decisions is cognitively taxing, thus a drain on energy, the player is potentially achieving suboptimal oxygenation when performing the task (catching, passing, kicking etc). This player will make more mistakes. The coaches role can be, in terms of providing clear instructions and philosophy to reduce in-game uncertainty over decision making. Players have to buy into this playing style. The coach has to be able to communicate the message. After 6 years this becomes more difficult for a variety of factors. Dan is nearly a great coach. He has nearly won trophies. The nearly won trophy cabinet is nearly fun.

In our scenario we need someone who the players will respond to and buy into the playing style/philosophy. We can't replace all the players unfortunately. We need a details guy. Joe Schmidt left no player uncertain as to his role on the pitch, what was expected at a given scenario.. we can't afford a Joe. The shouty Brexit coach will only get you so far.
So fear of failure and get someone else to think for you?
Surely we need thinkers on the pitch who can work out a defence setting etc as it presents and not robots having every scenario micro managed?

F#cking Gen Z... :flower: :duck: :D
Players aren't very clever though.

It's not that you don't think at all, as in don't get in a huddle and decide a strategy, but in the moment of said action (pass,run,kick etc) you are able to flow without thinking 'sh1t I better not drop this' or 'coach will kill me now'. It may be gen z BS but actually self criticism is a poor tool for improving over self compassion and understanding. It's all gone woke. Pep Guardiola, Joe Schmidt, Phil Jackson etc.. these guys have clear philosophies and will leave players understanding on no uncertain terms what is expected. They won't mindlessly criticise instead they tell players exactly what they need to do to improve.

I can't explain it very well perhaps chatgpt can help?
Explained it okay to me, but then maybe that's because I was thinking the same way.

Yer not far wrong Dave. >you_rock
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right