The skipper

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: The skipper

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agree Al- I prefer a forward as captain- so if McCann has anything about him, let's accept mistakes and get him broke in and plan for the future.

Thought he and Reffell were excellent btw, albeit Dragons. Reffell with a run of fitness looks the same mould as his bro'
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

You know that it isn’t his brother, right?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:09 pm You know that it isn’t his brother, right?
It's seems you are correct Justin. I had read they were Bros, but cursory investigation into birthplace etc shows not so. Suppose it never occurred to me that one was Irish Qualified and one Welsh. TBF it's an unusual name...
Point still stands- if Sean's as good as Tommy...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Think they’re born about six months apart!

I also like our version though, as did departed Dan.

Hopefully he can feature regularly on match day from now on.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Agreed- hope he's not going to be another potentially top class player plagued by injury for us, a la Addison. He is a machine, but his sort will always attract injuries with his tackle rate and going into the danger zone around ruck and breakdown
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The Ulster team is full of individuals trying to play themselves back into form or continue developing.

Give the captaincy to Kitshoff and let the others focus on their game. Time for an experienced head to steady the ship for the remainder of this season and the next.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:The Ulster team is full of individuals trying to play themselves back into form or continue developing.

Give the captaincy to Kitshoff and let the others focus on their game. Time for an experienced head to steady the ship for the remainder of this season and the next.
A good idea, however, he needs to be fully committed to the cause and not just collecting a pay cheque or trying to get into the sausage industry.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:52 pm
Bart S wrote:The Ulster team is full of individuals trying to play themselves back into form or continue developing.

A good idea, however, he needs to be fully committed to the cause and not just collecting a pay cheque or trying to get into the sausage industry.
Very true Dave and the captaincy would help get him fully committed (not saying he's not already by the way).
It's not like he'd be an unproven risk