Petrie departs…..

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Petrie departs…..

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Soda wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:16 pm So,in desperate straits we appoint some aul bluffer who's never actually run a business in his puff.
What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you explain your logic , okay so what business would you use as a mark to Run an organisation that has a professional part and a amateur part ( maybe you didn’t know but the CEO looks after the club game as well ) Petrie and Logan failed massively at that this one actually understands rugby and the understands Clubs and Fans
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

thecrouch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:28 pm I'd rather have this guy than have Cunningham get promoted.

At least he's a fresh face around the place.
Yes. As yet we have no reason to dislike him which already puts him well ahead of the alternatives.

In my experience the big private sector organisations tend to be as incompetent as most civil service departments. In any case, nearly everybody in the pravince earning more than minimum wage is a public sector employee as we make next to nathin here.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Soda wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:16 pm So,in desperate straits we appoint some aul bluffer who's never actually run a business in his puff.

As Gerard says no bigger bluffer than Colonel Logan (lest we forget) his CV was a world of Walter Mitty and still they appointed him.. I guess due diligence was forgotten that day. That man was a joke.

We don’t need an Elon Musk because the IRFU run the show dictating who goes where and does what and no CEO is able to come in and turn us into something we are not allowed to be..

Petries attitude left a lot to be desired at times and he didn’t take kindly to anyone standing up against him..

So give the guy a chance for me the biggest problem is Bryn and his little private army of mates.. they have more fingerprint on the professional team than Petrie had.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Great appointment! Wish him all the best!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

At that level its not what you know its who you know ! Petrie was fine choice when Logan went there was too much sh!T for a local face . But he lacks local network necessary at this time .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Soda
Novice

Petrie departs…..

Post by Soda »

Gerald the Mole wrote:

can you explain your logic , okay so what business would you use as a mark to Run an organisation that has a professional part and a amateur part ( maybe you didn’t know but the CEO looks after the club game as well ) Petrie and Logan failed massively at that this one actually understands rugby and the understands Clubs and Fans
This one has BLAZER written all over him....

I may be wrong, I really hope I am, but somehow I doubt it....

Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Cockatrice wrote:

As Gerard says no bigger bluffer than Colonel Logan (lest we forget) his CV was a world of Walter Mitty and still they appointed him.. I guess due diligence was forgotten that day. That man was a joke.

We don’t need an Elon Musk because the IRFU run the show dictating who goes where and does what and no CEO is able to come in and turn us into something we are not allowed to be..

Petries attitude left a lot to be desired at times and he didn’t take kindly to anyone standing up against him..

So give the guy a chance for me the biggest problem is Bryn and his little private army of mates.. they have more fingerprint on the professional team than Petrie had.
Agree entirely about Bryn

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Strangely when one reads another thread on this site dating back to 2009 and candidates for the role of CEO the same Hugh McCaughey is being identified and spoken about as being interviewed then. If so it has been a long journey.. he ticks more boxes than many might think but the job is the job of a yes man…
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 pm Strangely when one reads another thread on this site dating back to 2009 and candidates for the role of CEO the same Hugh McCaughey is being identified and spoken about as being interviewed then. If so it has been a long journey.. he ticks more boxes than many might think but the job is the job of a yes man…
You are right with the yes man title and this appointment would have been taken by Humph as the two would know each other well from Dungannon days. Still think he’s a competent guy with plenty of rugby and budgetary experience. But ultimately goes to show it’s still a closed shop.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 pm Strangely when one reads another thread on this site dating back to 2009 and candidates for the role of CEO the same Hugh McCaughey is being identified and spoken about as being interviewed then. If so it has been a long journey.. he ticks more boxes than many might think but the job is the job of a yes man…
Does he have any conflicts of interest with players agents?

Anyway, new broom etc and lest we forget- INTERIM- FIRFU will be pulling the strings with Wavy
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Horse15 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:30 pm
You are right with the yes man title and this appointment would have been taken by Humph as the two would know each other well from Dungannon days. Still think he’s a competent guy with plenty of rugby and budgetary experience. But ultimately goes to show it’s still a closed shop.
Closed shop?

We’ve just had two CEO’s for 15 years with limited or no previous involvement with Ulster rugby.

It is not a closed shop.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The interim position at least has the benefit of acting as a glorified job interview. If he does well then fair play and he gets offered it permanently if he so wishes. If not then on to the next one. Its not like HSCNI management positions including CEO change every fart's end anyway. He deserves a chance until he doesn't anymore.

Any NHS CEO will be well used to spoofing some positive spin out of an awful shitshow, so he has that attribute which will benefit UR. Maybe that's where JP's future lies.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Dungannon Mafia , Bell, Brady, BC, (Humph ) now Hugh ,we need some Hinch me in there to balance it out .
Available for weddings May to August only
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

BC?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Good luck to him, I hope it goes well. The question that needs to be answered though is what would success look like, what is his remit and what is Bryn's (and Dublin too obviously). I would guess what he would be trying to do is create a great culture with the administrative type people, trying to build our sponsorship revenue (chief to that replacing Kingspan's money), ensuring that the administrative side is as competent as possible, and getting himself out there at the clubs and seeing how he can assist them. Is the whole professional side under Bryn now, what about the academy?