Ulster's finances

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Flads
Novice

Re: Ulster's finances

Post by Flads »

Can anyone in simple terms list the budgets of the 4 provinces, including the value of central contracts?? What is the true gap?
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Flads wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:27 pm Can anyone in simple terms list the budgets of the 4 provinces, including the value of central contracts?? What is the true gap?
I don't believe anyone knows. Ulster is the only Province that publishes their financial accounts. Munster stopped publishing theirs a few years ago. It is said we are all treated equally.
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

When you look at the squads there is no way the spend is anywhere close to equal. Even the coaching tickets are massively different.
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jetstream wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 pm
Flads wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:27 pm Can anyone in simple terms list the budgets of the 4 provinces, including the value of central contracts?? What is the true gap?
I don't believe anyone knows. Ulster is the only Province that publishes their financial accounts. Munster stopped publishing theirs a few years ago. It is said we are all treated equally.
Are several Munster player not employed by a private company?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We need an economist or some sh1t to calculate the costings from the ground up, including schools. To get a sense of the total investment from schoolboy to pro level. The provincial model seems to reinforce the wealth distribution on the Island. There is no desire to create a level playing field. It's corruption.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

All getting very communist in here.

Get rid of central contracts would be a start. Leinster have 11 of their best players for free. How's that fair? Get rid of them and distribute the money equally between the four. They decide the players to keep.

More centralised academy structure. Encourage school prospects in Ulster to go to UCD or Trinity rather than across the water.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Why would the IRFU change tact though? Selling out Aviva, 2nd in world rankings, winning 6N Irish Rugby is rosy.

The Leinsterfication of Team Ireland is not a good thing in the medium to long term.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ireland choked a grand slam and a world cup semi. The IRFU are communist. Greedy, corrupt, self serving, centralist, authoritarian, dictatorial...

Ulster are the starving peasants they pay lip service to.

Time for a revolution.

At some stage.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 pm Ireland choked a grand slam and a world cup semi. The IRFU are communist. Greedy, corrupt, self serving, centralist, authoritarian, dictatorial...

Time for a revolution.

At some stage.
Will it be televised? :duck:

It's more like the Hunger Games....
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 pm Ireland choked a grand slam and a world cup semi. The IRFU are communist. Greedy, corrupt, self serving, centralist, authoritarian, dictatorial...

Time for a revolution.

At some stage.
Will it be televised? :duck:

It's more like the Hunger Games....
Sign Marty up...
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

https://www.the42.ie/irfu-national-cont ... 7-Apr2024/

You have to scroll it down slowly to read the article but it can be done. Explains the funding system pretty well.

Ultimately Leinster have weaponised their natural advantages brilliantly. A couple of things are very clear:

The privately funded Leinster school system is an advantage no other province will ever likely match.

Secondly…..we are likely never going to attract any player north that has a reasonable chance of a pro contract/int selection down south….the 10yr tax refund doesn’t apply in NI. Realistically you’d be talking hundreds of thousands of euros given up within 3/4yrs Players wouldn’t want to give that up. It’s very rarely acknowledged but don’t tell me it isn’t a huge factor.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

As a matter of interest with regard to the tax rebate how would it work with a player say like Carberry going to France or Johnny Sexton havong a year at Racing. Is it a question of doing ten years stretch or ten years as a total and do they have to retire from Rugby as an Irish based player?
Under the new attitude to preparing to take over the 6 counties would doing time at Ulster count?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’re allowed to pick up to 10 relevant years.

I believe they have to be resident in Ireland or the EU when they retire. Dunno if post Brexit NI counts or not.

UR addressed Parliament on this 12 months ago saying that it was unfair they had to pay Irish players more to join.

Apparently, as also mentioned in the submission, they don’t pay VAT on ticket sales over the border and this tax liability costs Ulster up to 750k a year.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Could they be paid from an ROI ltd company IE either IRFU H.O. or Virginia or Cavan RFC for example and UR loses this off their rebate?
Has to be ways of doing this. ROI is good at tax avoidance
Exterminate all rational thought