Autumn Internationals 2024

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Autumn Internationals 2024

Post by Neill_M »

Reading on the Twittersphere that TNT Sports have apparently got the UK & Ireland tv rights to the November tests for 2024 and 2025. New format from 2026.

Previously these games were on Amazon.
Sir Ivor
Novice

Re: Autumn Internationals 2024

Post by Sir Ivor »

If correct, that’s good news as I never liked watching on Amazon.

On a similar topic can anyone shed light on the URC contract with Viaplay? As I understand it Viaplay sold their sports coverage back to Premier Sports effective 2024. It’s 2024 now but I’ve heard nothing.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Sir Ivor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:29 pm If correct, that’s good news as I never liked watching on Amazon.

On a similar topic can anyone shed light on the URC contract with Viaplay? As I understand it Viaplay sold their sports coverage back to Premier Sports effective 2024. It’s 2024 now but I’ve heard nothing.
So Viaplay/Premier Sports have the URC rights till Summer 2025. At some point the Viaplay channels on Sky will be rebranded back to Premier Sports. The third free to air channel has already gone. The Viaplay app will disappear in time and Premier Sports are apparently developing their own streaming platform.
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

Thanks Neill.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Neill_M wrote:
Sir Ivor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:29 pm If correct, that’s good news as I never liked watching on Amazon.

So Viaplay/Premier Sports have the URC rights till Summer 2025. At some point the Viaplay channels on Sky will be rebranded back to Premier Sports. The third free to air channel has already gone. The Viaplay app will disappear in time and Premier Sports are apparently developing their own streaming platform.
I hope Premier Sports come up with a decent streaming platform, because I recall when I used it back in the day it wasnt much to write home about, and actually Viaplays is smashing!
..one more thing